Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 121645 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

GTA V Police Cars

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
115 replies to this topic

RoboticGamer

RoboticGamer

Youtuber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

You guys are some real nitpickers! :P

Sure the liveries may not be great, but I think the fact that there's such a variety to begin with AND the fact that there's rotator AND LED lighting systems makes up for it and thensome. I like the different liveries. It reflects how a lot of IRL departments are right now, with a mix of older cars with older liveries and newer cars with newer liveries. Very realistic, they did their homework. They really paid attention to the police cars this time, we got what we asked for and maybe even a little more. I can't help but think while I cruise around seeing them that R* read our complaints about the police in the game and took them seriously. 

EDIT: Also, I can't confirm this yet, but I'm pretty sure there's more unmarkeds than just the Vic lookalike. I do believe I remember a mission where I got chased by unmarked Buffalos of varying colors and perhaps even a Landstalker. That one could've been a Granger at a glance, though.

Agreed this are the best police cars i have ever seen on GTA V way better then GTA IV and Rockstar at least listened and added LED lights if they wanted to they wouldn't added it and just went back to the original police cruiser from that first GTA V trailer am actually thinking when the PC version comes what the point of modding these police cards they look great. 

tz71

tz71

Detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

well still probably have the real cars but no need for els just different patterns and mute siren

Posted Image

EFox

EFox

The Foxiest modder alive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Does anyone know where I can find the unmarked vapid cruiser?

BETA_signature.jpg

Beta Tester for:

NickieB

EVI

Sgt.Kanyo

Sgt.Kanyo

Detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Liveries are horrible, and the fact that LSPD operates out of LS itself too, is weird. I really like the new lighting, but those "POLICE" liveries were probably based on a non-existing agency. They should have included CHP, since they can be found everywhere in CA. They don't just operate on rural parts, but even inside the city.

Btw I've seen a review where you could see a close up of the bike, and it's not highway patrol. It had LSPD markings on it.

Sheriff_Ewald

Sheriff_Ewald

Head of Nebraska Textures

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

I really like the Sheriff SUV, but it be cool if it hook up to trailers(not semi). And maybe when GTA V comes out some one will make a police semi and trailer.

sig.jpg

Ekalb

Ekalb

Oh wow how cool is Ekalb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

A few awesome things in this game for modders to take note of should GTAV ever make it to PC:

1. Obviously the LED lightbar systems are great

2. Halogen light effects have also been updating to actually rotate around the environment

3. A number of extra cars aside from just emergency vehicles have lightbars you can turn on using the siren button, including the lifeguard SUV (Amber LED lightbar with the older-style glowing orbs) and the towtrucks (no siren but the siren key will activate amber halogens)

4. Some cars have the ability to activate additional lights instead of just the headlights when you turn on high-beams. This means that you could have takedowns that activate only when you turn on the vehicle's high-beams, and not be on all the time when the vehicle's headlights are on.

5. The vapid patrol car can spawn with two different lightbars independently, so you could have it spawn with LEDs once and a different halogen bar another time.

One thing I really don't understand though is what we've mentioned so far, that the liveries are different despite being from the same police department.

I think it'd be really cool if someone from the community here could somehow get in touch with someone from rockstar and quiz them a bit about all this. 

edit: and one thing we're in desperate need of is some police versions of the Buffalo Sport (2012 charger)!! 

Edited by Ekalb, 21 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

LCPD:FR not running? Try: #1 And then: #2 Do this: #3 before doing this: #4
My Mods: http://www.lcpdfr.co...mpressive-mods/

OfficerBaboso

OfficerBaboso

Officer Trevor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

I created a video how to get the police bike: 

Don't mess with the uniform! Or you're gonna have to mess with my nightstick!    

My YouTube Channel featuring Officer Trevor: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBooommbastic

Break

Break

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • LocationKarlsruhe, Germany

• Retired moderator

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

POSSIBLE SPOILER

How to get the Vapid Unmarked Cruiser is quite easy.

You need to do the Strangers & Freaks mission in which Barry asks Franklin to get some weed. You'll get two areas marked on your map, one on the west and one on the east. The West isn't interesting. You will want to go to the east, Barry will ask you to look for a truck, which is quite easy to find, but instead of taking, take a look around in the property that the truck is parked in, because as Barry said, the Police are investigating. You won't have much trouble to spot the two manned unmarked cruisers that are standing around, simply go up to one, jack the driver (itll get you two stars) and then lose the police. Then wait for the timer to run out, you'll get a MISSION FAILED screen, and then EXIT the mission. The mission will end and you will still sit in the unmarked cruiser. Then just go and park it in a Garage. You can repeat this over and over. And possibly you can also repeat the mission from the menu (haven't tried it), in case you haven't grabbed an unmarked cruiser yet.

Due to the graphic nature of this post, reader discretion is advised.
untitled-11ps4m.jpg
Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4,4 GHz - 1,18 V Thermalright HR-02 Macho - 140mm PWM ASUS Z87-A2 x 8 GB Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600MHz (XMP) ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II Plextor M5 Pro 256 GB 
Please don't contact me via pm to request support.

EnterName

EnterName

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think the rotator lightbars look fantastic, as do the LEDs at night, although you would think that the liveries would be the simple part here.

This. Everything in GTA V is clearly resembling its reality counterpart in great detail - from the city itself to the car models or some of the companies ingame - and then being changed a little bit to form that satirical view of the real world R* is known for. Except for the LSPD liveries. That's like the ONE thing in that game that doesn't resemble reality, and that's annoying. It's not game-breaking or whatever, but I can't help thinking "why?" everytime I come across one of the interceptors.

ineseri

ineseri

Deputy Sheriff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7003 posts

• Facebook Page Coordinator

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

One thing I really don't understand though is what we've mentioned so far, that the liveries are different despite being from the same police department. 

But they aren't from the same department, atleast not the Sheriff and city police. They belong to the SAPD, but from what I understand they have different jurisdictions. 

And disregard this if you mean the liveries on the interceptors. 

• I wrote a guide for fixing everything GTA IV and EFLC related.
  • Timezone: UTC+1. When the time is 8:00 AM in Eastern USA, it's 2:00 PM here (Sweden).
  • Wish to discuss something with me? Send me a PM instead of cluttering the forums.
  • If you have a issue with something I did, please send me a PM and we will sort out any problem that might have arised.

CG Blaze

CG Blaze

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I disagree, I think its pretty sloppy.  The POLICE text on the buffalo is really misaligned (it actually looks like the same alignment as IV), and the badge logo on the front is just plain weird.  I think the rotator lightbars look fantastic, as do the LEDs at night, although you would think that the liveries would be the simple part here.

There's just no reason why you would have the all white sheriff cruisers and the black and white sheriff SUVs - it makes no sense.  I really don't see why they couldn't have applied the same livery across all the LSPD cars either.

At the end of the day though, if we can mod these on PC then there won't be a problem, and it will be great to have loads of new options open to us that these provide.

I've still only seen the Buffalo in passing once or twice so far. Seems to spawn very irregularly, so I can't comment on those details.

As I've said before, although I would've liked to have seen the same LSPD scheme across all the cars, I think the idea was to reflect the transitional period many departments are in right now. 

As far as the Sheriff vehicles go, I'm wondering if it's a nod to some of the CHP's cars, since they use both black and white AND only white cars. The white cars I'm told are for different enforcement purposes, but still.

sig2.jpg

I happen to think the release of GTA V for PC is similar to say... Voldemort.

The more we talk about it, the less likely it is that it'll be released. On the other hand, if we hush up about it, maybe it'll be out next month.

*puts down empty glass of whiskey*

tz71

tz71

Detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

heres the sheriff suv...was pretty damn hard to snag took me a good few hours

Attached Files

Posted Image

Ekalb

Ekalb

Oh wow how cool is Ekalb

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

And disregard this if you mean the liveries on the interceptors. 

I did mean the interceptors and the buffalos versus the vapid patrol cars and the transporters. They're all LS (city) police but with different liveries and it's hard to make sense of why they opted for that. 

LCPD:FR not running? Try: #1 And then: #2 Do this: #3 before doing this: #4
My Mods: http://www.lcpdfr.co...mpressive-mods/

willpv23

willpv23

Sergeant in Training

• Members
  • 1050 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

They should have had people from the GTA modding communities make the police liveries, they would have been better.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing." -@_svnin

OfficerBaboso

OfficerBaboso

Officer Trevor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

heres the sheriff suv...was pretty damn hard to snag took me a good few hours

It took me like 5 minutes

My YouTube Channel featuring Officer Trevor: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBooommbastic

tz71

tz71

Detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

how? lol

Posted Image

OfficerBaboso

OfficerBaboso

Officer Trevor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

how? lol

Steal a car at the prison which will get 4 stars so the Tactical Team responds. Subdue the officers, take the car and bring it to Trevor's trailer which is close to the prsion

OfficerBaboso

OfficerBaboso

Officer Trevor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

The Park Ranger SUV can be driven (and maybe even stolen) during this mission:

"God save the Queen" and "Democracy! For King and Country!", says the Ruskie Nazi Patriot.

Laughed my ass of during that mission. It's called "The Civil Border Patrol"

Edited by OfficerBaboso, 22 September 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Sentinel55

Sentinel55

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

The Park Ranger SUV can be driven (and maybe even stolen) during this mission:

"God save the Queen" and "Democracy! For King and Country!", says the Ruskie Nazi Patriot.

Laughed my ass of during that mission. It's called "The Civil Border Patrol"

Behind the Vinewood Sign is a big radio tower, and there is also a Park Ranger SUV.

Clay_automated4.gif

tz71

tz71

Detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

heres a police bike...kinda weird that its out in the country and not the highway patrol and the civilian boarder patrol

Attached Files

Posted Image

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users