Sam

The road ahead: 2013 and beyond (LCPDFR, ELS.Net and more)

you have a crystal ball? no one knows if gta v will even be able to have mods and a release for pc yet

No, no crystal ball just hopes...I'm just really enjoying playing GTA IV as a cop with all the nuances.

I hate to be pushy, but is there an ETA on when we might be seeing this?

If you would bother looking at every other time someone asked a similar question, you would find the answer has always been "when it's done". Personally, I'd rather see them take time on it since it is a complete rewrite. .90e was rushed due to people demanding a release, and it had cops jumping out of their cars while in pursuit after 75 feet. I don't want to see that again.

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

If you would bother looking at every other time someone asked a similar question, you would find the answer has always been "when it's done". Personally, I'd rather see them take time on it since it is a complete rewrite. .90e was rushed due to people demanding a release, and it had cops jumping out of their cars while in pursuit after 75 feet. I don't want to see that again.

That was in no way meant to be offensive and I apologize if it came off as such. As the original post was over two months ago I was merely curious to see if they had made enough progress to give a rough estimate. I too am a huge believer in putting in extra time/work to get the job done right and would be more than happy to wait an extra amount of time to get a better finished product.

That was in no way meant to be offensive and I apologize if it came off as such. As the original post was over two months ago I was merely curious to see if they had made enough progress to give a rough estimate. I too am a huge believer in putting in extra time/work to get the job done right and would be more than happy to wait an extra amount of time to get a better finished product.

Sorry that my post came off a bit harsh, but most of the members get tired of seeing one or two posts a day asking about a release date.

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

Well i can't wait to see this. My brother is a Police officer in Western Australia and he plays this mod. so I'm waiting to see what he makes of the new stuff.

hi im new and im wondering if lcpdfr will be available for gta 5 when it comes out. I tried getting gta 4 but it said it wasn't compatible with windows 8.

hi im new and im wondering if lcpdfr will be available for gta 5 when it comes out. I tried getting gta 4 but it said it wasn't compatible with windows 8.

Yes, no, maybe so..

Nobody will know until the game is released.

Its to early to tell. Multiple people use GTA IV on W8....

Just to add on NickieB's post, GTAIV is compatible with Windows 8 (I use it).. Just update Games for Windows LIVE.

MODERATOR NOTICE

Please refrain from posting off-topic comments in the future.  The main post is about the status of the site, ELS dot net, and LCPDFR for IV.

@NickieB, BradenC:

Please use the report button next time instead of replying to an off-topic post, it helps to keep things cleaner.

Thanks,

Iconography.

MODERATOR NOTICE

Please refrain from posting off-topic comments in the future.  The main post is about the status of the site, ELS dot net, and LCPDFR for IV.

@NickieB, BradenC:

Please use the report button next time instead of replying to an off-topic post, it helps to keep things cleaner.

Thanks,

Iconography.

sorry I just didn't know where to post it

I have to say thanks to the team and all they have done for LCPDFR over the years but it has come to a close for me. I don't think I will ever understand the reasoning behind showing us RC3 for so long just to say "we have at and you don't." Regardless GTA V will be coming out and I will be moving on. "Liberty City It's Over" has never rung so true to me before! I understand the development process and how long it takes and that is why I have never come on this forum to beg or ask for a release date. Good luck to you all that still will continue to play IV but I have seen more than enough of IV and am ready for the great state of San Andreas!

Take Care!

Jeff
Code Zero Gaming

Edited by JFavignano

I have to say thanks to the team and all they have done for LCPDFR over the years but it has come to a close for me. I don't think I will ever understand the reasoning behind showing us RC3 for so long just to say "we have at and you don't." Regardless GTA V will be coming out and I will be moving on. "Liberty City It's Over" has never rung so true to me before! I understand the development process and how long it takes and that is why I have never come on this forum to beg or ask for a release date. Good luck to you all that still will continue to play IV but I have seen more than enough of IV and am ready for the great state of San Andreas!

Take Care!

Jeff

Code Zero Gaming

The truth is simply that we were never happy with RC3.  It didn't do the stuff that we wanted it to do.  I think pretty much the number 1 feature request for LCPDFR has always been more callouts.  With RC3, the way callouts were done was a mess - they were all in their own little scripts with very little central management.  Essentially, if we wanted to add a new one, we had to write it from scratch and it was really frustrating and time consuming.  Callouts are actually one of the most boring and tedious things to script, you have no idea how hard it is to get the AI to go here, do this, go there, do that, and then go somewhere else and do something else.  They start walking into walls, they get stuck in doors, they don't play the animations, etc.  The other problem is dialogue and animation sequences.  We have to set everything up very precisely, scour through all the lines of speech in the speech files and see what we can do with them.  If I wanted to make a domestic callout where you have two people in an interior who are fighting - It'd be really nice to sync animations so that they actually look like they're fighting instead of boxing each other.  Of course, this is painfully difficult due to the problems I stated above.

So the key things with RC3 were that, one, we were never happy with it.  Two, it was built on really bad foundations (I mean there was still code from 4 years ago in there, written in an entirely different language), and three, there was very little content in it.  In fact, I can't even remember what RC3 had other than updated chase logic and a few new callouts.

Also, I don't even remember us ever showing off RC3 - as far as I remember we went pretty silent about it, and with good reason!

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

ready for the great state of San Andreas!

its actually state of Los Santos and Blaine County

based on its real world counter part   L.A.   and southern CaL   as stated on rockstar's website

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

based on its real world counter part   L.A.   and southern CaL   as stated on rockstar's website

Los Santos and Blaine County are not states...LS is a city and BC is a county. They are in the state of San Andreas. If you look at the license plates on the cars in the screenshots and videos, it says "San Andreas" on them.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."