Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 120875 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

GTA IV texture bug ( need help )

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
This support issue is CLOSED. It is kept for archival and search purposes and to help members experiencing the same issue.
12 replies to this topic

ibrahim

ibrahim

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

the video explains :smile:

my PC :

CPU : Intel
As this is an archived post, reputation is not available.

Harper

Harper

Experienced Badass

• Community Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3182 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Remove some of your car mods or lower your settings.

ZsCaATH.jpg

Email: harper@lcpdfr.com
/u/Harpersaurus  | The only crew focused on All-American Muscle, featuring the best drivers. The Skid Marks, now in Los Santos.

Unofficial /r/LCPDFR subreddit

SkyNet

SkyNet

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Just curious, did you edit the configuration file "first responder ini" at all?
Posted Image

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • 3241 posts
  • LocationMaine

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

You either need a better graphics card, or you should follow Harper's advice:

Remove some of your car mods or lower your settings.

If responding to me in the forums, please quote me so I am alerted.  I likely won't reply if you don't quote me.
Join us on the Teamspeak once in a while, I might host a radio show!
Please do not send me messages for support!

Calvert

Calvert

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

I have the same problem. It's not the fault of the graphics card because if I downgrade to a previous version then I have no problems. I have a more powerful system than the OP too.

Harper

Harper

Experienced Badass

• Community Team
  • 3182 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

I have the same problem. It's not the fault of the graphics card because if I downgrade to a previous version then I have no problems. I have a more powerful system than the OP too.

It IS the GPU, you NEED to lower your settings or remove some high poly mods.. the game is causing the card to run out of memory.. Could you post your specs?

ZsCaATH.jpg

Email: harper@lcpdfr.com
/u/Harpersaurus  | The only crew focused on All-American Muscle, featuring the best drivers. The Skid Marks, now in Los Santos.

Unofficial /r/LCPDFR subreddit

gnat326

gnat326

Tech Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I would like to state for the record that on our old computer, we also had the Radeon HD 4600 Series. It could not run GTA IV for whatever reasons. I say it like this because I also never got any textures in-game. It was a while ago, but I do know that I also had modded vehicles, which I now know are what most likely caused my problems. >.< As stated by Harper,

the game is causing the card to run out of memory

Also for the record, I don't want to imply that anyone's graphics card is crappy, it's just the way GTA IV was made.
== Helpfull Links ==
G17 Diagnostics Tool: Click Here (Run as Administrator)
Games for Windows Live (GFWL): Click Here

Please feel free to contact me via PM on the forums if you need anything.

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • 3241 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

It's not the fault of the graphics card because if I downgrade to a previous version then I have no problems.

Downgrading to a lower version of GTA IV (I believe that's what you meant) does fix it for some people. The 1.0.7.0 patch causes the game to run like crap on some systems, but high poly car mods only make it worse. I never had any problems with my GTX 560 though, but a lot of people with weaker cards do have texture problems. My old GTX 260 had the same problem. GTA loves to eat up RAM and VRAM. Adding car mods makes this problem exponentially worse. The only real fix is to not use mods, or to get a better system.

Other topics already created with this problem:
http://www.lcpdfr.co...-textures-v091/
http://www.lcpdfr.co...-buildings-etc/
If responding to me in the forums, please quote me so I am alerted.  I likely won't reply if you don't quote me.

Calvert

Calvert

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

It IS the GPU, you NEED to lower your settings or remove some high poly mods.. the game is causing the card to run out of memory.. Could you post your specs?

My specs are:

Intel Core i7 @2.93 GHz
6 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB

I'm using the maximum performance power profile in the Windows control panel and also Process Lasso to get the best performance.

I'm running GTA at a 1280x720 resolution with medium settings overall. The only high poly mods I have are police cars, all other traffic is normal.

Downgrading to a lower version of GTA IV (I believe that's what you meant) does fix it for some people. The 1.0.7.0 patch causes the game to run like crap on some systems, but high poly car mods only make it worse. I never had any problems with my GTX 560 though, but a lot of people with weaker cards do have texture problems. My old GTX 260 had the same problem. GTA loves to eat up RAM and VRAM. Adding car mods makes this problem exponentially worse. The only real fix is to not use mods, or to get a better system.

Other topics already created with this problem:
http://www.lcpdfr.co...-textures-v091/
http://www.lcpdfr.co...-buildings-etc/

I actually meant downgrading LCPD:FR to the previous version is what fixed the problem. Given my specs and the fact that downgrading LCPD:FR fixed the problem, that suggests that the problem lies with 0.95RC1.

Edited by Calvert, 18 November 2011 - 06:19 PM.

Lil-rich

Lil-rich

Police Officer

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

• Retired Developer

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

With my HD4870 X2 (2GB) I had some similiar problems but only if I had the previous (I think it's 1.25) version of iCEnhancer installed - though I gotta say it was never meant to be played on 1.0.7.0
I think even the new graficcards don't have much more VRAM (most VRAM I saw on a single GPU yet was about 3GB) so why is it running on them but not on my card?

Long story short: you really can't say on which compenents this does depend. IMHO it's a combination of various things no one really could sum up or better sort out...

Edit: Oh but one question... Does this appear when you start the game (from the beginning) or does it appear later on?? Because this is two different "bugs" (I had the last one)

Greetz

Lil-rich

Working in the support often reminds me of "Dinner for One":

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?" - "The same procedure as EVERY year, James..."

Calvert

Calvert

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

For me, it only started when I arrived at a domestic call about 5 minutes into the game. The domestic call didn't work as there was nothing at the scene (I filed a bug report about it). As soon as I went into the building where the domestic was supposed to be, the texture loading problems started and soon got worse.

SkyNet

SkyNet

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

For me, it only started when I arrived at a domestic call about 5 minutes into the game. The domestic call didn't work as there was nothing at the scene (I filed a bug report about it). As soon as I went into the building where the domestic was supposed to be, the texture loading problems started and soon got worse.

Did you call for backup? Noose? I noticed glitches occurring when calling for noose backup... if the models do not load properly it will begin to crash.
Posted Image

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • 3241 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Did you call for backup? Noose? I noticed glitches occurring when calling for noose backup... if the models do not load properly it will begin to crash.

Go to your ini fie, and set PreloadAllModels = True

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users