Everything changes.

Welcome to the brand new LCPDFR.com - we're on IPS Community Suite 4, ready for GTA 5.

We've upgraded our community software to IPS Community Suite 4.

Current Status: Development Recent Images Download Filtering Featured Downloads Forum Reorganisation Profiles & Avatars

We will soon be launching a news feed for GTA V, containing the latest information on developments in the modding community. Also, once mods start to be released and projects undertaken, we'll be inviting developers to contribute towards this feed.

Will GTA 5 be available on PC?

56 posts in this topic

Posted

So GTA 5 will be released on September 7th I've heard, and there will be a PC version available right? Also, if there is, can I pre-order it now or is there a certain time reserved for PC for people to preorder? I know Xbox and PS3 is available to preorder, how about PC? 

Thanks

Posted

there are rumors about a pc version, but nothing has been confirmed from rockstar. 

If they release a pc version it will be at least 6 months after the xbox and ps3 release

Posted

We have absolutely no clue 

Posted

Nobody knows at the moment.

Hopefully it does come to the PC.

Posted

Usually when a new game comes out, it will first come out for consoles (just like IV), then later on, it will be avaliable for PC.

Posted

[A PC version is merely] up for consideration [...] That’s all I can give you. The main thing is we are not… we are a third-party publisher. We’re not Nintendo, we’re not Sony, we’re not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there’s the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market.

That's what Dan Houser (the godfather of GTA) said to PCG.

As much as I'd love to have GTA V for PC, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Posted

I heard some say no and some say yes and like stinkace2 said, it does take a few months to come out after the console release. 

If it comes out for the PC I will be so excited but its going to take up a lot of HDD space just because the is so much more objects and the map is like 5x bigger than GTA:IV's map.

I'm really looking for it for the consoles though!

Posted

I predict yes, but clearly it will be after it is released on the console. This is because Rockstar can make money off that first then make money on the PC. The More it is on the more money they make, the happier they are.  

Posted

Anything is possible

Posted

I heard some say no and some say yes and like stinkace2 said, it does take a few months to come out after the console release. 

If it comes out for the PC I will be so excited but its going to take up a lot of HDD space just because the is so much more objects and the map is like 5x bigger than GTA:IV's map.

I'm really looking for it for the consoles though!

I doubt it'll be too big... Current gen consoles are going to need to run it :P Most gamers already have their HDDs full of stuff over the past 7 or so years of gaming on these consoles, so Rockstar better make sure that it's not too large.

Posted

I doubt it'll be too big... Current gen consoles are going to need to run it :P Most gamers already have their HDDs full of stuff over the past 7 or so years of gaming on these consoles, so Rockstar better make sure that it's not too large.

I hope its not. I wouldn't care, I would by another HDD just to play GTA V. I <3 GTA :wub2:

Posted

i hear it's coming out on the console around november.

Posted

It's coming out on console on September 17th, this year.

Posted (edited)

What he said ^

Edited by LibertyEMS

Posted

going by what R* has done with other games, they won't be have a PC at launch but maybe in afew months, 

Posted

Even if they don't i'll just play it on console. Look at the bright side of things. :)

Posted

You can read all the news on rockstargames.com

Posted

I don't get why GTA gets delayed but Max Payne 3 launched at the same time though. That shows they can launch the titles side by side if they want to.

Posted

I don't get why GTA gets delayed but Max Payne 3 launched at the same time though. That shows they can launch the titles side by side if they want to.

Because GTA V PC isn't planned. It's just up for consideration.

Posted

The CEO said on Facebook (Status mistake): "Making: GTAV PS3, GTAV XBOX, GTAVPC"

Bron: Nu.nl

Posted

I think it will be for pc you just might to wait a few months

I think it will be for pc you just might to wait a few months

Posted

Rockstar is a brilliant company and they've had loads of success with the GTA titles in the past. I think that a PC version is definitely planned and will be released several months after the console release. They do this because the know that anybody who is a fan of GTA on PC will probably buy the console version first, then purchase the PC version a few months later. They make double to profit over just releasing them both at the same time, because PC owners will just get the PC version. 

Max Payne had both released at the same time because R* knew that Max Payne wasn't the type of game you'd buy twice, so they just released it for everybody at the same time.

Hilth0 and taximan5 like this

Posted

Rockstar is a brilliant company and they've had loads of success with the GTA titles in the past. I think that a PC version is definitely planned and will be released several months after the console release. They do this because the know that anybody who is a fan of GTA on PC will probably buy the console version first, then purchase the PC version a few months later. They make double to profit over just releasing them both at the same time, because PC owners will just get the PC version. 

Max Payne had both released at the same time because R* knew that Max Payne wasn't the type of game you'd buy twice, so they just released it for everybody at the same time.

I agree with that post 100%

Posted

But the Max Payne franchise is smaller and riskier in terms of a PC release however. Yeah they had two seperate games before but they were developed by GoD (I believe, I may be wrong on that), whereas something like GTA is a massive, massive hit.

Posted

I read somewhere that if there was a PC version it wouldn't be until 6 months after console release. I honestly doubt it as the sales are so much smaller on pc compared to console, however if there is enough support then they will, any company, if they see a profit in it, will do it.