Jump to content

Airport Callouts [WIP] v0.1.12.1

   (10 reviews)

13 Screenshots

About This File

This is still a WIP!

What airport should I add? please vote (NEW POLL AFTER 15th November 2018)

https://www.strawpoll.me/16850928

 

how many responses should I make? please vote!

https://www.strawpoll.me/16850802

 

PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS!

10k.png.d8d01a3c4888df3a0f1dc1ff548154b0.png

 

GREEN  -  DONE

BLUE   -  IN TESTING

PURPLE -  FINAL TOUCHES

YELLOW -  W I P

ORANGE -  PLANNED

RED    -  CANCLED

 

Included Calls:

- LSIA Car Theft                          LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Person With A Firearm at *AIRPORT*      LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Nude Person In LSIA Metro Station       LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Dangerous Spotter                       LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Private Aircraft Theft                  LSIA             SANDY          ZANCUDO           GRAPESEED

- Emergency Landing                       LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Suspicous Passenger                     LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Animal On Airport Grounds               LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

- Unauthorized Plane Landing              LSIA          SANDY          ZANCUDO          GRAPESEED

 

 

Thanks for the kind words Steve!

 

 

 

 

 

Future Updates

- Sandy Shores Airfield SupportNOT     PLANNED

- Grapeseed Airfeeld Support           PLANNED

- Millitary Base Support               PLANNED

- More Callouts                        W I P

 

Known Bugs

 

Change Log

Spoiler

v0.0.1.1 (Not yet released)

- Added Speech buttons (Y)

- Added (OTHER AIRPORT) Integration (see poll ^)

 

v0.0.1.0

- Added Possible Drunk Pilot Callout

- Added Emergency Landing Callout

- "Presumably fixed the Shootout callout gliching bug reported by Yo_Adrian!"

- Added routes to callouts

- Added fun Easteregg

- Changed the Dangerous Planespotter Callout(s)

 

v0.0.0.4

- Added Dangerous Planespotter Callout

- Added Private Aircraft Theft callout

 

v0.0.0.3

- Fixed Callout Not Closing Properly Bug (Reported by Pacific Pig)

- Added Callout "Nude Person In LSIA Metro Station"

 

v0.0.0.2

- Added Callout: Person With A Firearm at LSIA

- Added .zip instead of .dll

- Changed Callout Frequence of "LSIA Car Theft" from medium to high

- Fixed bug "Notification audio isn't complete"

 

v0.0.0.1

- Added File

- Added Callout "LSIA Car Theft"

 

 

Please Leave Suggestions below.

 

Special Thanks to Bendy Snowball and BASTOSS for testing!

Special Thanks to Yo_Adrian! for showcasing this calloutpack

 

Installation

Put AirportCallouts.dll into "Grand Theft Auto V\Plugins\LSPDFR"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Hi, the callout theme is really unique. I like that.

Please go ahead an continue developing your planned callouts. Just ignore those bad comments & reviews.

Perhaps you could also add:

  • drunk pilot / crew
  • drunk ATC crew
  • pilot / crew impersonator
  • attempted plane sabotage (someone is planting bomb on the plane)
  • suspicious passengers (e.g.possible terorrist)
  • suspicious briefcase in the airport
Edited by Pazzi

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

We all love the planned callouts, but just don't like the fact that you released it VERY early, with only 1 callout. The title "Airport Callouts" is very misleading this early in the stage, as when we see this on the list of callouts, we assume there's ALREADY some uniqueness in this pack, not for it to come later on. The plans sound great, but I do believe it wasn't a good decision to release this with only 1 callout, and that callout being a car theft. Maybe take it down, and release it when you at least have Plane theft done.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Releasing something at a too early WIP stage will just hurt your reputation. 

When people see it as it is now (which is definitely not good at all and takes someone less than an hour to make) then people will remember this and probably never come back.

I suggest you just take this file offline, keep working on your plugin until you actually got something to show, besides this cheap ass basic callout that everyone seems to be doing nowadays, and then release an actual update that contains something better.

People always post a list of awesome "planned" stuff, but they rarely actually include that stuff.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t neccessarily disagree with any of the comments or reviews, if the file needs many improvements. Then it needs improvements.  I do however have an issue with how rude some of them are. Everybody starts somewhere, some better than others. But if we want to continue to have newer members try modding, and contribute to the future of LSPDFR.  Can we be a little bit less rude and more helpful??  Keep up the way we are going and no one is going to even bother trying. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Quasar said:

I don’t neccessarily disagree with any of the comments or reviews, if the file needs many improvements. Then it needs improvements.  I do however have an issue with how rude some of them are. Everybody starts somewhere, some better than others. But if we want to continue to have newer members try modding, and contribute to the future of LSPDFR.  Can we be a little bit less rude and more helpful??  Keep up the way we are going and no one is going to even bother trying. 

 

Go ahead and be "helpful" then, please. For the sake of this community. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Quasar said:

I don’t neccessarily disagree with any of the comments or reviews, if the file needs many improvements. Then it needs improvements.  I do however have an issue with how rude some of them are. Everybody starts somewhere, some better than others. But if we want to continue to have newer members try modding, and contribute to the future of LSPDFR.  Can we be a little bit less rude and more helpful??  Keep up the way we are going and no one is going to even bother trying. 

He can try modding, and good for him for getting this callout done, but it's not something you'd publish for all to see and try to get them to download it, if basically every callout has it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like i said, I don’t disagree, all im saying is every single person here with multiple good releases started somewhere too and maybe they were not so good either but people helped along the way and didnt pile on one star reviews. Constructive criticism is more than acceptable and should occur, but imo should be in comment form versus slamming them with one star reviews, what motivates them to even bother continuing to learn and improve.  That is the only point im making. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then go ahead and find a way to say it nicely, that this shouldn't have been released. It includes one callout, and that callout is a) the most overused and cheapest callout you could do, and b) it's broken. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sebo said:

Then go ahead and find a way to say it nicely, that this shouldn't have been released. It includes one callout, and that callout is a) the most overused and cheapest callout you could do, and b) it's broken. 

@Sebo, My comments were more directed at the "reviews" on this file.  Your constructive Criticism I think was needed, well explained and probably appropriate and wasn't short and rude.  I'm not sure if I wasn't very clear or what.  But, Again the whole point of this is to leave good constructive criticism, It doesn't need to have a one star review tied to it, it certainly isn't going to make it stand out any more. Where is the motivation to keep learning from mistakes made and to keep improving from it, when people all gang up on a new modder and pretty much say they suck, why would anyone continue with that kind of feedback 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quasar said:

@Sebo, My comments were more directed at the "reviews" on this file.  Your constructive Criticism I think was needed, well explained and probably appropriate and wasn't short and rude.  I'm not sure if I wasn't very clear or what.  But, Again the whole point of this is to leave good constructive criticism, It doesn't need to have a one star review tied to it, it certainly isn't going to make it stand out any more. Where is the motivation to keep learning from mistakes made and to keep improving from it, when people all gang up on a new modder and pretty much say they suck, why would anyone continue with that kind of feedback 

 

Hi @Quasar that's a good point.

 

By slamming them with 1 star review on their first release, I bet it would really demotivate them a lot.

An they might feel that there's no point to continue development if their work is not appreciated.


It's not easy to develop a plugin/callout for LSPDFR because it really is. They need a lot of time to figure out how to start and learn some tutorials.

When at the first time they can make it works, it's really exiting.. and they need to express that by uploading it to the community.

 

This is not Amazon.com, where you can slam any stars as you wish to a product because you PAY for that.

What do the plugin developers get from us? none.. nope.. no fame.. no money.. and in this case... no respect.


Everything should have starting point somewhere like @Quasar stated above.

If you see another plugins, most of them have many versions and updates before becoming a great and stable plugins/callouts.

 

We need more plugin/callouts  developers in this community.

Please give them your respects and they will improve it as they go.

Edited by Pazzi

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pazzi said:

 

Hi @Quasar that's a good point.

 

By slamming them with 1 star review on their first release, I bet it would really demotivate them a lot.

An they might feel that there's no point to continue development if their work is not appreciated.


It's not easy to develop a plugin/callout for LSPDFR because it really is. They need a lot of time to figure out how to start and learn some tutorials.

When at the first time they can make it works, it's really exiting.. and they need to express that by uploading it to the community.

 

This is not Amazon.com, where you can slam any stars as you wish to a product because you PAY for that.

What do the plugin developers get from us? none.. nope.. no fame.. no money.. and in this case... no respect.


Everything should have starting point somewhere like @Quasar stated above.

If you see another plugins, most of them have many versions and updates before becoming a great and stable plugins/callouts.

 

We need more plugin/callouts  developers in this community.

Please give them your respects and they will improve it as they go.

I get where you and anyone defending this is coming from but I take issue with some of what you said.

 

  1. Yes this could demotivate them, but some people would also see that as a means to push and be better, different strokes for different folks all depends on the person. It would help 10 fold if he was vocal to reviews and comments to show he wants to make it better.
  2. I mean maybe not easy but not hard either @Sebo said it would be a low effort hour to make this and I trust that since he made a plugin called Hold My Gun that I've used since day one and have seen grow and improve but it also worked day one and did what it said............ Also I make what I think are good textures and when I started learning texturing I scraped a bunch of designs because I knew they were not quality and weren't worth others using. But I kept working at it and made my local department basic designs and have slowly made more complex and better skins.
  3. No we don't pay for the mod but reviews represent the state of a mod and its quality (and can be updated to reflect improvements), just like any product free or not the respect has to be earned, and making a mod that if I use will break a game I think deserves a one star and some skepticism. Saying we can call out shit if we payed but not if someone just handed it to us for free is just wrong.
  4. Everyone does have to start somewhere but do you think Colt developed a handgun and the first one exploded they would just say eh good enough and hand it out to the pubic then expect praise just for the effort come on.

That's all I have to say. Yes we all need to start somewhere but just giving them a free pass just because they're new also say's this is ok and ok to continue making things of this quality. No no one should attack someone on there but some harsh real reviews are needed to show this is wrong and to release something that knowingly breaks the game as he said in his info section "Callout doesn't close properly" which is a main feature a callout needs to do right. Sorry if releasing a broken and patrol ruining callout is getting some backlash but the one star reviews warn people of what this file is and at this point no one should download this because its just a ticking time bomb during your patrol. I want to see the best out of the community people and mods but knowing releasing this in this state was not ok and this is exactly what the review system is for.

Edited by Pacific Pig

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 12:15 AM, Pacific Pig said:

I get where you and anyone defending this is coming from but I take issue with some of what you said.

 

  1. Yes this could demotivate them, but some people would also see that as a means to push and be better, different strokes for different folks all depends on the person. It would help 10 fold if he was vocal to reviews and comments to show he wants to make it better.
  2. I mean maybe not easy but not hard either @Sebo said it would be a low effort hour to make this and I trust that since he made a plugin called Hold My Gun that I've used since day one and have seen grow and improve but it also worked day one and did what it said............ Also I make what I think are good textures and when I started learning texturing I scraped a bunch of designs because I knew they were not quality and weren't worth others using. But I kept working at it and made my local department basic designs and have slowly made more complex and better skins.
  3. No we don't pay for the mod but reviews represent the state of a mod and its quality (and can be updated to reflect improvements), just like any product free or not the respect has to be earned, and making a mod that if I use will break a game I think deserves a one star and some skepticism. Saying we can call out shit if we payed but not if someone just handed it to us for free is just wrong.
  4. Everyone does have to start somewhere but do you think Colt developed a handgun and the first one exploded they would just say eh good enough and hand it out to the pubic then expect praise just for the effort come on.

That's all I have to say. Yes we all need to start somewhere but just giving them a free pass just because they're new also say's this is ok and ok to continue making things of this quality. No no one should attack someone on there but some harsh real reviews are needed to show this is wrong and to release something that knowingly breaks the game as he said in his info section "Callout doesn't close properly" which is a main feature a callout needs to do right. Sorry if releasing a broken and patrol ruining callout is getting some backlash but the one star reviews warn people of what this file is and at this point no one should download this because its just a ticking time bomb during your patrol. I want to see the best out of the community people and mods but knowing releasing this in this state was not ok and this is exactly what the review system is for.

 

Nope you're just a jerk. I don't get why people take the time to bash someones work when they have the option to not download it and move on with their day. This author doesn't owe you anything and they don't need you in particular telling them "they don't deserve a free pass." I for one love seeing development on the callout side and I don't script myself so how can I sit here and complain? You aren't paying for anything and no one cares about your review.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeff Favignano said:

 

Nope you're just a jerk. I don't get why people take the time to bash someones work when they have the option to not download it and move on with their day. This author doesn't owe you anything and they don't need you in particular telling them "they don't deserve a free pass." I for one love seeing development on the callout side and I don't script myself so how can I sit here and complain? You aren't paying for anything and no one cares about your review.

1. Gotta get this out of the way I actually am a long time Sub and enjoy your content and am sorry you think I'm being a jerk when that's very much not my intent but people disagree every day that's life.

 

I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm giving context to why he is getting backlash and low reviews. Name calling me (not a very bad one granted) and repeating points that I went over doesn't get anyone anywhere and I'd would've liked if you actually told me which points were invalid and why so we could've had a more civil debate/conversation about it. 

  1. I "bashed" it by giving a file I downloaded, used, and ruined my patrol by not even working correctly a bad review? I don't understand that's what the reviews are for to inform future users of what they can expect about the current quality of a file.
  2. Unless I misread my own post I never said "they don't deserve a free pass" I did however say "but just giving them a free pass just because they're new also say's this is ok and ok to continue making things of this quality."
  3. No this user owes me or anyone nothing I never said they did, just that the state it's in now is not ok as it ruins patrols making it a broken file. It doesn't do the basic things it needs to, to be a fully functional callout.
  4. I don't script either and can't speak on the subject that is why I didn't. I used what @Sebo said and again I trust what he said since he does script and has made a script/Plugin that has even been featured.
  5. As I said in my original post, why does being free mean we can't review it poorly for its performance? If I buy a product or it is given out to me for free should not change the facts of the quality of the product. This is most of all true here where and as I said in my review that I want to see this become great who wouldn't and I'll edit my review as the file is updated. Lastly you're right overall my review doesn't matter and if my review was wrong and baseless then the rest would show that (While I don't 100% agree with them or how they went about it)

That's all I have to say I hope you understand and see where I was coming from and when/if this pack is updated and improves my review will update to reflect that but sorry a file that breaks a patrol (most of all the small area its made to be used in) it will get a bad review form me. Hope the creator sees this and understands I wasn't trying to be rude and my review is my honest review and my comment was just trying to give context as to why because I want nothing more then this pack to be great one day. 

 

Thank you for your time,

                                                             Pacific Pig

Edited by Pacific Pig

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 3:51 PM, Jeff Favignano said:

 

Nope you're just a jerk. I don't get why people take the time to bash someones work when they have the option to not download it and move on with their day. This author doesn't owe you anything and they don't need you in particular telling them "they don't deserve a free pass." I for one love seeing development on the callout side and I don't script myself so how can I sit here and complain? You aren't paying for anything and no one cares about your review.

If we're all taking the time to click on the title of this callout, obviously we're all fans of callout development, as we like to add onto our existing callouts, since a majority of the ones on this site are out of date. If you were to see a sign while walking down the street saying "Use our free colorful lights", yet they only had the standard light bulb there and it's flickering, wouldn't you be a tad annoyed? They clearly advertised lights, which means multiple, however they only have 1 light, and it's the same standard bulb that literally any building has and you could walk into and use it to take a picture. (may be an awful analogy, but you get the idea). 

 

I do script myself (Not in C#), but I would never say publicly publish a website and tell everybody it has a lot of stuff on it, yet it only has a button you can click, that literally every site has. I'd take the time to sit back, develop, and publish the website once it has something unique to it, and more than one thing to do. we're saying he falsely advertised by using Callouts in the title, failing to put a WIP tag or something that would let us know what to expect. We all got a bit excited when we saw "Airport Callouts", because currently there isn't a public up to date callout pack that focuses primarily on LSIA, yet we were extremely let down when we found out it only included 1 callout, which was a basic callout that in @Sebo's words, can take less than an hour to make.

 

fangirl moment: You're one of the reasons I got into LSPDFR

Edited by Shawnyg

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry you guys feel that way, keep in mind that negative large posts are what kill inspiration for developers on these callouts. I can guarantee you that 100% I know many who said screw it and just stopped because of the backlash they received over starting out.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jesyx Hey bud don't let the negative reviews stop your work here. Everyone starts somewhere. I hope to see more from you with this callout pack, because this will finally give me a reason to use some "L.S.I.A." skins. Good luck, and thank you for releasing "Airport Callouts" to the community here :thumbsup:

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Negative reviews and bashing happens. We are only human after all. And I'll have to agree the callout pack is released a bit too early. 

 

However, don't let these negative reviews let you down @Jesyx. Instead take advantage of them and improve upon what needs to be improved based on these reviews. That's why reviews exists so modders can fix it. If you need more time to spend on making it more perfect, by all means go ahead 😉. There's no need to rush after all. If you need some help testing the mod, hire some beta testers so they can help you out and improve the mod. 

 

Keep being motivated and good luck on your first callout pack!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 9:51 PM, Jeff Favignano said:

 

Nope you're just a jerk. I don't get why people take the time to bash someones work when they have the option to not download it and move on with their day. This author doesn't owe you anything and they don't need you in particular telling them "they don't deserve a free pass." I for one love seeing development on the callout side and I don't script myself so how can I sit here and complain? You aren't paying for anything and no one cares about your review.

I know you probably hear this a lot but I'm going to say it anyways: I'm a fan 😁.

I completely share your opinion on this matter. Do you know the feeling of having something perfectly planned in your head but when you write it down you can't get it out or forget it? 

Because that's what I'm having right now.

Anyways I do really appreciate you defending this guy, who just started his carreer at the bottom, just to get pulled down even further. He updated this 2 hours ago, which means he hasn't lost his motivation. I admire every single file posted in scripts & plugins just because the people who made it put some effort in providing something for others to enjoy because others can't do it. I believe that coding and scripting is exponentially harder to do than modeling. If you screw up one line, sign or letter, your whole script might stop working and in that case it can take an eternity to find this error. 

 

Greetings from Belgium!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, Jeff Favignano said:

Sorry you guys feel that way, keep in mind that negative large posts are what kill inspiration for developers on these callouts. I can guarantee you that 100% I know many who said screw it and just stopped because of the backlash they received over starting out.

We aren't attempting to bash this guy, just look at the first maybe 3 comments. We expressed how we supported him, but recommend he'd wait a bit longer to have a better first impression. He also now added the Beta in his title, based off of our constructive criticism. I do get there are some straight up negative comments, but that kinda is how life is.. You just build off of it (I'm not saying it's good to completely bash someone, though). We want to see a great Airport callout pack from him, but it was just a bit early to show it to us. Why give a game when all you can do is walk around a room and nothing more..? 

 

Constructive criticism helps (evidence that he just added the beta in his title)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shawnyg said:

We aren't attempting to bash this guy, just look at the first maybe 3 comments. We expressed how we supported him, but recommend he'd wait a bit longer to have a better first impression. He also now added the Beta in his title, based off of our constructive criticism. I do get there are some straight up negative comments, but that kinda is how life is.. You just build off of it (I'm not saying it's good to completely bash someone, though). We want to see a great Airport callout pack from him, but it was just a bit early to show it to us. Why give a game when all you can do is walk around a room and nothing more..? 

 

Constructive criticism helps (evidence that he just added the beta in his title)

You may not have ever even seen it but there was a really really over the top bad review, lots of abbreviated cuss words etc. that the mods actually removed. That is what actually started this whole debate and i guess the bad thing is that now the somewhat more helpful but still one star reviews appear to be the one getting the brunt of the complaints. Constructive criticism is good as you say, but word it badly or with unneeded additions enough times and no one will bother wasting their time to continue learning.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The two reviews that were removed which were myself and another person's were not over the top and we did not include any cuss words. We told him that he shouldn't of released this with just one callout that was overused and that the title shouldn't even be " Callouts ".

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quasar said:

You may not have ever even seen it but there was a really really over the top bad review, lots of abbreviated cuss words etc. that the mods actually removed. That is what actually started this whole debate and i guess the bad thing is that now the somewhat more helpful but still one star reviews appear to be the one getting the brunt of the complaints. Constructive criticism is good as you say, but word it badly or with unneeded additions enough times and no one will bother wasting their time to continue learning.

Yikes, I forgot (or didn't see) those reviews. Yeah, constructive criticism should stay constructive more than hatred.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Xander6478 said:

The two reviews that were removed which were myself and another person's were not over the top and we did not include any cuss words. We told him that he shouldn't of released this with just one callout that was overused and that the title shouldn't even be " Callouts ".

 

Telling someone they "shouldn't of released" something defeats the entire purpose of this community.  I get it, there are a thousand of the same callouts.  What is it harming?  How are you impacted?  Don't like something, move on with your life.  A guy uploads his first callout pack, excited and proud of himself for learning - which he should be - and is immediately shot down.  This is not the community that I had hoped to be part of.  It's even worse that one of those shitty reviews was from an established member and plugin dev.

 

If you're not offering constructive feedback on how he can improve, don't comment or review.  The review system is here to give feedback on how their mod works, not chastise them for the choices they made.

 

Now please, lets move on and leave file comments for things directly relating to his mod. If anyone has something they want to add or say to my message, you're welcome to in PM.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Xander6478 said:

The two reviews that were removed which were myself and another person's were not over the top and we did not include any cuss words. We told him that he shouldn't of released this with just one callout that was overused and that the title shouldn't even be " Callouts ".

I'm sorry that your review got removed, I just want to say i have nothing to do with it, i just accept reviews, I dont report em

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think before you post. Toxic behavior will not be tolerated. Unconstructive, toxic or unnecessarily sarcastic comments will be removed and warnings issued.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×