1supermiguel

Vehicles from my home town

Hi, I would just like to request, if anyone could, and if possible, the same type of police vehicle my town uses? They use both slicktop and non-slicktop variants of both 2010 Dodge Charger, and 2013 Dodge Charger. Always marked. They also use a police suv, not sure what kind though, that is non-slicktop, only used sometimes during wintry weather and for roadblocks I believe. Our streets aren't that big. And the biggest ones could be covered with pretty much two or so of them. Not sure what model they are based off of, as like I said they are rare, but if I had to guess I would probably go with the classic Chevy Tahoe, if someone could make a chevy tahoe as well with the same designs as the normal charger police vehicles. That is pretty much it for my home town's police department, well I mean they also have unmarked Ford Taurus's, but I cannot obtain a picture or video of those. The non-slicktop variant of the charger could replace police, you could make it a 2010 version, and the slicktop variant, which is a 2013 version, could be police2. The tahoe, if someone can make that as well, can be polpatriot. Not sure what year they use, so you can feel free to use whatever year version of the tahoe you want for that one. Here is a video of our non-slicktop charger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXSqtGE5wHo

And here are some images of the both the non-slicktop and slicktop variants of the Dodge Chargers they use in my home town, both 2010 and 2014 editions:

hni_0011.jpg

601487_167866050030658_551332690_n.jpg

429743_167550716728858_528630648_n.jpg

DSC_2201%20copy.jpg

So as you can see the design is very plain. Even in the back of the vehicle, which you are not able to see in these images, under the lights, in both editions of the vehicle, 2010 and 2014 all it says is "POLICE" and above the lights is the Unit Number that Police Vehicle is. Inside the "Catskill Police" words, on the side of the vehicle, in the center there is a badge, I do not have any pictures or videos of the badge, but it is an eagle top shield badge with two american flags on the sides of it, the center in the blue circle is just the New York State whole "Excelsior" not sure what that is called....I guess icon? Seal? Anyways, so, if it is possible, if anyone could make these vehicles it'd be amazing! Thank you to anyone who can do it! I've just never seen any Catskill Police vehicles in LCPDFR, and I would love to be cruising around the game in my home town police car, so this appears to be the best way, via requesting, to possibly make this dream happen! So yes, thanks to anyone who tries and a special thanks to anyone who can do it! That is all, thanks for your time! :smile:

EDIT: Not sure if I need to put this here, but just in case, the license plates of all three vehicles should be the standard blue and white one that says "New York" on the top, "The Empire State" in the bottom of it, you know, the one used in multiple models located here throughout LCPDFR that are New York vehicles, with "POLICE" written where the License Plate Numbers would usually be and that is it. The "POLICE" should be in blue text. This was probably an unnecessary thing to add in, but just in case I did anyways. All right, again, thanks to any who could make these vehicles, it'd be greatly appreciated if someone could, and I wish whomever chooses to take on the task luck as well! Thanks again! :smile:

Edited by 1supermiguel

I make my own skins for my vehicles. I'm kinda curious and intrigued by the idea of making some for you. I would love to do it. I have a some things to point out before you say yes or no to me.

1.) Im a novice at making skins.

2.) Im not sure of any deadline. i do not currently have a disk around. (left it at a persons home) This means i cannot test it in game till i get the disk back. I would like to have sent it to you after i test it in game.

3.) In order for me to make it you need to give me a link to car(s) you want that way my skins fit.

4.) If your going to be rude or a nag about it don't bother.

Thank you

Blessed Are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God - Matthew 5:9

I make my own skins for my vehicles. I'm kinda curious and intrigued by the idea of making some for you. I would love to do it. I have a some things to point out before you say yes or no to me.

1.) Im a novice at making skins.

2.) Im not sure of any deadline. i do not currently have a disk around. (left it at a persons home) This means i cannot test it in game till i get the disk back. I would like to have sent it to you after i test it in game.

3.) In order for me to make it you need to give me a link to car(s) you want that way my skins fit.

4.) If your going to be rude or a nag about it don't bother.

Thank you

Sure I'll give you a shot! You could use these vehicles as models, though you will probably need permission from the original owner to do so. You only need to use the charger and tahoe models, not the cvpi, unless you want to, as like an additional vehicle. Here is the link:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

EDIT: Oh and there is no deadline, take as much time as you need to finish the textures! Thanks for helping out!  :smile:

Edited by 1supermiguel

Sure I'll give you a shot! You could use these vehicles as models, though you will probably need permission from the original owner to do so. You only need to use the charger and tahoe models, not the cvpi, unless you want to, as like an additional vehicle. Here is the link:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

EDIT: Oh and there is no deadline, take as much time as you need to finish the textures! Thanks for helping out!  :smile:

Can do man. ill try my best and it may take a while.

Blessed Are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God - Matthew 5:9

I'll be home in about 30 minutes bud. What state is your town in and I'll have a look for some other pictures :)

I believe it's the state of New York by looking at the license plates.

I believe it's the state of New York by looking at the license plates.

Thanks bud, I was looking at the thread on my phone so the pictures where tiny lol

Thanks bud, I was looking at the thread on my phone so the pictures where tiny lol

No problems :smile: But it was kind of hard to see the license plate, the only way I saw what state it was, was because of the colors and paint-scheme :tongue:

Hmmm Can't seem to find any pictures with enough detail in :(

It is a problem indeed. Cause my town is small, there wont be many pictures of it. But yeah, the State is the State of New York, I mentioned it when I edited the original post above, guess you guys only viewed the video and pictures huh?  :tongue: But, how I described the cars above are how they look. Their design really is plain, what you saw in the pictures above really is it. There is nothing secret or special about the cars, they only say "Catskill Police" on the sides with the Catskill Police Badge in the center of it, along with on the sides of the car that vehicle's unit number and the American Flag, as viewable in the pictures above, and what you cant see, the back of the police car, all that is there is the default charger lights with the exception of the word "POLICE" being under the lights, this is the same for both the older charger (2010 one) and newer charger (2014). Both slicktop and non-slicktop. Which the difference between those two are just, well obviously, the slicktop has no light bar on the top of the vehicle but the non-slicktop version does. And as for the Police Tahoe my town rarely uses, from the instances I have seen it, it would appear to be the same basic plain style the chargers have, albeit with a different older looking light bar on the top of it, unlike the LED ones the new chargers have, but then again it has been around forever, so yeah that works. Those are the only three types of marked units my town uses, the 2010 dodge charger (both slicktop and non-slicktop editions), the 2014 dodge charger (also both slicktop and non-slicktop editions), and, not sure what year, but a chevy tahoe, non-slicktop edition. And as for the badge, which is literally the most detailed part about these cars, where the "Catskill Police" words are on the side of the vehicle, I would be fine if you just added any golden eagle top shield badge in the center there, so long as in the center of the badge, where the seal would go, it is that of the State of New York's, which is a part of my hometown's police vehicles. So, do you think you could do something with that? I explained it as much I can.  :confused:

It is a problem indeed. Cause my town is small, there wont be many pictures of it. But yeah, the State is the State of New York, I mentioned it when I edited the original post above, guess you guys only viewed the video and pictures huh?  :tongue: But, how I described the cars above are how they look. Their design really is plain, what you saw in the pictures above really is it. There is nothing secret or special about the cars, they only say "Catskill Police" on the sides with the Catskill Police Badge in the center of it, along with on the sides of the car that vehicle's unit number and the American Flag, as viewable in the pictures above, and what you cant see, the back of the police car, all that is there is the default charger lights with the exception of the word "POLICE" being under the lights, this is the same for both the older charger (2010 one) and newer charger (2014). Both slicktop and non-slicktop. Which the difference between those two are just, well obviously, the slicktop has no light bar on the top of the vehicle but the non-slicktop version does. And as for the Police Tahoe my town rarely uses, from the instances I have seen it, it would appear to be the same basic plain style the chargers have, albeit with a different older looking light bar on the top of it, unlike the LED ones the new chargers have, but then again it has been around forever, so yeah that works. Those are the only three types of marked units my town uses, the 2010 dodge charger (both slicktop and non-slicktop editions), the 2014 dodge charger (also both slicktop and non-slicktop editions), and, not sure what year, but a chevy tahoe, non-slicktop edition. And as for the badge, which is literally the most detailed part about these cars, where the "Catskill Police" words are on the side of the vehicle, I would be fine if you just added any golden eagle top shield badge in the center there, so long as in the center of the badge, where the seal would go, it is that of the State of New York's, which is a part of my hometown's police vehicles. So, do you think you could do something with that? I explained it as much I can.  :confused:

Nah, the reason he was wondering was because you haden't updated the post when he asked for the state (He was also at LCPDFR on his phone, so the pictures are tiny), so I felt like the good guy helping him :tongue:

Just a question, do you know if your local PD will continue to buy the Charger's or will they change vehicle after the Charger's change of look 2015? I actually kind of like them, black and white with a touch of simplicity. Almost thought it was Cali at first glance.

Nah, the reason he was wondering was because you haden't updated the post when he asked for the state (He was also at LCPDFR on his phone, so the pictures are tiny), so I felt like the good guy helping him :tongue:

Just a question, do you know if your local PD will continue to buy the Charger's or will they change vehicle after the Charger's change of look 2015? I actually kind of like them, black and white with a touch of simplicity. Almost thought it was Cali at first glance.

WOAAAAAAAAAAH! I just looked up the new 2015 dodge charger! That thing looks siiiiiiiiiiick! The dodge charger was already my dream vehicle, now it is a vehicle I MUST have!*O* But anywho, not sure if they will be purchasing the latest version of the charger, I do not have the Intel into my local police department, but if they do, that'd be sick! It'd make my ultimate goal of becoming an officer for my local police force all the much more epic! But if they do purchase the new models, the style, or livery if you will, will remain the same, no doubt about it. I doubt they plan on changing that anytime soon, especially since they've been using the same style/livery for YEARS, it is proven in how the oldest vehicle they have left, the Chevy Tahoe, is still the same exact livery of the chargers, both 2010 and 2013 editions, which also have the exact livery, both editions. So if they do upgrade to the 2015 edition, one thing I know for certain is that they will be continuing to use the same livery for it and for other future models to come as well, I am sure, or at least so long as their current chief remains in power. If they get a new chief, who knows what they may decide on for the style of the next version of the police vehicles, could be a whole new livery and even brand for all we know and many different kinds, eh, who knows, but as of currently I dont think the current chief, though he is old, is planning on retiring anytime soon, so I doubt there is anything to worry about there. However, model wise, though I do not know if they plan to upgrade or not, if whomever decides to make the vehicles decides they want to add the 2015 model as a special bonus vehicle, then they may rightly go ahead! Personally I hope my town upgrades, the new Dodge Chargers are looking freaking badass as heck!  :thumbsup:

WOAAAAAAAAAAH! I just looked up the new 2015 dodge charger! That thing looks siiiiiiiiiiick! The dodge charger was already my dream vehicle, now it is a vehicle I MUST have!*O* But anywho, not sure if they will be purchasing the latest version of the charger, I do not have the Intel into my local police department, but if they do, that'd be sick! It'd make my ultimate goal of becoming an officer for my local police force all the much more epic! But if they do purchase the new models, the style, or livery if you will, will remain the same, no doubt about it. I doubt they plan on changing that anytime soon, especially since they've been using the same style/livery for YEARS, it is proven in how the oldest vehicle they have left, the Chevy Tahoe, is still the same exact livery of the chargers, both 2010 and 2013 editions, which also have the exact livery, both editions. So if they do upgrade to the 2015 edition, one thing I know for certain is that they will be continuing to use the same livery for it and for other future models to come as well, I am sure, or at least so long as their current chief remains in power. If they get a new chief, who knows what they may decide on for the style of the next version of the police vehicles, could be a whole new livery and even brand for all we know and many different kinds, eh, who knows, but as of currently I dont think the current chief, though he is old, is planning on retiring anytime soon, so I doubt there is anything to worry about there. However, model wise, though I do not know if they plan to upgrade or not, if whomever decides to make the vehicles decides they want to add the 2015 model as a special bonus vehicle, then they may rightly go ahead! Personally I hope my town upgrades, the new Dodge Chargers are looking freaking badass as heck!  :thumbsup:

Say whaaaaat!? You actually like the 2015 look of the Charger? I personally hate it, just no... I loved the 2010 look, then the 2013-2014 look awesome, but now. I hate that look. They ruined a great Highway Patrol (State Police, State Trooper, State Highway patrol, State Patrol whatever you want to call it) vehicle in my opinion.

Say whaaaaat!? You actually like the 2015 look of the Charger? I personally hate it, just no... I loved the 2010 look, then the 2013-2014 look awesome, but now. I hate that look. They ruined a great Highway Patrol (State Police, State Trooper, State Highway patrol, State Patrol whatever you want to call it) vehicle in my opinion.

Eh in my opinion they made it look awesomer. I think they improved an already awesome-looking car. That is my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine, let us not bash each other, there will be those who agree with you, and those who agree with me. But, this topic is not to debate the newest look of the charger, a new forum topic can be created for that, no, let us not go off topic, let us stay on topic here, and the topic here is who can help make my dreams of one day driving in-game my vehicles from my home town a reality. So....do you think you could help me with that?  :wacko:

Edited by 1supermiguel

Hmmm... interesting.

Note the illegal forward-facing blue lights. Yet another town that just doesn't give a crap about the lighting rules in NYS. lol

Hmmm... interesting.

Note the illegal forward-facing blue lights. Yet another town that just doesn't give a crap about the lighting rules in NYS. lol

Eh f*** it. They are the police, they can do anything they want to. Whose gonna stop em? They've been using it for years and no one has seemed to ever really care. You are the first I've ever met whose ever actually cared about that thing lol. Literally. Nice! :tongue:

Edited by 1supermiguel

Well, not necessarily. The law is still the law. Technically they could be cited for it by the state, but you know that would probably never happen. 

There's actually a few departments around me that use forward blues too (I'm on Long Island). I always think it's such an interesting anomaly, it's nice to see R/B once in a while. Red and white is so boring IMO. lol

I do wonder why they decided to go R/B, you should ask em one day!

Well, not necessarily. The law is still the law. Technically they could be cited for it by the state, but you know that would probably never happen. 

There's actually a few departments around me that use forward blues too (I'm on Long Island). I always think it's such an interesting anomaly, it's nice to see R/B once in a while. Red and white is so boring IMO. lol

I do wonder why they decided to go R/B, you should ask em one day!

True, true. Actually I think all locations across NYS use red and blue lights though, except the city. I believe NYC is the only police department that uses Red and White, for all of their Emergency Service Vehicles. I am not quite sure why that is, it is like a law for the emergency services of the city that they must. I dont know, you should actually look into that, because I do believe it is just a law in the city that it HAS to be Red and White, not anywhere else. You should tell me what you find, I'd be interested in knowing! :smile: But like send me a PM about it, I believe we gotta keep this topic on-topic or like the mods/admins of the forums will come by and probably lock it or yell at us or something, and I dont want that, so bringing this topic back on-topic, hey, are you good at making police models/textures? Cause if so, you should help me out in this dream, of being able to use LCPDFR with the vehicles from my home town instead of the vehicles from somewhere else! :ohmy: Do you think you can do it?

1supermiguel so do you still need someone to do it becos I can help you out with it.

I have someone who offered to make liveries for it, but I'd prefer models, cause I dont really use liveries. They are still making it and I guess now is about a good a time as any to get into liveries for vehicles, but eh, models would be much easier for me to deal with and handle rather than liveries would. I've never used liveries before, and in all honesty, I really would prefer models rather than liveries, but eh, whatever works, right? Do you think you could help in making these models come alive? :ohmy:

I have someone who offered to make liveries for it, but I'd prefer models, cause I dont really use liveries. They are still making it and I guess now is about a good a time as any to get into liveries for vehicles, but eh, models would be much easier for me to deal with and handle rather than liveries would. I've never used liveries before, and in all honesty, I really would prefer models rather than liveries, but eh, whatever works, right? Do you think you could help in making these models come alive? :ohmy:

Well i mean. Hey i Don't Create models. Maybe you should still hunt for a creator for ya. I think you will like my liveries but if you don't wanna bother I wont either.

Well i mean. Hey i Don't Create models. Maybe you should still hunt for a creator for ya. I think you will like my liveries but if you don't wanna bother I wont either.

It is fine that you dont create models, and I would love to see the liveries you came up with. It is just I've never used liveries before, so now I must learn how to install them was the only issue. But that is fine. So, you created the liveries already huh? Well, cool! Sweet! I would love to see what you came up with! :biggrin:

It is fine that you dont create models, and I would love to see the liveries you came up with. It is just I've never used liveries before, so now I must learn how to install them was the only issue. But that is fine. So, you created the liveries already huh? Well, cool! Sweet! I would love to see what you came up with! :biggrin:

Im almost done but i really need a side complete side profile of the car for accuracy.

EDIT: Never mind i found a great one.

Edited by OSHPTROOPERSHORTY

Liveries are very simple too install, replace the current liveries in the textures file (.WTD) they are .PNG pictures and all you have to to is replace them, it's a lot more easier than getting a new model.

Im almost done but i really need a side complete side profile of the car for accuracy.

EDIT: Never mind i found a great one.

Fantastic! I cannot wait to see the finished livery! :biggrin:

Liveries are very simple too install, replace the current liveries in the textures file (.WTD) they are .PNG pictures and all you have to to is replace them, it's a lot more easier than getting a new model.

Hmm? Well, how do I replace the original .wtd file when all I am provided is a .PNG image file? In Spark IV there is no option to do that, to import your own images, so how would I go about doing that?