Sam

LCPDFR 1.0d Megathread

After I installed 1.0d version, game crashes every ±15 minutes and I don't know why. 1.0c works fine. I had to downgrade LCPDFR due to this issue ...

attachicon.gifLCPDFR.log

Make a support thread if you want help. Also, there's nothing that's went wrong in the LCPDFR.log, so it is unlikely to be LCPDFR related.

Howdy! With the release of 1.0D. I find myself very impressed! I am a  little boggled however when it comes to clearing from callouts. The helpbox says that I should press the "~" Key (Tilde), but when I do, I get no notification of callout cleared, but the Drop down console appears. Any way around this?

First Sergeant Sean D. Hawksby - Supervisor, Security Solutions Division (SSD)
HitCorp International [HCI]
8028006410_411351c552.jpg
[HCI]-1SG.Hawksby

This version of LCPDFR is by far the most stable one I've played since I started about 2 years ago. I just played for about 10 hours straight, unhealthy I know, and the only crash was when I was patrolling in Bohan. I got a call of 'shots fired' and when i responded, I checked the area and there was about 6 guys aiming their pistols at me. I have a gun mod installed so it has a built in flashlight and this caused the crash. The gun is the 'M9 Beretta With Working Flashlight' on gta4-mods, don't want to post the link cause I don't want to get in trouble, and its the only firearm that I can use with my officer model. Great job on this version Sam!!

Howdy! With the release of 1.0D. I find myself very impressed! I am a  little boggled however when it comes to clearing from callouts. The helpbox says that I should press the "~" Key (Tilde), but when I do, I get no notification of callout cleared, but the Drop down console appears. Any way around this?

For me I just drive away and press "alt+e" and that usually does the trick! (By the way, are you using an Xbox controller?)

After installing 1.0D, my game would crash right after the loading screen (the one with the slideshow of characters.) I uninstalled 1.0D and my game worked fine. Did I do something wrong?

did you uninstall 1.0C before the installation of 1.0D?

Scratch the 'Not Crashed While Playing' thing, I was just playing for about 10 minutes and my game had the 'SMPA60' error! I think this happened because of the LCPDFR save game thing. Is there any way of disabling this ability? Its going to bother me in the long run...

Edited by ThunderThighs

This is starting to annoy me.

fHFibDx.jpg

That happened to me a little while ago when I installed DLC guns to my plain GTA 4 folder... I never crashed but it despawned every police car and it pissed me off. I uninstalled the gun mod and it worked fine but the police car problem still happened. I kinda have a feeling that it has to do with the taser that the game still has. If that isn't the problem, I don't know what happened. Uninstall LCPDFR 1.0D and check if that was the problem.

-Cheers, Officer ThunderThighs

Thanks, but that will have to wait... Stupid me, got a RAT on my computer... [Virus, Not rodent]

This is a false positive from your anti-virus program. You'll either need to disable that temporarily or install LCPDFR manually.

Absolutely love the update! I played for about an hour with only a few bugs I had was calling for a prison transport about 20 officers appeared lol. Then my police helper crashed.

Hi, can I have a full list of the controls please? Am very confused with the new layout and stuff. Also, is it possible to switch on lights for our weapons like the AI? Thanks and 1.0d is really awesome!!

This version of LCPDFR is by far the most stable one I've played since I started about 2 years ago. I just played for about 10 hours straight, unhealthy I know, and the only crash was when I was patrolling in Bohan. I got a call of 'shots fired' and when i responded, I checked the area and there was about 6 guys aiming their pistols at me. I have a gun mod installed so it has a built in flashlight and this caused the crash. The gun is the 'M9 Beretta With Working Flashlight' on gta4-mods, don't want to post the link cause I don't want to get in trouble, and its the only firearm that I can use with my officer model. Great job on this version Sam!!

For me I just drive away and press "alt+e" and that usually does the trick! (By the way, are you using an Xbox controller?)

Scratch the 'Not Crashed While Playing' thing, I was just playing for about 10 minutes and my game had the 'SMPA60' error! I think this happened because of the LCPDFR save game thing. Is there any way of disabling this ability? Its going to bother me in the long run...

10 hours? Teach me the ways master!

I've had played for no more than an hour because I didn't have time. The script crashed one time, and I had a few errors here and there before my game crashed. Although it was most likely a memory spike in GTA IV itself because of my increase of traffic, and HD textures.

Stupid 32-bit limitations...

The SMPA60 error likely has nothing to do with LCPDFR - it is most commonly triggered by something related to models.  If you aren't using any custom models, are you using the wig-wag head/tail lights?  If so, it could be a crash related to that - we're making the game do something it doesn't want to do (and never does normally), and I had a few SMPA60 crashes from this too.  You might just want to disable it if so.   The autosave shouldn't trigger SMPA60 errors.  A setting exists for it in the .ini regardless if you want to change it though (more details on the settings section in the guide)

Also, posting relevant links isn't something you would get into trouble for!

Random out-of-place props are most likely caused by a corrupted save file. Start a new game and make a new save file.

Probably nothing to do with LCPDFR anyway.

second time this has happened. lol

That looks pretty funny.  Certainly is our fault - we'll look into it, hopefully it doesn't happen too often!

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Update runs very well, excellent job as usual.  Most stable version I've had yet, as I've not yet crashed once at this point.  Remarkable work fella's!!

Just out of curiosity; why don't the dev's just borrower the ambulance code from Abraxas PH so the ambulance doesn't hit everything in site, usually killing people in the process and then leaves without taking any bodies...kinda sucks!  The ambulance in PH Helper works beautifully; they pull up fine without the usual destruction and mayhem and they actually stop in the street (not sidewalk) without killing anybody, the tech jumps out, treats the victim...usually takes the victim to the ambulance and leaves for the hospital.  

Just a thought...thanks again guys!

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

When did this happen?

Update runs very well, excellent job as usual.  Most stable version I've had yet, as I've not yet crashed once at this point.  Remarkable work fella's!!

Just out of curiosity; why don't the dev's just borrower the ambulance code from Abraxas PH so the ambulance doesn't hit everything in site, usually killing people in the process and then leaves without taking any bodies...kinda sucks!  The ambulance in PH Helper works beautifully; they pull up fine without the usual destruction and mayhem and they actually stop in the street (not sidewalk) without killing anybody, the tech jumps out, treats the victim...usually takes the victim to the ambulance and leaves for the hospital.  

Just a thought...thanks again guys!

DrDetroit

Yeah, PoliceHelper works better Ambulance-wise, and its code would be nice to have.

Also why did you say your own name after your post?

Yeah. I'm using a X360 Controller... I'll give Alt+E a shot after a call out and see what happens...

First Sergeant Sean D. Hawksby - Supervisor, Security Solutions Division (SSD)
HitCorp International [HCI]
8028006410_411351c552.jpg
[HCI]-1SG.Hawksby

Sometimes I just hate these menus in QAM. I've accepted callout with a violent gang behavior (from SuperVillains plugin). I wanted my partner to enter the alley from the other side while I was diverting "The Lost" men (the best tactic ever, lol).

But everything went wrong because the "partner-menu" didn't appear after clicking CAPSLOCK. And Windows opened active programs (ALT+TAB).

Anyway, this update is well-done (for me) and I now may patrol LC and its neighbors longer than ever!

Guys, has anyone tried ELS v8.0 with 1.0d yet? Does it work or does it cause any issues? I'm tempted to try it but I'm wondering if it would be better to hold off for now in case it b0rk's my install which is running nice and stable so far.

Sometimes I just hate these menus in QAM. I've accepted callout with a violent gang behavior (from SuperVillains plugin). I wanted my partner to enter the alley from the other side while I was diverting "The Lost" men (the best tactic ever, lol).

But everything went wrong because the "partner-menu" didn't appear after clicking CAPSLOCK. And Windows opened active programs (ALT+TAB).

Anyway, this update is well-done (for me) and I now may patrol LC and its neighbors longer than ever!

I agree. Especially on a controller, the new QAM is annoying. Especially having to switch tabs with LeftShoulder (LB)

I like the look of the QAM, it's just that a selection wheel is much, much better when it comes to quick menus, at least on controllers.

--

Also, I can't help myself, but I have to get this out of my system.

I really like the new features, but is it wrong of me to say that they're a waste of time and resources? I'd rather see a longer list of bug fixes for known bugs, than a list of new features.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean any offense, but it just doesn't make sense to buy expensive paintings if you don't have any walls. You have to build walls before you can hang the paintings down.

If you get what I mean.

Basically what I'm saying is, I feel as if there's too little effort put into fixing bugs. Yes, I know the game itself already becomes unstable with a mod such as LCPDFR, and yes, I know it's very difficult to create and maintain, but that's no excuse for adding new features while there's still a list of bugs and errors. Making the mod larger only makes it more difficult to trace the errors down, right?

I agree. Especially on a controller, the new QAM is annoying. Especially having to switch tabs with LeftShoulder (LB)

I like the look of the QAM, it's just that a selection wheel is much, much better when it comes to quick menus, at least on controllers.

--

Also, I can't help myself, but I have to get this out of my system.

I really like the new features, but is it wrong of me to say that they're a waste of time and resources? I'd rather see a longer list of bug fixes for known bugs, than a list of new features.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean any offense, but it just doesn't make sense to buy expensive paintings if you don't have any walls. You have to build walls before you can hang the paintings down.

If you get what I mean.

Basically what I'm saying is, I feel as if there's too little effort put into fixing bugs. Yes, I know the game itself already becomes unstable with a mod such as LCPDFR, and yes, I know it's very difficult to create and maintain, but that's no excuse for adding new features while there's still a list of bugs and errors. Making the mod larger only makes it more difficult to trace the errors down, right?

I have to agree with you on the QAM, Even on a keyboard I find it isn't really 'Quick' as sometimes I've found that by the time I've found what i'm looking for whatever I was targeting is no longer targeted, For example peds moving in front of suspects. However this may be because it's a new system and we may just need to use it a little more to become familiar with it.

Furthermore I can see where you're coming from with the Feature : bug fix ratio, however I must disagree because if only one or two new features were added and there were loads of bug fixes I would think LCPDFR would become pretty stale. In my personal experience I find LCPDFR becomes stale around the time there is a new update with features to tide me over until the next. If there were fewer features I could find myself losing interest in LCPDFR. (Or maybe this is because I play it too much.)

In the end there are two sides to the 'What the update should contain" argument. Both of which have very good points behind them. But I find myself wanting something new to play with instead of an old thing made better.

However it must be said that I only stand by this when we're talking about less essential features. I do expect the basic functions to work like arresting and acctually managing to get on duty. 

If you get what I mean.

Any known bugs with the script itself in previous versions were fixed in the new release, but there's really no point in going into detail about those on the download page. It's covered by "Many other small fixes" in the changelog.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

Any known bugs with the script itself in previous versions were fixed in the new release, but there's really no point in going into detail about those on the download page. It's covered by "Many other small fixes" in the changelog.

Does that mean there's no fix possible for the random errors that cause the mod to crash, and those NullReferenceException errors? ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object")? Because in 1.0d I've still been having these. And from what I could find out they were known bugs. A real bummer.

Either way, those bugs aren't going to stop me from playing and tweaking until I get it right. I'm way too stubborn to let a few crashes keep me down :sweat:

can we please make a thread that says, "SMPA60 is caused by car mods"

it's honestly amazing that people haven't figured that one out yet

Is it REALLY the car mods that's causing this? Even if it's only one, a well made one by someone loved by the community? Because that would truly suck.