Break

[How-To] Listen to NYPD radio in game.

Since many people hate the fact that there is no police-scanner action in game, I'm gonna teach you how to have soem sweet radio talk in the background, when you're on patrol.

We will listen to the NYPD radio over internet, this is legal.

Now, GTA IV doesn't accept M3U files anymore, so we will have to have a program running in the background. Use what-ever program you'd like to use, for example Windows Media Player or iTunes. For this tutorial though, and for my own game, I'm going to use VLC. You can get it from here.

First Step:

Download VLC or any media player of your choice. I'm going with VLC, from here.

Second Step:

Open your media player, in this case VLC and go to "Media > Open Networkstream..." (or similar on other media players)

What you want to do now is enter the following address into the field...

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/931287466

...and hit Play.

Now you will have a police scanner running in vlc. If you don't hear anything, don't worry, they don't always talk; just wait a bit.

Third Step:

Open GTA IV and play. You might wanna adjust the volume of your media player so it isn't too loud ingame.

Have fun!

This is awesome this will make videos and playing so much more realistic ... Great Find.

This is awesome this will make videos and playing so much more realistic ... Great Find.

No need to quote the whole post...

You can download 5-0 scanner on iphone and get police radios for all states in america and also other countrys, its free aswell.

For those who dint no.

In Chrome, you can just go to the site and get the same effect.

EDIT: You can go to RadioReference.com, Live Audio, and you can select feeds from many different PDs (or even FDs and other safety agencies)

Edited by cp702

I don't know if this is something really obvious to other people playing .91 but if you switch to Independence radio while on duty you get a police scanner.

That didn't work for me, so I did a bit of searching and discovered this - http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=14037 Can simply open this in winamp, its the NYPD live feed :P

This is nice! Thank you! But I figured one thing...Don't turn it up all the way! :yes:

The funniest thing to me is when people put their mods on LCPDFR, leave and take the mods with them, and then open up a Patreon whilst expecting $500 donations.

That's the best way to get your mods reuploaded elsewhere, anyway.

Radioreference.com is a good place to find police scanners all over the world.One thing i like to do with scanners is use Riot Mod and have the 1997 North Hollywood bank shoot out police scanner feed playing in the back round.makes it real intence, you can find it on youtube.

CopFlashingLights.gif 

Dell XPS 8300   OS: Win 10 64 bit

Intel Core i7 -2600 3.70GHz   10GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 1050 GTX

Man im' french and i don't even understand what they says on the radio...but i like it like it you're the man you rock thank's a lot now it's time for me to go on duty around liberty city ;D