Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 133,056 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

Problems with LCPDFR. ALT+P doesnt work.

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
This support issue is OPEN. Feel free to add an answer. If you'd like to ask your own question, create a new topic instead of replying to this one.
20 replies to this topic

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Greetings!

I've just bought and installed Grand Theft Auto IV. The game works great and runs smooth. My problem tho is when I installed LCPDFR it seemed to be cool, but when I ran my game as Admin. ALT+P woudln't work. I have ofcourse read the "NEED SUPPORT? READ THIS FIRST." Thread and followed every step. Still not workng. I also tried to download the G17 Media IV Diagnostics Tool, but when I tried to open the rar file it said thaat the file was unkown or damaged. 

LCPDFR is installed to:   D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts

D: is not the partition I have windows installed on, but it shouldn't matter? It's the same HDD just not the   same partition.

Any help would be much appreciated! If there's anything I can do to make it easier for you guys, please tell me.

Joelle

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Greetings!

I've just bought and installed Grand Theft Auto IV. The game works great and runs smooth. My problem tho is when I installed LCPDFR it seemed to be cool, but when I ran my game as Admin. ALT+P woudln't work. I have ofcourse read the "NEED SUPPORT? READ THIS FIRST." Thread and followed every step. Still not workng. I also tried to download the G17 Media IV Diagnostics Tool, but when I tried to open the rar file it said thaat the file was unkown or damaged. 

LCPDFR is installed to:   D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts

D: is not the partition I have windows installed on, but it shouldn't matter? It's the same HDD just not the   same partition.

Any help would be much appreciated! If there's anything I can do to make it easier for you guys, please tell me.

Joelle

I don't think it matters which partition the game is installed on as long as windows can run it from there but I haven't tried that as of yet. I usually run GTA on the same partition as windows. I have gamestop digital download and I have a backed up copy with just LCPDFR on it, that i have on a separate partition, however I only have copied it to C: windows and played separate from my Gamestope DG download installed with no big issues.

Also you mentioned that you had installed LCPDFR and it "seemed" to be cool, does that mean that it worked before or that it hasn't?

and for GTAiv Diag, which program mentioned damaged, was it windows or a anti-virus? and what is you operating system?

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Hello, no LCDPFR never worked for me, it just "seemed to be cool" because the installation went well. It was Windows, not my antivirus! I'm running windows 7.

Another question, do I need to login with Windows Live-ID when I open GTA IV? If so thats probably the problem because I haven't made a Windows Live-ID account.

Joelle

Edited by martin.joelle, 02 May 2013 - 11:05 PM.

James

James

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Have you tried disabling your antivirus quickly and re-downloading/re-installing? I've had troubles with other apps because Kaspersky would always delete or quarantine my files without asking. 

The fact that the diagnostics tool doesn't work makes me assume that. 

Former LCPDFR Staff

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Should I just redownload and install the mod then? Not the full game?

When I try to install in now, it roughly says: 

"  The version of this file is not compatible with you version. Check which version you are running on your computer, Check if you need a x(86) or x64 version of the program, and then contact the seller.  "

Using this download link: http://www.lcpdfr.co...first-response/

Edited by martin.joelle, 03 May 2013 - 01:39 AM.

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Should I just redownload and install the mod then? Not the full game?

When I try to install in now, it roughly says: 

"  The version of this file is not compatible with you version. Check which version you are running on your computer, Check if you need a x(86) or x64 version of the program, and then contact the seller.  "

Using this download link: http://www.lcpdfr.co...first-response/

what version of windows do you have is it 64 bit or 32(x86) bit ?

make sure either way you have this version of c++ 2010 

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555

and not x64 as that was my problem with the compatibility issue. Hope that helps.

-OfficerDetroit

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

My windows 7 is x64 but my C++ 2010 is x86.

Should I uninstall all of my 2005 and 2008 versions? Its many of them.

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

My windows 7 is x64 but my C++ 2010 is x86.

Should I uninstall all of my 2005 and 2008 versions? Its many of them.

no no you shouldn't have to uninstall those.

it may be different for you maybe you need the x64 version of 2010 but i;m not thinking so.

for now I'll look into some things but not certain what is going on over your end.

Helpful to post what you have as in specs computer wise and your gta directory (read only or is it write?)

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Read only is was Checked, but I took it off as I heard was the right to do :P 

My computer specs is more than good enough for GTA IV, post my GTA directory, what do u mean? is it: D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts

u mean? Coz I already posted it at my first post.

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Read only is was Checked, but I took it off as I heard was the right to do :P 

My computer specs is more than good enough for GTA IV, post my GTA directory, what do u mean? is it: D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts

u mean? Coz I already posted it at my first post.

oh ok my bad.

how about your user account access controls, I lowered mine as that was an issue when launching from my GameStop DD app.

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

No problem. I have GTA IV on steam. What do you mean, and how do I lower my account access? :)

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

No problem. I have GTA IV on steam. What do you mean, and how do I lower my account access? :)

ok, for me it's under control panel in user accounts... I follow that way...

as an update what is it still till you when you go to launch from either you main directory or from steam.

Attached Files

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Ye thats off. Hmm.. But I uninstalled gta IV and LCDPFR, but it doesnt seem to work to install, because it says the rar file is uknown or damaged.

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ye thats off. Hmm.. But I uninstalled gta IV and LCDPFR, but it doesnt seem to work to install, because it says the rar file is uknown or damaged.

Hmmmm.. have you tried a different zip program?

here's a link to 7-zip  http://download.cnet...4-10045185.html

not sure why it's telling you it is damaged or unknown, that makes me think your anti-virus program is the one causing the problems but not sure.

What anti-virus do you have?

Edited by PoliceOfficer Warner, 04 May 2013 - 09:26 PM.

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

I got it installed now and it works. Now I just wanna download some cool skins and stuff! Thanks for all the help man.

Joelle

Another problem is that every thing I download from lcpdfr.com is "uknown or damaged" .. I have AVG internet security.

CopForHire

CopForHire

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

I got it installed now and it works. Now I just wanna download some cool skins and stuff! Thanks for all the help man.

Joelle

Another problem is that every thing I download from lcpdfr.com is "uknown or damaged" .. I have AVG internet security.

get rid of AVG they suck! at least for me they let viruses by all the time.  Install this instead http://windows.micro...ntials-download

however your choice.

LCPDFR Full Supporter

-- Night Shifter --

martin.joelle

martin.joelle

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Ayhow, it works now, Im using firefox instead of Opera. But I have some other questions. When I install a new police car, how do I get rid of the old ones, looks kinda weird with norwegian police cars and the standar ones. Thanks in advance.

Joelle

Residentrednek

Residentrednek

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

I see that im not the only one with this issue. I bought the game via disk... installed game, works fine.. now here comes the issues.. I downloaded everything else but while in-game I try to switch over to lcpdfr using ALT + P.. nothing happens :( is there a chance that when downloaded it did not go in the right folder? if so which folder? So far its.. C-drive, program(86), Rockstar Games, GTA IV.... please help.. also installed the patch updates and have taken out file (dsound.dll) other wise game will not work period...  many thanks in advance

havocado

havocado

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

I see that im not the only one with this issue. I bought the game via disk... installed game, works fine.. now here comes the issues.. I downloaded everything else but while in-game I try to switch over to lcpdfr using ALT + P.. nothing happens :( is there a chance that when downloaded it did not go in the right folder? if so which folder? So far its.. C-drive, program(86), Rockstar Games, GTA IV.... please help.. also installed the patch updates and have taken out file (dsound.dll) other wise game will not work period...  many thanks in advance

it should look like this,when you choose path file when install LCPD:FR "(blablabla)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV" or you can try G17 Media Diagnostics ? http://www.lcpdfr.co...agnostics-tool/ <- this helps people alot, and post the first paragraph result. and see because you need to have (means i use this) :

GTAIV (1.0.7.0)

asiloader (XLiveLess.dll)

C++ Scripthook (Scripthook.net 0.5.1.0)

Scripthookdotnet (1.7.1.4 <-GTAIV, 1.7.1.7 <-EFLC)

OR: watch this entire post, maybe one of dem solutions working :)

@martin.joelle : you got that maybe when you're downloading either the file is finished before it finish downloading/the file is really corrupted....

@PoliceOfficer Warner : i use avg free 2013 :D avg not that sucks too by the way :P

Edited by havocado, 11 May 2013 - 12:27 PM.

CheifJohnson

CheifJohnson

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am having this same problem, i'm running GTA on windows 8. I installed lcpdfr once and it worked, but ELS didn't so i re-installed gta iv (disk version) and ever since the it just will not run everything is in the script file under gta iv but alt-p dose not work idk what to do ive re-installed gta about 8x in the past 3 days.

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users