Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 121583 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

Help! How do i turn on the lights and siren?

How do you turn on lights?

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
This support issue is CLOSED. It is kept for archival and search purposes and to help members experiencing the same issue.
13 replies to this topic

AlexanderNorth

AlexanderNorth

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

Sorry I'm new at this but its looks like a lot of fun how do you turn on the lights and siren on your police car?
As this is an archived post, reputation is not available.

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationMaine

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

If it is a default car, quickly press G to toggle them on or off. If it is an ELS downloaded car, press J or K, for primary and secondary, respectively.
-Iconography
Asst. Community Manager

If responding to me in the forums, please quote me so I am alerted.  I likely won't reply if you don't quote me.
Please do not send me messages for support!  Community or moderation related messages are encouraged.

flipper589

flipper589

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hope its not a problem that I come and post in this topic, mine was locked as I thought the problem was fixed. Of course I thought everything was fine and when I went to play its not. Still none of the lights worked and it says to press J, K, and L but they do nothing, if I press the <, button that says light mode 1, 2, or 3 active but doesn't actually do anything, I still have the one solid light forward and rear facing. I've gone into ELS and put everything to active. Also none of the cars I have spawn, I either get an error message unable to spawn object, invalid model, or it spawns but is almost a ghost car thats floating in air. So what have I done wrong now? My apologies for asking for help again.

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

If you have a backup of vehicles.img, copy it back in to your GTA folder (...\pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img) and then put your car mods back in one at a time. Start with only one car mod.

Edit: Oh, and make sure ELS.asi and ELS.ini are both in your root GTA folder. (similar to this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV)

Edited by Iconography, 05 September 2011 - 10:21 PM.

-Iconography
Asst. Community Manager

If responding to me in the forums, please quote me so I am alerted.  I likely won't reply if you don't quote me.
Please do not send me messages for support!  Community or moderation related messages are encouraged.

flipper589

flipper589

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

I've tried and unfortunately nothing is working, should I try uninstalling everything and reinstalling? Or should I try installing everything on my Vista laptop since right now I'm trying this on my Windows 7 laptop. Would that make a difference at all?

iggor001

iggor001

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

break might know,he knows everything!!! ..whatch this speace..

iggor001

iggor001

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

oops space

Flambe

Flambe

100% useless

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationEngland

• Retired Community Team Member

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Can you edit your posts instead of double posting iggor?

And you could try reinstalling GTAIV. Before modding next time, make backups! And I don't think there are any differences when playing on vista or 7.

flipper589

flipper589

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and now I'm getting an error and it stops loading.

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

Are you getting the error without LCPD:FR installed, or after you reinstalled the mod? If you get the error after reinstalling the mod, please run through the checklist, whose link is the first link in my signature. After that you could try running another diagnostic log (link is also found in my sig).
-Iconography
Asst. Community Manager

flipper589

flipper589

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

I'm running it after re-installing the mod, and I'm looking through that checklist and I can't find some of those files in the checklist, and I've followed the directions of re-installing with the automatic installer.. Also every time I try running the G17 diagnostic tool it crashes. But it says I have everything needed to run the program. How do I update my version of GTA IV to 1.0.7.0?

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Would Google kill you?

http://games.softped...-IV-Patch.shtml

An unpatched game will cause LCPDFR to crash.

EDIT: Oh, make sure to run the diagnostic log and the First Response as an admin.

Edited by Iconography, 06 September 2011 - 08:27 PM.

-Iconography
Asst. Community Manager

AlexanderNorth

AlexanderNorth

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

Now for initiating a traffic stop is is SHIFT?

Jacob

Jacob

Police Officer

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Yes, shift.
Posted Image

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users