Lee10

Should prostitution be Legal?

Prostitution   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be legal?

• Yes
    • No.

So as the title suggests, what are your thoughts and opinions on this, should it be legal, should it be mandated by the government, should it be illegal? 

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

Everyone knows that prostitution is practiced throughout the land. Where it is legal in only a few Nevada counties, prostitution is vigorously regulated and monitored by the State of Nevada Health Department. The women submit to compulsory medical tests for STDs. No one is forced to work as a prostitute. Pimps don't exist. HIV has never been detected. The women earn regular paychecks and tips. Some even get vacation and sick days. And they pay taxes! It's BULLSHIT that it's illegal for two consenting adults to have sex with each other!

source penn & teller bullsh*t

Edited by Bem18

I'd rather not see a disgusting STD infected whore on the side of the road preaching sex and drugs to my children... no thanks.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

On one hand, there are those men and women who decide to sell their bodies by themselves. It's a choice of them, and they stand by it. No problem, they are free to do whatever they want with their bodies.

On the other hand, there are those men and women forced into prostitution, often abducted in foreign countries and drugged to keep them addicted so they -have- to prostitute themselves to get their dose of drugs (procurement and all that).

If prostitution was legal, it would open the gate to a lot of fucked up drifts in my opinion. At the very end, we are talking about human beings, not food. It shouldn't be legal to me.

That's human trafficking you're talking about, two entirely diffrent things, people forced to have sex, yes I get it, that is bad, but prostitution is just two people who want to hook up, one party pays for it and boom, I see no reason for it being not legal. 

- Trevor Phillips. 

I'd rather not see a disgusting STD infected whore on the side of the road preaching sex and drugs to my children... no thanks.

if its legal its is taxed and regulated so no std and most probably they would only be in brothels like in nevada.

This is most likely the minority view, but I feel like it should be legalized. To me it's one of those crimes that have more pros than cons if legalized. Police no longer have to enforce the act of soliciting a prostitute which would no longer give "innocent" men and women a felony on them( though that's the worst outcome). Those sex crime task forces can now focus on the actual victim part of prostitution, the physical abuses by the pimps, human trafficking, drugs and etc. That's just my opinion on the LE aspect, and I personally feel that enforcing prostitution is kind of a waste of resources.

But it should also be mandated by the government, to help protect both parties, taxes and etc. So make pimping illegal, because I believe that's where most of the problems with prostitution come from. Start making it a somewhat respectable business.

YouTube:Black Jesus                                                   

I think yes it should, with established health standards and permits and monthly medical evaluations. They also shouldn't be able to solicit clients as CK described. And I need those customer protection rules extended her, 'cause if she was awful, I want my money back.

It shouldn't be legal on the street. Sex in a car for money is absolutely disgusting. I can't even imagine walking down the street, and seeing people have sex in a car down an alley, and it be legal.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

Not my call, but if someone wants to blow their money on some STD ridden hooker, that's not my problem.

One of the very few things we agree on. I may not agree with your right to be stupid, but I'll defend that right with my life.

Okay, that's public, but what over the phone or in the privacy of their own home, can it be legal then.

- Trevor Phillips. 

Yeah! If prostitution was legalized in the UK it would put 95% of the population of Manchester into employment! Honestly I don't see the problem with this as long as it's not on the street and is regulated.

Okay, that's public, but what over the phone or in the privacy of their own home, can it be legal then.

Sure, at that point you can do whatever the hell you want, even if it's dumb as hell. I just don't want to see any of it. I shouldn't have to put effort into trying to hide from prostitution.

If its done correctly it would stop our Human Trafficking Problem by 75% or more

Edited by XBR410

28e28d75ee.png

HAVE A QUESTION OR A REQUEST? MESSAGE ME I'M HAPPY TO HELP

That's one hypocritical statement.

Maybe to someone who isn't able to properly comprehend the statement, then it would be considered hypocritical by said person.

If its done correctly it would stop our Human Trafficking Problem by 75% or more

Not saying that you're incorrect, but do you mind elaborating on how this is true?

Maybe to someone who isn't able to properly comprehend the statement, then it would be considered hypocritical by said person.

By the way i read it it sure seemed so. First you agree, then you bring up stupidity. What exactly are you going on about?

76561198097811776.png

"This represents imminent danger, for sure."

By the way i read it it sure seemed so. First you agree, then you bring up stupidity. What exactly are you going on about?

*sigh*

With this statement, I'm saying that while I think what you're doing is stupid, you have every right under the law to do it, and I'm willing to defend that right with my life (Hence the whole Marine Corps thing). In the military, we don't get to pick and choose who we want to defend and protect. The fact that I believe your actions are stupid is irrelevant. If it's legal, you have every right to be doing it.

Edited by CriminalKillaz

I can't even imagine walking down the street, and seeing people have sex in a car down an alley.

''People be like, Somebody film that shit!''

I think it should stay Illegal, I doubt it would ever become legal the Government has enough to deal with last thing they need is a job about dicks & vaginas

''A quiet man, is a thinking man. A quiet woman, is usually mad.''

TateDecleatsLee.gif

''People be like, Somebody film that shit!''

I think it should stay Illegal, I doubt it would ever become legal the Government has enough to deal with last thing they need is a job about dicks & vaginas

LMFAO.

Absolutely. Preventing two consenting adults from exchange of goods is wrong to me. By making it legal, it's safer for all involved. It's not to say people won't try to work around the system but making it legal creates a framework for things like STD testing and and better workplace standards for sex workers. Also makes it safer for any willing buyers of the service.