Everything changes.

Welcome to the brand new LCPDFR.com - we're on IPS Community Suite 4, ready for GTA 5.

We've upgraded our community software to IPS Community Suite 4.

Current Status: Development Recent Images Download Filtering Featured Downloads Forum Reorganisation Profiles & Avatars

We will soon be launching a news feed for GTA V, containing the latest information on developments in the modding community. Also, once mods start to be released and projects undertaken, we'll be inviting developers to contribute towards this feed.

problem finding "games for windows live redistributable 3"

Question

Posted

This is the last thing I need on the 4 part checklist to download lcpdfr, and I cannot find a place to download it. Please tell me the place you got yours and some instructions on how to download it from there.Greatly appreciated. Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Posted

Just Google it, really, come on. You can download it from the FIRST result for that search term.

Ekalb and JAM-Justin35 like this

Posted

no I couldn't. I finnaly found something that worked on like page 24 of google results. But now, that I finnaly downloaded it, gta won't start up! It just says error, and dose not work ...

Posted

i have a problem downloading this file, i have found it on the microsoft website but it gives me 3 downloads to download. i downloaded them and it says for the windows installer 'the version of windows you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install.' what should i do?

Posted

Look at the version of Windows you have and make sure the update you download matches it.

Posted

i download all tat was on ur posting jay but im still having trouble of getting the game to work

Posted

Wait, doesn't Games For Windows Live come automatically- or at least it's required- for GTA IV? It did for me. Were you offline when you installed the game?

Posted

i download all tat was on ur posting jay but im still having trouble of getting the game to work

Elaborate on the problems further, then post the diagnostic and error logs.

Posted

Wait, doesn't Games For Windows Live come automatically- or at least it's required- for GTA IV? It did for me. Were you offline when you installed the game?

It does, but seems like in his case it wasn't installed sucessfully or he just missed it and had Social Club instead....since GFWL is suppose to replace Social Club AFTER installation.....

Posted (edited)

It does, but seems like in his case it wasn't installed sucessfully or he just missed it and had Social Club instead....since GFWL is suppose to replace Social Club AFTER installation.....

Social Club is installed straight away along with GFWL anyway. Then you launch the game for the first time and GFWL tells you that there is a update available. Then whilst installing the update the social club is un-installed automatically.

i have a problem downloading this file, i have found it on the microsoft website but it gives me 3 downloads to download. i downloaded them and it says for the windows installer 'the version of windows you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install.' what should i do?

Use the link in my signature below instead. Edited by Tom H

Posted

Installation component 'LCPDFRModels' error'd!

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)

at G17MediaSetupEngine.Installation_Components.tazershit.beginComponent()

at G17MediaSetupEngine.UI.Interface.wizardControl1_SelectedPageChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at G17MediaSetupEngine.UI.Interface.wizardControl1_SelectedPageChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Posted (edited)

Please don't bump old threads which are long dead.

1. Use the search on the site to check if your problem has already been solved (Which it has been many, many times)
  2. If no solution is found, create a new topic in the support forum.
Edited by Tom H