!! ATTENTION !!
The development of this plugin has been discontinued.
I have integrated this plugin functionalities into a new plugin called "Ultimate Backup". Check it out!!
I made this plugin to implement a real life spike strips backup, inspired by LivePD show.
With this plugin, when you're doing a pursuit, you may request spike strips backup which will order another police officer to deploy the spike strips for you.
Then a fellow police officer will deploy the spike strips ahead of the suspect's vehicle.
This plugin is very light weight, thus almost no frame rate effect when using it.
- Rage Plugin Hook v0.57 alpha
- LSPD First Response v0.31 by G17
- Police SmartRadio v188.8.131.52 by Albo1125 (required to request the spike strips backup using police radio)
- LSPDFR+ v184.108.40.206 by Albo1125
- Traffic Policer v220.127.116.11 by Albo1125
- Arrest Manager v18.104.22.168 by Albo1125
- Copy the contents of "Plugins\LSPDFR" in this package to: "GTA V directory\plugins\LSPDFR"
- Please open and edit "SpikeStripsBackup.ini" file, if you want to replace the keyboard key or controller button bindings
NOTE: If you're upgrading from previous version, please copy and overwrite all files.
HOW TO USE:
To request spike strips backup:
- Position your vehicle behind the target vehicle (just like performing traffic stop)
- When you're close enough, press the "request key". Default is "NumPad5" and you may customize it in the .ini file
- Wait a few seconds and your police backup will deploy the spike strips ahead of the target vehicle
- When the vehicle hits the strips, it will burst the suspect car's tires and then you can easily stop the vehicle!
- The police backup will also join the pursuit when there is an active one
There are 3 ways to request the spike strips backup:
- Keyboard (default: NumPad5)
- Controller (default: LeftShoulder+DPadDown)
- Police SmartRadio
- The police backup position sometimes is weird when it is deployed near intersections or any branching roads
- The positions are mostly fine when it is deployed on a straight road (e.g. highways or freeways)
- Spike strips only burst the target vehicle's tires (friend or foe detection)
Please feel free to contact me through LSPDFR forum or download's comment section for any issue you encountered with this plugin.
Happy patroling! Enjoy!
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Albo1125 for all your plugins which make LSPDFR very joyful!
Alexguirre for the Spike-Strips-V source codes on https://github.com/alexguirre/Spike-Strips-V
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124
- Fixed bug, when the spike strips backup sometimes vanished immediately during high speed pursuit
- Added notification when he spike strip is not effective or deployed in a wrong path/location
- The spawn distance will adapt to the suspect vehicle speed. When performing high speed pursuit, the unit will be spawned farther
- Improved button availability on PoliceSmartRadio. It will be displayed only when you're in pursuit
- Make the police backup to join the pursuit if there's an active one
- Added feature to spawn cop & vehicle model based on localized zone (Police for Los Santos City and Sheriff for the rest)
- Added support for police radio
- Added support for controller
- Added feature to detect whether to spawn regular police or highway police based on the street location
- Improved deployment location discovery algorithm
- Improved target car detection when requesting backup
- Initial release