About This File
!! ATTENTION !!
The development of this plugin has been discontinued.
I have integrated this plugin functionalities into a new plugin called "Ultimate Backup". Check it out!!
The "On Scene backup" plugin basically is made to replace the vanilla backup (code 2/code 3).
On those vanilla backup, the police buddy just comes and watches the scene for a while and then leaves.
With this plugin, the player will be able to have a full backup support from the police buddy to watch for any potential suspects.
Furthermore, It is also integrated with "Stop The Ped" plugin, so the player may ask the police buddy to pat down, conduct tests, arrest, or release the suspects.
- Rage Plugin Hook v0.57 alpha
- LSPD First Response v0.31 by G17
- Police SmartRadio v126.96.36.199 by Albo1125 (required to request the on scene backup using police smart radio)
- VocalDispatch v188.8.131.52 by turbofandude (optional if you want to use voice command to call for the backups)
- Traffic Policer v184.108.40.206 by Albo1125
- Stop The Ped v220.127.116.11 by BejoIjo
- Copy the contents of "Plugins\LSPDFR" in this package to: "GTA V directory\plugins\LSPDFR"
- Please open and edit "OnSceneBackup.ini" file, if you want to replace the keyboard key or controller button bindings
HOW TO USE:
- The player character has to be on foot (not driving or inside any vehicle)
Request a backup unit by:
- Pressing the "request key". Default is "LControl+NumPad5" (you may customize it in the .ini file)
- Using controller buttons. Default is disabled (no button assigned, but you may customize it in the .ini file)
- If you have "Police Smart Radio" installed, open it and select "ON SCENE 2" to call code 2 backup, "ON SCENE 3" for a code 3 backup, or "ON SCENE FEM" for female backup
- If you have "VoiceDispatch" installed, you can give command to call for the backups. Check the TrafficStopBackup.xml file for phrases
- To toggle the situation severity (Code 2/Code 3), you can press "LControl+Home" key (you may customize it in the .ini file). In Code 3 situation, the backup units will always have their gun drawn
- You may request as many backup units as you wish. But I recommend to have maximum 5 units at the same time.
- The plugin will spawn the unit and vehicle based on the LSPDFR "backup.xml" (Police for City, Sheriff for County, etc.)
- This plugin supports "Custom Backup" plugin by PNWParksFan. When it is active, "On Scene Backup" will automatically override the selection of spawned units
HOW IT WORKS:
- After the Police Buddy arrived on scene, they will take a "Standby" position behind you. They will follow and protect you wherever you go
- When there's a grave danger or threat during this "Standby" position, the police buddy will try to engage it
- If There's a potential suspects (from callouts or stopped ped), the police buddy will approach and tend to the suspect in "Watch" position
During "Watch" position, Police Buddy will engage the watched suspect when:
- You aim your gun at the suspect
- The suspect is fleeing
- The suspect attacks us
If you have "Stop The Ped" installed (minimum version: v18.104.22.168), during the "Watch" position, you can use STP Menu to ask the Police Buddy to:
- Pat down the suspect
- Perform breathalyzer test
- Perform drug swab kit test
- Arrest the suspect
- Release the arrested suspect
- IMPORTANT: To make above feature works, you need to have a single police buddy in "watch" position watching the ped to use Stop The Ped menu
- You can always dismiss the Police Buddy at any time by standing in front of them face-to-face.
- When using "MatchBackupVehicle", the cop ped model of the backup unit car will always follow the definition in vehicles.meta. Make sure it has the correct cop model name (e.g. "s_m_y_cop_01", "s_m_y_sheriff_01")
- This plugin supports "Custom Backup" plugin by PNWParksFan.
- When "Custom Backup" plugin is active, It will automatically override the default LSPDFR backup.xml and set the backup unit vehicle and ped model based on the CustomBackup.xml file
About Backup car parking position:
- When it is called with code 2 mode, the unit vehicle will try to park behind player's vehicle (lining up). Make sure to park serial with the road and provide enough space for the backup cars to stop and park their cars
- When it is called with code 3 mode, the unit will just come quickly and stop the vehicle at nearest location
- If you call code 2 backup, but the scene is not safe (threat detected) or you (player) is too far away from your police car, then backup parking position will not be lined up (automatically park like in code 3 mode)
About sirens and silent sound:
- By default, while in code 2, siren sound is set to silent by this plugin. This will work great when you're using non-ELS car models.
- But there's a limitation on ELS car. It will still play the siren sound, even though the plugin has turned it off.
- If you are using ELS car and you want a silent siren while in Code 2, set "IsCode2SirenLightsOn" parameter in the .ini file to "no".
You can make the police buddy to transport arrested ped to jail by using PT (Prisoner Transport) provided by Arrest Manager. Make sure the police buddy and his vehicle are nearby (< 25 meters or so) and you have to set this parameter in the "Arrest Manager.ini" file.
Please feel free to contact me through LSPDFR forum or download's comment section for any issue you encountered with this plugin.
Happy patroling! Enjoy!
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- @Albo1125 for all your plugins which make LSPDFR very joyful!
- @alexguirre for all your open source modules and plugins for LSPDFR
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124
- Added "BackupSpawnDistance" parameter into the .ini file. If you are willing to wait longer, just set the distance to higher value
- Added "Hold Backspace" key to immediately teleport the backup. It is useful when the backup is stuck in traffic
- Added "Update Checking" module to check if there's any updates. The plugin will notify you on loading time if there's a new version available
- Improved Code 3 Backup unit behavior. Now they will be holding their gun (handgun, rifle, or shotgun) since the arrival
- Improved AI. Now they will support you if you're attacked by animals (dogs or lions)
- Tweaked a few police buddy handling logics and AI to improve gameplay
- Tweaked the logic to determine player car's pull over side
- Fixed glitch to avoid police buddy from guarding (watching) traffic cones or barriers from "Traffic Policer"
- Fixed a few issues related to immediate despawn of the police buddy
- Fixed major bug. Cannot call "Code 3 Backup" because it is always despawned
- New Feature: Added support for "Vocal Dispatch" to call the backups (Code 2, Code 3, and Code 2 female)
- Fixed minor bug. Sometimes when calling OSB after player calling TSB, the backup car from OSB hits and pushed TSB car forward
- Improved logic to join pursuit when a pursuit instance is detected
- Added new police radio button to call female cop backup (code 2), which will be helping when you need to pat down a female suspect (using Stop The Ped). Choose "ON SCENE FEM" button to call it
- Improved resource utilization. This will dramatically improve performance when calling multiple backup units at the same time, especially for players with mid-low PC spec.
- Added new animation when buddy is in watching position to tend the dead peds
- Fixed bug. When player going inside a building (e.g. store), sometimes the buddy is teleported instead of just walking
- Fixed bug. Sometimes police buddy got disappeared (despawned) without any reason
- New feature. When calling the backup with Code 3, the police buddy will also be armed with assault rifle or shotgun
- Fixed bug. Sometimes police buddy dismiss themselves (e.g. return to police car and take off), which might be caused by another plugin.
- Fixed bug. Sometimes the buddy is joining a pursuit but does not pursue the suspect
- Added new police radio button to call code 3 backup. Choose "ON SCENE 3" button to call it
- Changed the previous "ON SCENE" button to "ON SCENE 2" to call code 2 backup. (make sure to reinstall all files from this plugin)
New backup vehicle arrival logic:
- When in code 2 mode, the unit vehicle will try to park behind player's vehicle (lining up)
- When in code 3 mode, the unit will just come quickly and stop the vehicle at nearest location
- Much Improved Police Buddy AI when performing combat and foot pursuit
- Tweaked timing to make the backup reacts faster when detecting threat
- Improved threat detection algorithm to also detect and neutralize any ped with a weapon in hand
- Fixed bug. Sometimes Police Buddy unable to detect potential ped to be watched
- Fixed bug. Sometimes dead ped is ignored by the police buddy (not watched)
- Fixed bug. Sometimes buddy does not engage the attacking ped
- Fixed bug. Sometimes when calling the backup unit, it cannot reach the player (stuck on buildings, etc.)
- Fixed bug. Sometimes the police buddy is walking back and forth when in standby mode or watching for the suspect
- Added support for "Stop The Ped" integration for requesting nearby Police Buddy to watch the ped
- New additional confirmation dialog when you want to dismiss the Police Buddy. Now you should press E key or DPadRight button to confirm dismissal after standing face-2-face with the Police Buddy. This new feature should prevent accidental dismissal.
- Added error handling to clean up entities and blips when LSPDFR crashes
- Major performance improvement by tweaking codes and resource usages. Hopefully, there's no FPS drop for mid and low end system.
- Added new feature. The backup car now will be able to adapt the parking position when you pull over the car on the left side of the road (e.g. on the highway)
- Added new feature to force the spawned police car to match your current vehicle model. Don't forget to verify the driver model name on your vehicle entry in the vehicle.meta file. (configurable in the .ini file)
- Improved driving after dismissal to make the buddy driving more safely
- Fixed minor bug. After pursuit, sometimes the police buddy doesn't return to standby position
- Improved Backup Police AI. They will quickly detect suspects firing at us and the buddy will try to fire back at them instead of trying to catch them (pursuit). Pursuit will be done only when the suspect is fleeing
- Improved arrival logic. When the threat (shootings) detected at the time you call the backup, the backup car will not be lined up (behind player car). They will be scrambling out from the nearest possible position and helping you engaging the threat
- Fixed minor issue. When player grab the ped (using "Stop The Ped"), it accidentally dismisses the police buddy
- Added detection range parameter to find potential "Watched" peds in the .ini file
- Added detection range parameter to find for threat in the .ini file
- Improved "Watch" position detection. When the potential ped is moving, Police buddy will not be assigned to "Watch" position
- When the police buddy is in "Watch" position of a dead body, the animation will always be set to standby animation
- When in code 3, Now Police buddy will always be moving (walk/run) with gun drawn
- Now the peds stopped by Vanilla LSPDFR Stop will also be detected and can be watched by the Police buddy
- Fixed bug. Now Police Buddy will not engage fleeing innocent ambient peds
- Fixed bug. Now the emergency peds (medic, fireman, coroner) will be excluded from watch ped detection
- Fixed bug. A very rare crash when Police Buddy dealing with peds after being resuscitated by EMS
- Improved police buddy parking logic. If your car is not in serial position with the road, then backup car will not be lined up
- Added compatibility with Traffic Stop Backup. When you already have TSB unit in place, you may call OSB and the OSB backup will be parking behind TSB car
- Added some ambient voices when police buddy arrived and dismissed
Improved standby position. The police buddy will be stopped in random standby position near you, so it'll be easier to dismiss them
- Added new feature to line up the parking position of the backup cars
- Added configurable silent sirens while in code 2 (please read additional notes in the detail section above)
- Fixed some minor bugs, when the police buddy keep following the dismissed suspect
- Initial release