Yard1

Large Address Aware - a possible way to increase GTA IV stability

Thanks, could be helpful for a lot of people.

Although, in the forums, they say "Large Address Aware won't work on applications with security features that perform a checksum on the binary.".

Isn't the case of GTA IV with the Securom security ?

Ok thanks :)

I'll try this later, I don't have issues but I want to see if it reduces a bit the clipping and other little crappy things due to the bad work of Rockstar Toronto.

For me it increased stability and get rid of texture loss and some FPS drops, but it didn't give me more FPS.

The results well surely differ on each PC, though.

I'll have to give it a whirl later then. I get texture loss oddly frequently, not a whole lot, but enough to get on my nerves. I know why I get them, but if this may help cut down on that, I'll be a happy camper!

It works amazingly for me. Spots where I used to get an FPS drop don't really have effect anymore and the game does, as you mentioned, run smoother. Thanks!

Well, I don't see changes, but it's normal I guess, I didn't have big issues.

+1 for the topic, because it seems to help a lot of people. Thanks pony buddy.

EFLC already seems to have this flag set. Maybe that's why people have found it to be more stable?

My GTA IV worked great performance wise for quite a while.   Then i added game4video and els 7 and started getting 30%-40% FPS drops and that introduced 25% more crashing.

I didnt expect anything from this but it worked amazingly for me.    I am pleasantly surprised..   It is more of a 20% fps drop but manageable and it doesnt break the  gameplay immersion as much.   And i do not get early game crashes at all anymore(knock on wood).  I only have seen crashes now when i play for a long stretch of time and have like 10 ELS cars on my screen for a while. 

I would REP+ you up twice but i dont think i can do that.   :D

Cheers,

KyneiZero

My Current Specs if anyone is curious  [  Intel Core i5 3570 / GTX 660 / 8GB Ram / Win 7  *1680x1050*Res  ]

Thanks for the heads up and link.  Seems to smooth out the bumps a bit.

Does it need to be applied prior to every game play or just the one time?

Good day,

DrDetroit

EFLC already seems to have this flag set. Maybe that's why people have found it to be more stable?

Agreed.

I haven't used this program, but EFLC is generally more stable than IV for me

Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 

GPU: MSI ARMOR GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Ram: 16GB Skylake

I'll give this a shot with my current GTA IV install. If that doesn't help my texture problems, I'll give it a shot with EFLC. Good find.

Edited by unr3al

I think EFLC has this flag set already, in a vanilla install. Certainly on Steam, it does: I ran this program, loaded EFLC.exe, and the flag was ticked; I unticked and reticked it, hit "save", and the checksum of the resulting file was the same as the checksum of the original.