Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 133,046 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

Bandicam vs Fraps

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

Arapahoe2012

Arapahoe2012

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I am thinking about starting a "Let's Play" of GTA IV and I was wondering which is easiest to use bandicam or fraps. I have downloaded both, and cannot get fraps to work, but bandicam seems pretty strait forward. My question is Which one do you think is easiest to use?  Also if someone could post a step by stem tutorial on how to use fraps, like getting it launched and everything. I looked on youtube and I found a video that wasn't very helpful. 

Thanks! 

-Him1250

8q6mz.jpg

Wanna join a cool modding site? Click on the photo!

St.Kizza

St.Kizza

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

I use Fraps. But i bought it.  Fraps works very good for me. But remember the better quality you want to record with the more space you need. 30 seconds with 60 fps 30 fps would end up around 1,5 or so gigabytes. So i recommend a big harddrive. And also get a videoediting program so you can compress the videofile. :-)

Edited by St.Kizza, 02 June 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Force of Authority in my own home
Posted Image
Check out my youtubechannel for some Norwegian LCPD:FR action and more.
http://www.youtube.com/user/stkizza?feature=results_main

CrossFire

CrossFire

Google+, The Detroit of Social Media.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationSt Clair County, Alabama, United States, North America

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I would use Bandicam if I were you, when I used Fraps it was very low quality, but now I use Bandicam and it looks HD.

Edited by Grant Matos, 30 May 2013 - 02:50 PM.

rules_gif_13554.gif

<19:02:40> "Michael": i think i want to be a taxi driver
<19:07:30> "Grant | CrossFire": man u got to know u want to be a taxi driver not think it becuz in te end either u r or u arent and if you arent you never got to be wat you wanted to be and that would b said because all ur life you wanted to b a taxi driver but you nvr did and youll live all ur life saying i never got to do it and then youll get depressed and youll live your life just depressed com on man no one wants to live there life depressed u know wat im sayin man

Arapahoe2012

Arapahoe2012

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I went with bandicam. 

8q6mz.jpg

Mustu

Mustu

"The camera rental place is closing soon!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

BANDICAM, BANDICAM, BANDICAM. Files are smaller, better quality, and easier to use. 

SCNG FTW!!

If you would like to see my mods, please click here

AND NEVAR EVAR EVAR PM ME FOR SUPPORT (KTHNXBYE <3)

spreilly

spreilly

C/CMSgt, Executive Officer, Tamiami Composite Sq., US Civil Air

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

I used to use Fraps, but Bandicam seems like the better product to me.

spreilly - GPM Public Relations

DMcLflG.jpg

TheLocalKing

TheLocalKing

Rusty Brown's Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Bandicam. Fraps dont work for me either

TheLocalKing
@Corey_Nase

TomahawkGaming

TomahawkGaming

Monkey with a RPG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

I use Bandicam. It has better quality, smaller file size, and works better with my computer than Fraps.

Join The Best Clan Ever! http://www.lcdoj.com/

Subscribe to the best GTA V Player ever! http://www.youtube.c...TheSurprisingHD

InnermostZero

InnermostZero

Teamwork is Unstoppable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

I use fraps.

I use Fraps. But i bought it.  Fraps works very good for me. But remember the better quality you want to record with the more space you need. 30 seconds with 60 fps would end up around 1,5 or so gigabytes. So i recommend a big harddrive. And also get a videoediting program so you can compress the videofile. :-)

Would me having a small hard drive result in the recording being cut off like after 30 seconds?

Edited by InnermostZero, 31 May 2013 - 07:26 PM.

hlsavior

hlsavior

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationHillsborough, NJ

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

FRAPS. If you want to look professional at all use FRAPS.

p8ARJJS.png
To request a car go here. My latest thing:

Spoiler

willpv23

willpv23

Strooper

• Community Team
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationNew York

• Moderator in Training

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Would me having a small hard drive result in the recording being cut off like after 30 seconds?

Did you buy it and activate it? Fraps's free version cut off is 30 seconds, whereas Bandicam's is 10 minutes.

I use Bandicam. The files are much much smaller. I used the Fraps free version and 30 seconds of video took up as much space as 5 minutes on Bandicam at the same quality (might be exaggerated a bit, but the Fraps file size was rather large for only 30 seconds).

Edit:

What do you mean professional? They record the screen the same way, so how does Fraps make it look professional?

Edited by willpv23, 31 May 2013 - 07:54 PM.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing." -@_svnin

InnermostZero

InnermostZero

Teamwork is Unstoppable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Did you buy it and activate it? Fraps's free version cut off is 30 seconds, whereas Bandicam's is 10 minutes.

I use Bandicam. The files are much much smaller. I used the Fraps free version and 30 seconds of video took up as much space as 5 minutes on Bandicam at the same quality (might be exaggerated a bit, but the Fraps file size was rather large for only 30 seconds).

As far as I know Id o, the only thing I dislike about bandicam is the '' www.badicam.com '' on the middle of the screen.

DarthWound

DarthWound

Vaping with ProtankII + iTasteSVD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

I don't see why it'll make you more pro than Bandicam.

Just because it was one of the first game recorder and because all COD 12yr old players have Fraps ?

edit : if I sound rude, sorry, that's not my goal.

As will said, the final product is a video with HD quality, not too big file size. But you may need to know how to tweak the presets.

---

About watermark "www.bandicam.com" on top and time limitation, just buy it, or use Dxtory which is free and not too bad.

Edited by DarthWound, 31 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

willpv23

willpv23

Strooper

• Community Team
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationNew York

• Moderator in Training

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm uploading a video now comparing the two (same video recorded with both Bandicam (paid for version) and Fraps (free version)). Both set to full screen, recording at 30 FPS for the same amount of time. Bandicam file is 220 MB, Fraps file is 943 MB. I'll post it here when it's done.

Edit: Actually the Bandicam file is 6 seconds longer (it ran for 35 seconds, Fraps cut off at 29 seconds). I edited the video so they are closer to the same length, though.

Edit 2: Here's the video, just refresh in about 10-15 minutes. I have to leave, so I can't wait for it to finish uploading Finished faster than I expected.

Edited by willpv23, 31 May 2013 - 08:28 PM.

hlsavior

hlsavior

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Do people even know why FRAPS lags computers? It writing 1080p (or whatever res) screenshots COMPLETELY UNCOMPRESSED at 30 per second. You will not, no matter what, achieve better picture quality then when you use FRAPS. People often don't see a difference because they render their videos with shit settings. FRAPS is physically better then Bandicam, because it actually records the game it self, not a compressed copy. This is also why the files are so large. Just put them in an editor and render them WITH GOOD SETTINGS. That, my friend, is how you look professional. When you can full-screen 1080p and have no artifacts, stalled pixels, or vertical desync.

I use fraps.

This is because you don't have the paid version.

I use Fraps. But i bought it.  Fraps works very good for me. But remember the better quality you want to record with the more space you need. 30 seconds with 60 fps would end up around 1,5 or so gigabytes. So i recommend a big harddrive. And also get a videoediting program so you can compress the videofile. :-)

Something is wrong there because I can record 1800 seconds and end up with 32Gb of space used, not 90Gb. I also have a FRAPS exclusive hard drive.

All in all, FRAPS is absolutely better quality. You can not argue with it. If you are experiencing better quality using Bandicam, you are rendering incorrectly.

Sorry if this post was bitchy but I wanted to get the information out.

Edited by hlsavior, 31 May 2013 - 08:41 PM.

p8ARJJS.png

Spoiler

DarthWound

DarthWound

Vaping with ProtankII + iTasteSVD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

lol, and as I said if you tune Bandicam presets correctly you'll have a pro rendering as well.

And don't worry, I know how to use an editor too.

Well, it sounds a bit like fanboyism (unfortunately, a bit arrogant too), but you have your opinion, I respect that.

But, anyway, if you really want to look pro, Fraps is a childish toy beside specialized acquisition and capture hardware tools.

Just to mention that I'm not a Bandicam fanboy, I used Fraps since ~10 years ago and I liked it, really, but since approx a year I switched on Bandicam and I don't regret at all.

I really don't care what people use, but when someone is saying something like "you don't look like a pro with Bandicam", I always feel like this ^^

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Try out both see which ones you like that's what I'm doing.. I've been using bandicam and it's okay but I've heard of some FPS loss with bandicam but not sure how true that is. I think both are great but you really need to try em out for yourself instead of getting others opinions because that's just how products work lol.

I also use movie maker from Microsoft to edit and turn the videos into movies. heres the link to movie maker if you don't know yet http://windows.micro...ker#t1=overview

Good luck !

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

willpv23

willpv23

Strooper

• Community Team
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationNew York

• Moderator in Training

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Both the Bandicam and Fraps video were put in Windows Live Movie Maker (easy to use for new video editor like myself, free, and comes installed with Windows) then saved as 1080p.

Edit: The only difference I notice is that the Bandicam video shows more lag than the Fraps video, which shouldn't be a problem if your game is running higher than 30 FPS while recording (mine was about 20). I don't know which was more resource intensive while I recorded that because I was just recording the same thing with both programs at the same time.

Bandicam recording settings:

91kikk.png

Fraps recording settings:

6yjmzc.png

Edited by willpv23, 31 May 2013 - 08:56 PM.

hlsavior

hlsavior

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

lol, and as I said if you tune Bandicam presets correctly you'll have a pro rendering as well.

And don't worry, I know how to use an editor too.

Well, it sounds a bit like fanboyism (unfortunately, a bit arrogant too), but you have your opinion, I respect that.

But, anyway, if you really want to look pro, Fraps is a childish toy beside specialized acquisition and capture hardware tools.

Just to mention that I'm not a Bandicam fanboy, I used Fraps since ~10 years ago and I liked it, really, but since approx a year I switched on Bandicam and I don't regret at all.

I really don't care what people use, but when someone is saying something like "you don't look like a pro with Bandicam", I always feel like this ^^

I'm not a FRAPS fanboy, And i don't know how talking about tech makes me seem like one, if anything it seems like the opposite. Anyway tuning Bandicam doesn't effect rendering what so ever. I've used bandicam before, and even have proof of it. I'm know that FRAPS is better. Clearly we'll never convince each other otherwise but at least other users are getting information from this.

p8ARJJS.png

Spoiler

Arapahoe2012

Arapahoe2012

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

Damn this post has just blown up! I went with bandicam. I have 2 LCPDFR Videos recorded and are currently being uploaded to youtube. 

8q6mz.jpg

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users