Everything changes.

Welcome to the brand new LCPDFR.com - we're on IPS Community Suite 4, ready for GTA 5.

We've upgraded our community software to IPS Community Suite 4.

Current Status: Development Recent Images Download Filtering Featured Downloads Forum Reorganisation Profiles & Avatars

We will soon be launching a news feed for GTA V, containing the latest information on developments in the modding community. Also, once mods start to be released and projects undertaken, we'll be inviting developers to contribute towards this feed.

GTA V Police Cars

118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A few awesome things in this game for modders to take note of should GTAV ever make it to PC:

1. Obviously the LED lightbar systems are great

2. Halogen light effects have also been updating to actually rotate around the environment

3. A number of extra cars aside from just emergency vehicles have lightbars you can turn on using the siren button, including the lifeguard SUV (Amber LED lightbar with the older-style glowing orbs) and the towtrucks (no siren but the siren key will activate amber halogens)

4. Some cars have the ability to activate additional lights instead of just the headlights when you turn on high-beams. This means that you could have takedowns that activate only when you turn on the vehicle's high-beams, and not be on all the time when the vehicle's headlights are on.

5. The vapid patrol car can spawn with two different lightbars independently, so you could have it spawn with LEDs once and a different halogen bar another time.

One thing I really don't understand though is what we've mentioned so far, that the liveries are different despite being from the same police department.

I think it'd be really cool if someone from the community here could somehow get in touch with someone from rockstar and quiz them a bit about all this. 

edit: and one thing we're in desperate need of is some police versions of the Buffalo Sport (2012 charger)!! 

Edited by Ekalb

Posted

I created a video how to get the police bike: 

Molten likes this

Posted

POSSIBLE SPOILER

How to get the Vapid Unmarked Cruiser is quite easy.

You need to do the Strangers & Freaks mission in which Barry asks Franklin to get some weed. You'll get two areas marked on your map, one on the west and one on the east. The West isn't interesting. You will want to go to the east, Barry will ask you to look for a truck, which is quite easy to find, but instead of taking, take a look around in the property that the truck is parked in, because as Barry said, the Police are investigating. You won't have much trouble to spot the two manned unmarked cruisers that are standing around, simply go up to one, jack the driver (itll get you two stars) and then lose the police. Then wait for the timer to run out, you'll get a MISSION FAILED screen, and then EXIT the mission. The mission will end and you will still sit in the unmarked cruiser. Then just go and park it in a Garage. You can repeat this over and over. And possibly you can also repeat the mission from the menu (haven't tried it), in case you haven't grabbed an unmarked cruiser yet.

Posted

I think the rotator lightbars look fantastic, as do the LEDs at night, although you would think that the liveries would be the simple part here.

This. Everything in GTA V is clearly resembling its reality counterpart in great detail - from the city itself to the car models or some of the companies ingame - and then being changed a little bit to form that satirical view of the real world R* is known for. Except for the LSPD liveries. That's like the ONE thing in that game that doesn't resemble reality, and that's annoying. It's not game-breaking or whatever, but I can't help thinking "why?" everytime I come across one of the interceptors.

Posted

One thing I really don't understand though is what we've mentioned so far, that the liveries are different despite being from the same police department. 

But they aren't from the same department, atleast not the Sheriff and city police. They belong to the SAPD, but from what I understand they have different jurisdictions. 

And disregard this if you mean the liveries on the interceptors. 

Posted

I disagree, I think its pretty sloppy.  The POLICE text on the buffalo is really misaligned (it actually looks like the same alignment as IV), and the badge logo on the front is just plain weird.  I think the rotator lightbars look fantastic, as do the LEDs at night, although you would think that the liveries would be the simple part here.

There's just no reason why you would have the all white sheriff cruisers and the black and white sheriff SUVs - it makes no sense.  I really don't see why they couldn't have applied the same livery across all the LSPD cars either.

At the end of the day though, if we can mod these on PC then there won't be a problem, and it will be great to have loads of new options open to us that these provide.

I've still only seen the Buffalo in passing once or twice so far. Seems to spawn very irregularly, so I can't comment on those details.

As I've said before, although I would've liked to have seen the same LSPD scheme across all the cars, I think the idea was to reflect the transitional period many departments are in right now. 

As far as the Sheriff vehicles go, I'm wondering if it's a nod to some of the CHP's cars, since they use both black and white AND only white cars. The white cars I'm told are for different enforcement purposes, but still.

Posted

heres the sheriff suv...was pretty damn hard to snag took me a good few hours

Achilles558 likes this

Posted

And disregard this if you mean the liveries on the interceptors. 

I did mean the interceptors and the buffalos versus the vapid patrol cars and the transporters. They're all LS (city) police but with different liveries and it's hard to make sense of why they opted for that. 

Posted

They should have had people from the GTA modding communities make the police liveries, they would have been better.

Posted

heres the sheriff suv...was pretty damn hard to snag took me a good few hours

It took me like 5 minutes

Posted

how? lol

Posted

how? lol

Steal a car at the prison which will get 4 stars so the Tactical Team responds. Subdue the officers, take the car and bring it to Trevor's trailer which is close to the prsion

Posted (edited)

The Park Ranger SUV can be driven (and maybe even stolen) during this mission:

'>
Edited by OfficerBaboso

Posted

'>

"God save the Queen" and "Democracy! For King and Country!", says the Ruskie Nazi Patriot.

Laughed my ass of during that mission. It's called "The Civil Border Patrol"

Posted

heres a police bike...kinda weird that its out in the country and not the highway patrol and the civilian boarder patrol

Posted (edited)

'>

"God save the Queen" and "Democracy! For King and Country!", says the Ruskie Nazi Patriot.

Laughed my ass of during that mission. It's called "The Civil Border Patrol"

Edited by Lazerus

Posted

you can also get one at the prison driving in the parking lot that's the easiest and quickest way to get one...heres an unmarked buffalo I got

Posted (edited)

you can also get one at the prison driving in the parking lot that's the easiest and quickest way to get one...heres an unmarked buffalo I got

You'll get 4 stars for stealing a car at the prison

You could drive on the desert/mountain roads, there are rangers patrolling in their cars and stop at some spots and go for a walk. Just go into steath mode, subdue the ranger and the car's your's without any trouble.

Edited by OfficerBaboso

Posted

I only got one star its in the parking lot you have to drive around the prison back to the entrance and youll see him in the parking lot...wait till he gets out then jack it..drive straight though

Posted

I still have never seen the marked Buffalo..

Posted

you will just have to keep your eyes on the cop cars when they are chasing people sometimes you will see it

Posted

it personally will be amazing to mod as many cars as they have devoted for police in this game :)

Posted

and we wont really need an els system so that's a big plus

Posted

The unmarked CVPI only spawns in gray and blue on the weed mission but I want a black one

Posted

The unmarked CVPI only spawns in gray and blue on the weed mission but I want a black one

Go back with the red car to get the black one.

For those of you wondering about the unmarked cars, here's how you can obtain them: