Sam

The road ahead: 2013 and beyond (LCPDFR, ELS.Net and more)

There was a series of videos that were basically saying "Here it is, I have it you don't." He not only made a preview of it, he made a series of more than 40-50 videos of it. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/NBVideoGameVids

Honestly it really does not matter any longer in my opinion. I wish you guys the best of luck in the coming months with your V1. 

Edited by avsg1rl

There was a series of videos that were basically saying "Here it is, I have it you don't." I am not only going to preview it for you, I am going to make a series more than 40-50 videos of it. 

NB was just running the version of LCPDFR he has...If you actually watch the videos, there are not any new features shown. It's just .95 RC2 on steroids. Just wait until the preview tomorrow as stated on top of the website and you'll probably see just how RC3 was never worth releasing. Also, pretty much from when .95 was released, the plan was always for the next release to be a final version (1.0), which has not been ready. Pretty much the whole script has been modified or rewritten or whatever else - all by two people (http://devblog.lcpdfr.com/).

Now obviously, I'm not a member of G17 and don't actually know any facts about what has been going on, but I do pay attention.

Edited by willpv23

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

Perception is an evil monster. When you boast that you have the latest of a mod and you make a video series of it, it implies that you are representing all of G17 and LCPDFR. If that was not the case, G17 should have stopped the videos from being posted.

The truth is simply that we were never happy with RC3.  It didn't do the stuff that we wanted it to do.  I think pretty much the number 1 feature request for LCPDFR has always been more callouts.  With RC3, the way callouts were done was a mess - they were all in their own little scripts with very little central management.  Essentially, if we wanted to add a new one, we had to write it from scratch and it was really frustrating and time consuming.  Callouts are actually one of the most boring and tedious things to script, you have no idea how hard it is to get the AI to go here, do this, go there, do that, and then go somewhere else and do something else.  They start walking into walls, they get stuck in doors, they don't play the animations, etc.  The other problem is dialogue and animation sequences.  We have to set everything up very precisely, scour through all the lines of speech in the speech files and see what we can do with them.  If I wanted to make a domestic callout where you have two people in an interior who are fighting - It'd be really nice to sync animations so that they actually look like they're fighting instead of boxing each other.  Of course, this is painfully difficult due to the problems I stated above.

So the key things with RC3 were that, one, we were never happy with it.  Two, it was built on really bad foundations (I mean there was still code from 4 years ago in there, written in an entirely different language), and three, there was very little content in it.  In fact, I can't even remember what RC3 had other than updated chase logic and a few new callouts.

Also, I don't even remember us ever showing off RC3 - as far as I remember we went pretty silent about it, and with good reason!

good to hear you are atleast trying to get more callouts in the game and improving the quality of 1.0...cant wait

There was a series of videos that were basically saying "Here it is, I have it you don't." He not only made a preview of it, he made a series of more than 40-50 videos of it. 

Honestly it really does not matter any longer in my opinion. I wish you guys the best of luck in the coming months with your V1. 

I honestly don't get why people are worried about RC3, it's nothing RC2 isn't, there's no major changes to it, sure the call-out text is nice and shiny, but that's about it to be honest, maybe a couple of bugfixes here and there, but honestly it's not any different, same callouts, same behaviour from the AI, there's nothing that really sets it apart from RC2.

Additionally, I was added as tester back a couple of years ago to do exactly that, show off the work that the developers did, the alternative would have been that nothing was ever shown of 0.95 and I think people would be complaining even more if it wasn't shown off.

In fact, development of 0.95 stopped a while ago, that's why I haven't had any features to show off in a long while, that series is just a generic LCPDFR comedy-play than it is actually showing off 0.95's "new" features because quite frankly, there isn't much to show in RC3.

I honestly don't get why people are worried about RC3, it's nothing RC2 isn't, there's no major changes to it, sure the call-out text is nice and shiny, but that's about it to be honest, maybe a couple of bugfixes here and there, but honestly it's not any different, same callouts, same behaviour from the AI, there's nothing that really sets it apart from RC2.

Additionally, I was added as tester back a couple of years ago to do exactly that, show off the work that the developers did, the alternative would have been that nothing was ever shown of 0.95 and I think people would be complaining even more if it wasn't shown off.

In fact, development of 0.95 stopped a while ago, that's why I haven't had any features to show off in a long while, that series is just a generic LCPDFR comedy-play than it is actually showing off 0.95's "new" features because quite frankly, there isn't much to show in RC3.

This. Seriously everyone stop being so upset about RC3  :thumbsup:

And instead we should focus all our energy on 1.0 then? Righto.

indeed, good plan.

I make scripted mods, sound mods, and other mods for GTA4. To Check Them Out, Go Here. Want to be apart of the most complex and realistic roleplay community for GTA4 & EFLC? Checkout [u]Bay Side Virtual_[color=#ff0000]Emergency Services[/color][/u]. Checkout GTA4: EFLC LCPDFR Videos here:

[img]http://its.uncg.edu/iSpartan/YouTube/images/youtube_logo_small.jpg[/img]

Topic Un-Pinned

This topic has been un-pinned by LCPDFR.com staff.

If you feel that this topic has been un-pinned in error, please report this post.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."