Sign in to follow this  
8lackTig3rCro

NEW TYPE OF NON ELS POLICE VEHICLES

Has one of you guys thought about releasing one of those mods? The idea of something like that as a replacement for ELS-H is pretty nice! I'm very interested in trying those out for myself! ;)

What if you put all of it in a *single* extra? It wouldn't be perfect (your car would be repaired when you turn the lights on or off), but it would be better than ELS, because it wouldn't rapidly add and remove extras.

Not possible.There can be only one mesh which must be centered with its parent, i.e. the dummy. The dummy is for flashing purposes whereas the L0 mesh is treated as a rotator. Anywhere far from the dummy center and it'll make your game crash instantly upon loading. Try and see for yourself.

Also, this idea is pretty much just a premature stage of a possible prospective revolution in GTA4's lighting system history. However, it would work only for Halogen lightbars, leaving LED fans disappointed. Plus, there are only 3 vehicles (AFAIK) which support rotating facility withing the lightbars- Police, Police2 and NStockade. Furthermore, the FBI's coronas are way too small and just support upto 4 emergency lights. Even if this project evolves into something, it'll snatch the availability from the modders to make a christmas tree out of a vehicle, which will help losing "christmas tree" audience after LED ones. The developers would need a scripter for this. However, I'm pretty confident this Non-ELS limitation issue is hardcoded in IV's RAGE engine.

On a side note, congratulations to 8lacktig3rcro for this idea. Cheers to Kevin.