About This File
Enjoy this mod and want to support its development? Please consider donating using the button on the side bar
READ THIS IF YOUR GAME IS CRASHING BEFORE ASKING FOR SUPPORT, MOST COMMON CRASHES FIX:
Game is crashing when you approach a car on a traffic stop
More than likely you do not have SearchWarrant installed correctly, or you have an error in your general.xml for SearchWarrant (keep in mind SearchWarrant is not required for this plugin, you may also use PoliceSearch or neither of them).
- The most common cause of this crash is installing SearchWarrant but not DarkAPI which is required.
- Get the latest DarkAPI here: https://www.ausgamer.net/files/file/24-darkapi/
- Install it to your main GTA V directory
If this did not work, then the second most likely cause is an error in general.xml for SearchWarrant
- Go to GTAV\Plugins\LSPDFR\SearchWarrant and right-click "general.xml" and then click "Edit"
- Hit Ctrl + F and enter "&" into the search field, then click find
- If you find a "&", then simply replace it with the word "and"
- Save the file, and the issue should now be fixed
- More than likely you do not have SearchWarrant installed correctly, or you have an error in your general.xml for SearchWarrant (keep in mind SearchWarrant is not required for this plugin, you may also use PoliceSearch or neither of them).
Keep in mind 2.0.0b is a beta release and may contain bugs I am not aware of. If you find any bugs, please report them to me in the comments section with the relevant information
Sometimes arrested peds will leave the backseat of your vehicle and try to drive away. No known fix but to grab them and put them back in the vehicle. Probably a plugin interaction.
- This is possibly fixed in versions 2.0.0 onward. Need more people to confirm.
Be sure to change the .ini file to your liking
Thank you to Yo Adrian and FirstThirtyMinutes for making these videos!
This wall of text and pictures do not do this plugin justice; I definitely recommend giving it a try!
- Traffic Policer
- (Optional) Darkmyre's Search Warrant or PoliceSearch
Get observations for any ped
- Automatic traffic stop observations for all occupants
- Gets status of ped including mood, behavior, and signs of intoxication
- Get observations for any ped
[NEW] Lite Menu Based Computer System
- Run record checks, issue citations, summons, and create arrest reports with the new computer system
- Fully integrated with the rest of this plugin
Customizable XML files for charges and citations
IMPORTANT! Do not edit/add any new main root entries (eg direct descendants of the "Main" root). They will not be recognized by my plugin
- You can only add/edit entries under these roots with the "Charge" name
- IMPORTANT! Do not edit/add any new main root entries (eg direct descendants of the "Main" root). They will not be recognized by my plugin
Traffic Stop Questions
[NEW] Traffic stop questioning menu, replaces default LSPDFR+ one
- To use, approach a car on a traffic stop and press the interaction key (default "Y") to open the menu
Ask the driver for their license and proof of insurance
- If the driver has no license, a suspended license, or warrants, there is a chance they will refuse to identify themselves to you, which is arrestable.
- Ask for passenger's identification
- Tell the driver the reason for pulling them over (27 default reasons so far, just comment any more ideas you have and I will try to add them)
Ask general questions:
- "Where are you headed?"
- "Where are you coming from?"
- "Is the address on your license current?"
- "Do you own this vehicle?"
- "How do you know the passenger(s)?"
Ask questions related to crime:
- "Have you been drinking recently?"
- "Have you you used any drugs recently?
- "Is there anything illegal in the car?"
- "Can I search your vehicle?"
- Most question's answers will depend on the ped's mood/intoxication level
- 210+ lines of mostly unique dialog
- Any more ideas for questioning should be added in the comments!
- Ask the driver for their license and proof of insurance
- [NEW] Issue warnings, citations, and summons with the new computer system
- [NEW] Can now order occupants out of the vehicle
- [NEW] Traffic stop questioning menu, replaces default LSPDFR+ one
Field Sobriety Tests
Currently has two tests, tried to be as realistic as I possibly could to real life tests:
- IMPORTANT! Make sure you select an area where the ped has enough room to walk and turn; I would say at least 3 feet on either side empty. Otherwise if in object is in the path the ped is walking, they may take a strange route.
- Learn more about the real life test: http://www.fieldsobrietytests.net/walkandturnfieldsobrietytest.html
Horizontal gaze test
- Learn more about the real life test: http://www.fieldsobrietytests.net/horizontalgazenystagmusfieldsobrietytest.html
- Walk-and-Turn test
- Fully animated
- Currently has two tests, tried to be as realistic as I possibly could to real life tests:
- Store any evidence you find in any police vehicle
- View stored evidence
- Drop off stored evidence at any police station, marked by a "stash" icon on the map (pot leaf blip next to police stations)
Field Narcotics Test Kits
Narcotics stored in your evidence can be tested using reagent test kits in your trunk
- Positive tests are automatically stored in evidence
Automatically recognizes when you store drugs in evidence and makes them available for testing
- Drugs are not always what they seem, e.g. sometimes what you think is meth will turn out to be PCP or cocaine
If you use one of the custom XML files, these phrases are currently recognized by evidence storage as able to be tested:
- "white powder"
- "tan" or "brown powder"
- "blotter paper"
- "crystal" or "crystals"
- "unmarked pills"
5 different tests, based on real life counterparts (all information based on products from: http://www.sirchie.com/forensics/narcotics-investigation/pouches.html)
- Marquis Reagent (meth, heroin, morphine, MDMA)
- Scott Reagent (cocaine/crack)
- Fentanyl Reagent (Fentanyl)
- Phencyclidine Reagent (PCP)
- Ehrlich's Reagent (LSD)
- Custom narcotics.xml for DarkMyre's Search Warrant and PoliceSearch adds more options for unidentified drugs such as: "white powder", "suspicious crystals", etc
- Narcotics stored in your evidence can be tested using reagent test kits in your trunk
Automatic Pursuit Updates
- When in a pursuit, will automatically give information on the speed and direction that the suspect vehicle is heading.
- Also gives details on traffic condition such as light, medium, or heavy (togglable)
- Copy the "Plugins" folder to your main GTA V directory.
- Pick an XML to use depending on what search plugin you have for added realism! (not required)
Don't know what else to put here, just let me know if you find any bugs or if anything is unclear and I will try to fix it. Been a long road of development, thank you to everyone who has helped me on the way!
What's New in Version 2.0.1b
- Fixed small bug where .ini file changes to keys were not being registered. Should work now
2.0.0b (beta release)
[NEW] Lite, menu based computer system! Fully integrated with the rest of the plugin
- Create arrest reports, citations, perform record checks
- Can be disabled in .ini if you wish to use Computer+
- Customizable XML files for citations and charges
- Removed ScriptHookVDotNet2 dependency
Reorganized traffic stop menu
- Can now issue warnings, citations/summons, and ask occupants out of the vehicle
3 new pullover reasons:
- Improper overtaking, illegal u-turn, and failure to stop for emergency lights/sirens
- Various other bug fixes/improvements that I can't remember that have been made over the past couple months
- Keep in mind that this is a beta release; there may be bugs present in this version that I am not aware of. If you find a bug, please report it to me in the comments section with all the relative info
- Fixed a bug that would cause the traffic stop menu to be permanently enabled if an exception occurred on a stop
- Swapped "Where are you coming from" and "Where are you headed to" questions for personal preference
Added 7 new pullover reasons:
- Failure to maintain lane
- No license plate light
- Failure to display both license plates
- Excessive acceleration
- Misuse of left lane on highway
- Underglow lighting on vehicle
- Illegal tint/tint too dark
- Fixed typo, drivers license is now driver's license
- Fixed slight bug with STP, horizontal gaze, and observe functions. Should now work better together
- Bug where evidence couldn't be stored has been fixed
- All plugin's features including observation and field sobriety tests should now work on peds stopped by STP with little to no issue
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a question was asked on a traffic stop before the observations were complete
- Fixed crash that happened if you leave a traffic stop while the stop was still active