Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 121574 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

Speed Radar

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

rushlink

rushlink

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

Give me 10 mins, for some reason its not working right now... I thought i uploaded a version that worked. Hmm.

Ok. So this is my first script for any GTA series.

What this script does:

Return the speed of two vehicles, and allow you to lock that speed for reference.
It will essentially draw a line directly (in-front & behind) you for 100 yards (ish).
It will return the speed of the closest vehicle to you, along that line (will catch two lanes either side of you, most of the time).
At any time you can lock the speed that is displayed. The lock will be displayed to the right of the read-out, with the front reading first.

Keys:

I - start radar
U - Lock Speed

Im not really going to offer any support for this, but if you are having problems let me know - I've only tested on one system, mine.
It seems to work just fine on my system, I really made it for myself, but I thought I should probably share it, as others might want to use it.
Also, if you want to use the source to incorporate it into your own mods, let me know!

Btw. This will output to the top of the screen, other scripts might output here too. Right now i have fairly limited knowledge of 1. the language, and 2. modding for gta 4. Maybe in a future version I'll have it output legitimately to the screen :)

Installation:
Drop into your GTAIV Scripts folder

Requirements:
Scripthook.net (Works fine withe the scripthook that LCPDFR 0.95 has - thast what im running, im sure it works fine with the one 0.91 has too (untested though)) http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392325
.net framework (You should already have this with LCPDFR)

Edited by rushlink, 29 August 2011 - 05:46 AM.

As this is an archived post, reputation is not available.

Wayne George

Wayne George

Liberty City Metropolitan Police Department

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis, Missouri

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hi, Where is your file? I cannot find it anywhere.
Posted Image

rushlink

rushlink

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

I tried attaching the file to the post, but i guess i cant do that or something, because it didnt show up.

Here's a download link.
http://www.2shared.com/file/tpcpym-f/Radarnet.html

(i always hate these download places, cuz they trick u into downloading stuff... but just click the blue download button about 2/3 way down the page)

FYI... For soeme reason i cant re-edit my first post. So could a MOD or someone who can, please delete this post, and put the download link into the first one? Oh, and delete the first line where it says it doesnt work, because it does now :)

Edited by rushlink, 29 August 2011 - 06:03 AM.

Wayne George

Wayne George

Liberty City Metropolitan Police Department

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis, Missouri

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Thanks i appreciate it:)
Posted Image

rushlink

rushlink

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

Mhmm, No problem :)

kjel0112

kjel0112

Flanders Pigeon Murderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

Will test this out and let you know. You do know that Sniper is busy with his Dashcam v2?

"Dura lex, sed lex"

xDodox

xDodox

Ein kühles Blondes

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

I tried attaching the file to the post, but i guess i cant do that or something, because it didnt show up.

Here's a download link.
http://www.2shared.com/file/tpcpym-f/Radarnet.html

(i always hate these download places, cuz they trick u into downloading stuff... but just click the blue download button about 2/3 way down the page)

FYI... For soeme reason i cant re-edit my first post. So could a MOD or someone who can, please delete this post, and put the download link into the first one? Oh, and delete the first line where it says it doesnt work, because it does now :)

You should upload your mod on this site in the download section. :yes:

NZXT Phantom big-tower - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Motherboard Rev 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair XMS3 RAM - ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB GDDR5 VRAM - Intel Core i7 CPU 2600k @ 5GHz - 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD - Logitech G510 Keyboard, G700 Mouse, G930 Headset

Posted Image

kjel0112

kjel0112

Flanders Pigeon Murderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

Just tested it out. It's not bad at all. Keep up the good work. I myself will wait for Snipers Dashcam v2 since I prefer a dashcam feature.

"Dura lex, sed lex"

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationMaine

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Just to toss it out there, there is a 4 minute window in which normal members can edit their own posts.

I think I'll give this a try; I tried Sniper's Dashcam but I'm not really the dashcam type.

edit: yeah, you should upload it do the download section here too.

Edited by Iconography, 29 August 2011 - 11:58 AM.

-Iconography
Asst. Community Manager

If responding to me in the forums, please quote me so I am alerted.  I likely won't reply if you don't quote me.
Please do not send me messages for support!  Community or moderation related messages are encouraged.

Dandado

Dandado

I smile because i have no idea what's going on.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

could someone make a video of this mod?

Please visit an subscribe on my youtube channel to see some LCPD:FR HD videos http://www.youtube.c...o1?feature=mhee

rushlink

rushlink

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

Im having problems getting it onto the download section. It keeps saying that there is a database error or something.

Iconography

Iconography

Staff

• Community Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationMaine

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

Yeah I have had the problem too, I think the developers are making changes to the downloads section right now. I'm not sure when it will be working again.

Edit: downloaded your mod btw. Good work, it works perfectly.

Edited by Iconography, 30 August 2011 - 03:54 AM.

-Iconography
Asst. Community Manager

If responding to me in the forums, please quote me so I am alerted.  I likely won't reply if you don't quote me.
Please do not send me messages for support!  Community or moderation related messages are encouraged.

GUnit1422

GUnit1422

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

Works like a charm, thank you ! Btw is there any chance i can set it to km/h instead of mph ?

Posted Image

"If you run, you'll only go to jail tired !"

TheDJ

TheDJ

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Been looking for this EVERYWHERE for the past few days and finally found it, Great work, works perfect
Posted Image

Nutt

Nutt

Where there is no righteousness, wickedness will follow.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I love it too, however I wish it was a way of changing the font size. My lettering is huge because of the ENB/ICE super-sample resolution that I use... this also happens with Braveheart policing tools mod. Something that "binds or restricts" the font size to 1920x1080 resolution, like LCPD:FR does.

CHUCKSTA

CHUCKSTA

Rusty Brown's Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hey if i stick this radar.net.dll file in my script folder, am i still using the gpt_radar1 files and use the police tools?, iam hearing renaming hand gun in place of the radar,,,,,im lost :(

LUCKYCHARM495

LUCKYCHARM495

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

hey do any one still have this mod i know its part of the dash cam but i want just this radar plz plz help me every download is bad

Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner

3ds Max Modeler, Texture Artist

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationNortheast, United States

• Retired staff

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

www.2shared.com/file/tpcpym-f/Radarnet.html

@chucksta If you use the police tools a radar hud is built into it no need for rushlinks script. If you are however, one of the unlucky people that the script doesn't work some poeple have renamed it with say the taser or MP5 or whatever (basically any model that you can spawn without that script). It's not going to look right though if you replace weapons like the rpg. The whole spawning issue is out of my expertise and was one of the reasons I held of releasing any of the radar/lidar models since spawning them in game was an issue.

logowhiteo.png

For all my releases click my logo above

"The strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" -Rudyard Kipling

CHUCKSTA

CHUCKSTA

Rusty Brown's Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

@ Ridgerunner, I gotcha on that....you are right, i even had some punk spray my Beantown cruiser down with a radar....lol Guess we gonna have to just sit and wait...

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users