Hoffers

A save progress option

What if there was a save option, so you could like close your game come back press alt+p and then it comes up with a prompt, like, press F9 to continue from last gameplay, or F10 to begin new? I think that will be awesome, to save all the hassle of starting again, or, because Gta with mods is pretty buggy, it crashes alot so if you were like in the middle of a chase, when you return you can continue? 

P.S- I don't know how hard that would be to do, but I'd love to see that :thumbsup:  

I like to save after every patrol when I can, as I have Farnesworth Business Mod, so I need the days to pass by in-game in order to collect my weekly/monthly profits and buy more expensive businesses. Unfortunately, I have to complete my on-duty shift, then go all the way home to save.  Would be nice if there were an in-game save option other than the safe house.

Then again, not a big deal.  Although I usually get into some trouble on the way home and end up in a shootout with my cop buddies.

Good day,

DrDetroit

I like to save after every patrol when I can, as I have Farnesworth Business Mod, so I need the days to pass by in-game in order to collect my weekly/monthly profits and buy more expensive businesses. Unfortunately, I have to complete my on-duty shift, then go all the way home to save.  Would be nice if there were an in-game save option other than the safe house.

Then again, not a big deal.  Although I usually get into some trouble on the way home and end up in a shootout with my cop buddies.

Good day,

DrDetroit

This is why I don't have that mod ;C

Would be nice if there were an in-game save option other than the safe house.

Trainer has built-in save option to save anywhere (but you still have to be off-duty), but maybe I misunderstood what you want.

Trainer has built-in save option to save anywhere (but you still have to be off-duty), but maybe I misunderstood what you want.

That's exactly what I was asking about.  Although I don't really use the trainer right now, lags my system a bit at the moment.  I'll have to start using it when I pickup my gaming box later this week, at which time I'll be able to run SNT and one of the beautiful ENBs out there.

Again, thanks for the heads up Darth.  Another reason I'll have to start using the trainer.

DrDetroit

So, maybe this one will interest you : http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta4/mods/12039-save-anywhere.html

I didn't tried it btw.

It does work and it works well.  Thanks for the find Darth, much appreciated.

You can save at any time and any location and when you load the save game you start at the safe house.  No issues.

DrDetroit

On 6/2/2013 at 4:47 PM, NicolaiB said:

There's no real need for a save progress feature because there's no story/character progression in LCPDFR.

YES THERE IS. MY CAREER AS A LSPD POLICE OFFICER! 

Every time I launch the mod, I start with a pistol, shotgun and stick. I gather a lot of weapons by killing criminal scum only to lose them when I end my shift. I'd like to keep track of my arrests and kills too, since I'm using the ComputerPlus mod anyway. It's the little things like that that make it enjoyable for me. 

I'm not asking for a leveling function to progress from a traffic officer to the supreme commander of NOSE, just some way to save progress or at least the items gathered as an officer.

And no, I don't want to use cheats/trainers.