Introducing LSPDFR.

Check out www.lspdfr.com for a first look at the sequel to LCPDFR.

American Truck Simulator (Rel: 1/29/2014)

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally seems to be official. By the creators of Euro Truck Simulator, the American Truck Simulator will be arriving the January 29th by 18,00 Euro. However, it will be just a basic pack with one State, California, that will be later updated with expansion packs. In addition, the game will come with the Peterbilt brand licensed.

Rondomedia_Games-Medien_simuwelt_America

- Source: http://www.simuwelt.de/nachricht/items/american-truck-simulator-basic-edition-erscheint-am-29012014

Now my question is... if the basic pack just includes California, do they want us to pay 20 bucks 50 times or the expansions are free?

Posted

Why would you *want* an expansion? Maybe Alaska with ice roads, but other than that, it's a truck. You drive it. California already has basically all the types of terrain, so I can't see why you'd need an expansion.

Side note: Why would you play a video game about truck driving? Is truck driving somehow super-enjoyable?

Posted

Side note: Why would you play a video game about truck driving? Is truck driving somehow super-enjoyable?

You'd be surprised :)
CrossFire and trewq34 like this

Posted

I never understood the whole truck simulator craze to begin with, but I would be interested in driving across my beautiful home state of California ;) so I might just give it a try!

Posted (edited)

I actually enjoyed the first Euro Truck Simulator. I would've purchased Euro Truck Simulator 2 but my money went into GTA V and PAYDAY 2 instead. If this turns out okay I might actually get it.

Edited by Olanov

Posted

Oh what I'd give for that map in GTA IV.

I might just get this, since the graphics look pretty nice and I do like trucks.

Posted

Oh what I'd give for that map in GTA IV.

I might just get this, since the graphics look pretty nice and I do like trucks.

Trucking never dies. What's up, Kanyo?

Posted

This looks like an interesting game. When is Australian Truck Simulator coming out though?

Cheers.

Posted

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

br100x likes this

Posted

I can not wait!!!!!! If you went on SCS Software's blog, they had some pictures, and it looks great!

Posted

-snip-

You are so happy that you broke the CSS on the site lol. 

Posted

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

you broke the message box on the website you must be magical 

Posted (edited)

I can't wait for this to come out! European/British roads are a complete mystery to me, I always get tickets for something. Now I will never have to drive through a roundabout again! I have lived in California all my life and I have only seen one roundabout (it's by the entrance to Legoland). I wonder if you will be able to drive up into the Sierra Nevada mountains; it would certainly be a challenge to drive an 18 wheeler up steep, curvy, two-lane roads.

I'm assuming since the box says "starter pack", we will have to pay for more states. If SCS Software is nice though, they'll release a few states for free.

Why would you *want* an expansion? Maybe Alaska with ice roads, but other than that, it's a truck. You drive it. California already has basically all the types of terrain, so I can't see why you'd need an expansion.

Alaska doesn't actually have that many roads. Some of the major cities you can drive into, but a lot of cities just connect up to one highway, so it takes forever to drive from one city to another even if they are geographically close. That is why the preferred methods of transport are by air or water.

You should watch some ETS 2 videos on youtube or download the demo, it's actually quite relaxing and enjoyable.

Edited by br100x

Posted (edited)

I don't know what it is about driving around in a truck and getting pulled over every fucking time someone decides to hit your truck and losing all your money is so fun, but for some reason these games are really fun and addicting lol...

Edited by Darkangel

Posted

I'm actually playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 right now, just alt-tabbed out real quick. I wonder why SCS hasn't said anything about an official release in their blog yet...

Posted

I've been a huge fan of these games since 18 Wheels of Steel. I played German Truck Simulator, and ETS 2. I was so excited to see this was in the works, and now it's a reality!!

I'm super excited that it's coming out so soon. Can't wait.

Posted

Another game like that, wow. and that I don't have it and I might not have it

Posted

Finally American Trucker!

Posted

Awesome!

Loved the 18 WoS series, & enjoyed playing ETS 2 a lot. And now I get to explore California! Nice :)

Posted

I hope they make a Michigan map. Or Michigan to Florida map, I-75 route. I'd play it all day.

I am super excited for the game anyways, though.