Tired of peds just vanishing after they're dead? Or how about vehicles after your suspect has fled? Scene managing itself before the corner and tow truck arrives? Delete your can of R-P-Gone with LSPD5! Boasting internal memory management, SMART Persistence, and an API to boot, this is the only persistence mod you'll ever need, for all your policing needs!
Q: Where'd all the traffic and people go?
A: I don't know! Please report back so I can find out for you.
Q: Why are there sometimes abandoned cars in the middle of the road?
A: Usually this means a crime was committed and the Ped should be nearby.
Q: Why does it say something about "Improperly licensed" and "disabled"?
A: You're using an out of date version with the old licensing features. Update your LSPD5!
Q: Is the plugin disabled if I don't read the info file?
A: Nope! Not as of v0.2a.
- Peds (shouldn't) walk off after being revived (BETA)
- SMART vehicle and ped persistence, with NO performance drop!
- API to prevent mod collisions
- GTA V sometimes spawns vehicles before it spawns drivers for them. This can cause LSPD5 to unnecessarily persist vehicles when left idle for long periods (hours).
- Crash in certain game environments
- Incompatible with StopThePed. Fix coming soon!
- API Errors/unresponsiveness
- Crashes while LSPD5 is loaded
- Reductions in natural foot and vehicle traffic
- Entities not persisting as long you'd expect
- Entities not persisting at all
- The API is largely untested. This is through my own laziness, but on paper, it works!
- There are no known incompatibilities with LSPD5, BUT there are likely many due to all mods handling persistence differently. Check your code, and report back!
- The Smart Persistence feature can be overreaching, and thus includes built-in entity (resource) management. Having only myself to test it, there may be a need to add limits, or more rules to qualify for ongoing persistence in order to prevent reductions in natural traffic presence.
- LSPD5 does not delete any entities. Ever. It also can recover from unexpected entity deletions.
- There is no configuration to be had, however, if there is demand, I will supply.
- When using population density altering mods, LSPD5 can change your gameplay unpredictably. That's not to say you're out of luck... You aren't! Report back for support, and I will make an attempt to cater to such mods.
What's New in Version v0.3a
[FEATURE] Removed licensing
[BUGFIX] Fixed improper tick delays
[BUGFIX] Fixed potential crash
[BUGFIX] Fixed all the cars being persistent
[BUGFIX] Added proper support URL
[BUGFIX] Removed infinite persistence
[BUGFIX] API not properly ignoring vehicles
[BUGFIX] Disabled vehicle persistence from single-time paintscrapes
[FEATURE] Increased ped persistence time from 3 minutes to 20 minutes
[FEATURE] Added more API indicators
[FEATURE] Added better API documentation
[FEATURE] No EMS criminal walkaway (BETA! Still tampering with animations in development)
[FEATURE] Altered licensing to be passive instead of aggressive
[PERFORMANCE] Eliminated network usage
[PERFORMANCE] Massively improved code quality
[STABILITY] Increased mod reliability
[STABILITY] Decreased memory usage
[NOTE] Minimum persistent vehicle time is 3 minutes to prevent 'chaos stacking' (chaining vehicles beyond internal cap)