Brexin212

[WIP] Agency Dispatch and Callouts+

Logo.png

Description:

Today I am showcasing a mod that I have been working on over the last month or so. The idea of this mod is realism and role play.  Real police officers these days are able to dispatch themselves to routine calls as they see fit, and have a lot of liberty on how productive they chose to be that day (at least in my home state). I wanted to enhance the realism in my game by creating a mod that takes LSPDFR to the next level in terms of realism. Something that bugs me about the vanilla callout system, is that callout locations do not consider jurisdiction limits of the department you are "working for" in game. In this mod, every callout spawned from the new dispatch system will be within your departments jurisdiction (as defined in the "LSPDFR/data/regions.xml" and "LSPDFR/data/backup.xml").  Same applies for callout types (Highway patrol will not be dispatched to a domestic violence or homicide case for example).

Another feature that I am working on is implementing an AI system. LSPDFR has gotten a lot better with recent updates by adding more ambient police events (such as the pullover event). I wanted to take this to the next level as well. There is a new AI simulation mode (can be disabled) where Dispatch will spawn a number of persistent  patrol cars that will run calls just like you. In an upcoming Computer+ update, you will be able to view all the active calls, and their status. You will even be able to open up your map and see their location and status (just like in real life).

I will continuously update this post as progress continues. Please let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions or requests!

Planned Features:

• New Dispatch script that runs along side of LSPDFR's callout manager: WIP
    • Simulates a real call center with multiple calls coming in every hour (depending on crime levels): Complete
    • Calls will be dispatched to locations within the departments jurisdiction always, just like in real life: Complete
    • AI Simulation Mode (If Enabled, will be a slight performance drop):
      • Dispatch will spawn persistent police vehicles into the world, and dispatch them to calls in the Call Queue: Complete
      • Number of AI police units spawned depends on number of zones in jurisdiction and overall crime level in those zones: Complete
      • See AI patrol cars on the map, as well as their current status (available, dispatched, on scene etc etc)(Screenhot: https://prnt.sc/qpconw) : Complete
      • AI simulated calls can be seen in progress by the player if within viewing distance of the call location: WIP
      • Simulated calls have a chance to go south and turn violent, requiring emergency back up: WIP
  • Computer Aided Dispatch System (CAD): WIP
    • Integration with Computer+ allowing the player to view the Call queue and dispatch themselves to calls, just like in real life: WIP
  • 20 high quality callouts with multiple scenarios for each one: WIP
    • Over 1000+ hand picked locations across the map for callouts to use, each with multiple spawn points for different entity types (peds, vehicles): WIP
    • With so many locations and multiple scenarios for each callout, no call will ever be like the last: WIP
    • Agency type specific callouts (Highway patrol will not be dispatched to a domestic violence or homicide case for example): Complete
    • Callouts are customizable via XML config files (departments, probabilities etc etc): Complete/WIP
    • Callout probability changes between morning, afternoon and night time game hours: Not Started
    • Support for custom vehicles: Complete/WIP
  • Customizable crime levels for each zone: Complete
  • Customizable staffing levels for departments:
    • Lower staffed departments will be busier running calls versus higher staffed departments: Complete
  • Support for custom police departments and jurisdictions: Complete
  • Support for custom police vehicles (addon) : Complete
  • Public API that other Callout Mods can use to add their callouts to Dispatch: WIP
  • Randomness: This mod thrives on providing a unique experience each time it is used. Every callout, location, vehicle and dialog sequence will be randomized to keep things as fresh as possible for the player, so you never get bored: Complete

Required Mods:

• TrafficPolicer by Albo

Mods recommended for optimal use:

• Jurisdictions+
  • UltimateBackup
  • StopThePed
  • Computer+
  • Integration+

Source Code: https://github.com/wilson212/AgencyCalloutsPlus

Edited by Brexin212
Fixed typo

Small Update. Here is a screenshot of the call list in the Computer Aided Dispatch system. From this list, the player can double click a call view more information about it, and dispatch themselves if they want to take the call (still a work in progress). This only applies to lower priority calls, as the Dispatch feature will automatically dispatch the closest officers to higher priority calls (this may or may not be the player).

Screenshot:

Screenshot_20.jpg

Edited by Brexin212
Updated description

17 hours ago, SuperPyroManiac said:

This sounds awesome, can't wait to see!

Thanks man!

Another update: Worked on self dispatching today. If a call is dispatched to an AI unit, the player can intercept and take over the call out as long as the AI officer has not made it on scene yet. If the AI officer is on scene, the player can still dispatch to the call, but will only be able to provide back up and not actually run the call out.

Screenshot_16.jpg

Edited by Brexin212

So you plan to have AI on scenes for callouts where you show up as a secondary? That's pretty awesome. Maybe i'll be able make some new callouts that can hook into your plugin if it has an API of a sort.

SuperPyroManiac

4 hours ago, SuperPyroManiac said:

So you plan to have AI on scenes for callouts where you show up as a secondary? That's pretty awesome. Maybe i'll be able make some new callouts that can hook into your plugin if it has an API of a sort.

Exactly, yep. The AI will run calls (callouts) in the background (requires the callout class to have special method). The actual scene is not rendered unless the player comes into viewing site of the callout location however, to save CPU for other things that matter more. Of course, this feature is only enabled if "EnableFullSimulation" is also true in the .ini file. If false however, then callouts are only simulated in memory using random timers, so showing up on scene will not yield a scene, thus minimizing CPU impact of the mod.

There is an API, yep! I don't want to get into the technical details yet, because things can change... But other callout packs will easily be able to add their callouts into Dispatch. Their is also methods where other mods can get Agency information (zones in jurisdiction, crime levels etc etc), Zone information, as well as able to pull locations easily by type (SideOfRoad, Home, Store etc etc). An example of how an external Callout pack would use the API:

using AgencyCalloutsPlus.API;

Agency agency = Agency.GetCurrentPlayerAgency(); // Also can use Dispatch.PlayerAgency property
SpawnPoint location = agency.GetRandomSideOfRoadLocation();

Vector3 inJurisdictionSpawnPoint = location.Position;

Edited by Brexin212

Yep, not too bad. However, this is only using the API to get information that can be used. In order to add your callout into Dispatch, its alittle more complicated and changes the Callout sequence slightly. If you would like, you can see my example here: https://github.com/wilson212/AgencyCalloutsPlus/blob/master/AgencyCalloutsPlus/Callouts/TrafficAccident.cs#L42 .

When the player accepts your callout off of the call list (self dispatch), The callout must request information from Dispatch so that the location and descriptions all line up together. You can see that on line 45 there. The PriorityCall class contains all the information that is shown on the Computer+ Call Details screen such as location, scanner text, description etc etc

Edited by Brexin212
Typo

This sounds really awesome and amazing. By adding more realism to LSPDFR patrols to dispatch our own callouts and the added bonus of having AI officers or deputies go to callouts sounds awesome. 🙂 I am excited to see the progress of this project. 

JBuzz826

This sounds and looks to be a great add for the game however there is a couple things that I would like to see maybe changeable 1) would be to be able to enable in INI the jurisdictions as where I'm from the HP or state troopers run all calls they aren't strictly just highway, the monitor ll county and city radio traffic wherever they happen to be assigned and pick and choose what calls to handle. 2)if you could make the computer plus screen available like police smart radio able to pull it up over in the corner while driving so that you could see calls active and available in real time per say as if you were glancing to your right looking at your MDT. I think what your doing has been needed for a long time and I have had this same thought for awhile even thought of pitching the idea to Bejoljo that maybe he would integrate it into Compulite but here you have it. Looks great so far and I cant wait to see it in action

5 hours ago, chadc78 said:

This sounds and looks to be a great add for the game however there is a couple things that I would like to see maybe changeable 1) would be to be able to enable in INI the jurisdictions as where I'm from the HP or state troopers run all calls they aren't strictly just highway, the monitor ll county and city radio traffic wherever they happen to be assigned and pick and choose what calls to handle. 2)if you could make the computer plus screen available like police smart radio able to pull it up over in the corner while driving so that you could see calls active and available in real time per say as if you were glancing to your right looking at your MDT. I think what your doing has been needed for a long time and I have had this same thought for awhile even thought of pitching the idea to Bejoljo that maybe he would integrate it into Compulite but here you have it. Looks great so far and I cant wait to see it in action

Hey thanks for your feedback! I can do you one better on your first request 😉. What I am planning to do for Highway Patrol is having a Rage Menu selector in game where you can choose your patrol area. This way it can be changed in game, on the fly whenever you would like (see screenshot below). As for your second request, I have thought about some options for a PDA like screen that can be displayed and moved on screen, however you can already do something similar with Computer+. All you need to do currently is toggle the background and toggle the pause. It would be awesome to get this integrated into CompuLite, I agree with you there 😄

Screenshot_3.jpg

4 hours ago, Brexin212 said:

Hey thanks for your feedback! I can do you one better on your first request 😉. What I am planning to do for Highway Patrol is having a Rage Menu selector in game where you can choose your patrol area. This way it can be changed in game, on the fly whenever you would like (see screenshot below). As for your second request, I have thought about some options for a PDA like screen that can be displayed and moved on screen, however you can already do something similar with Computer+. All you need to do currently is toggle the background and toggle the pause. It would be awesome to get this integrated into CompuLite, I agree with you there 😄

Screenshot_3.jpg

This is looking great so far, as far as Computer+ you can toggle background and pause but only while stationary. Will this be a stand alone or will you be updating Computer+ to work with current versions of GTA and LSPDFR? And again everything I see so far is looking great and I think this is a much needed and long overdue add to the game

I have made some updates to Computer+ on my computer. I asked the author @PieRGud a few weeks ago if I could be apart of the dev team and push official updates, but have not gotten a reply. As of right now, my mod does not require Computer+, but rather uses the Computer+ API to add the CAD interfaces for self dispatch etc etc. If you chose to not use Computer+, then this mod will work just fine, but you will not have the self dispatching options (You can however request a call). I will do some research into possible getting a custom GUI in game like they use on FiveM servers (example DOJ).