Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 121587 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

Announcing ELS V7 (UPDATE 02/05)

REL

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
443 replies to this topic

Break

Break

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2757 posts
  • LocationKarlsruhe, Germany

• Retired moderator

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

NB,

Do you know if Lt..Caine has any intention in making it where we can just turn on the primary lights on either just the front or the back of the lightbar? If not, could you suggest it to him? This is a feature I think people would love to have.

Jorge

It's impossible because of the way ELS and the extras system in general works.

Due to the graphic nature of this post, reader discretion is advised.
untitled-11ps4m.jpg
Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4,4 GHz - 1,18 V Thermalright HR-02 Macho - 140mm PWM ASUS Z87-A2 x 8 GB Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600MHz (XMP) ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II Plextor M5 Pro 256 GB 
Please don't contact me via pm to request support.

Jorge

Jorge

Rusty Brown's Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

It's impossible because of the way ELS and the extras system in general works.

hhmm..Well. I was thinking...if he's able to have a secondary system(ie. the traffic advisor) Couldn't he make it just like that, where the lights would be on the same system, except red/blue lights with different flashing patterns?

Posted Image

NicolaiB

NicolaiB

COPS was so much better in the nineties

• Community Team
  • 3059 posts

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

It would be possible, but it would mean that every ELS car mod would not work properly with ELS V7.

Car modders can easily set up the rear part of the lightbar for only using the extra parts that are used for the secondary lights  with the current setup.

u9B34Nb.png

WIP thread                     Gallery

Jorge

Jorge

Rusty Brown's Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

cool. I knew there had to be a way lol.

Just need to get a modder to do just that.

Thx for the reply, V7 looks awesome on your vids by the way.

Posted Image

c13

c13

The Accountant

• Community Team
  • 2130 posts
  • LocationHangar 18

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

cool. I knew there had to be a way lol.

Just need to get a modder to do just that.

Thx for the reply, V7 looks awesome on your vids by the way.

See my post on the previous page

Whenever I see a gun free zone sign, I always think "Thank God only dangerous criminals will carry a gun here"

ECGadget

ECGadget

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMidlands

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

This looks absolutely 100% amazing, a lot of the features in here I've been wanting for a while!

Only one thing that I wish was possible, and that was that when the blues were on, but the twos weren't, the cars would still move out the way

=)

Spitfire7

Spitfire7

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

I think the biggest concern I have is regarding the takedowns.  We have alwasy been limited on this issue since extra 5 and 6 were coded to come on in primaires.  We always had to arrange our TA or takedowns accordingly to be compatible with primaires.  This often times made having realistic takedowns obsolete. 

Lets take the MX7000 lightbar as an example.  The LAPD MX7000 does not have flashing CENTER wig wag lights on the light bar itself.  The center lights for that light bar are ONLY for spotlight steady takedowns.  So before we could never use a realistic looking takedown feature for this bar.  I assume this may still be this way since extra 5 and 6 are the setting for takedowns.  So correct me if Im wrong here, will I be able to turn on my primary rotators without the extra 5 and 6 coming on?  If this were true, then I could have a realistic looking LAPD MX7000 as well a realistic takedown settings.  This same issue applied to many if not most vehicles.  The CHP Vision light bar also had this same issue.  I hope that is fixed.  That would be awesome!

I cannot wait for this thank you so much caine for the hours you have put in ! it is much appreciated! I just wondering if it will be able to be used with els v6 cars cause there are sooo many great models out there I would hate to have to use completely new ones! also the police department in my city (Coon rapids, Mn) only has the rear lights on the light bar flashing during traffic stops that would be a really cool feature if that is at all possible! Thanks again for your hard work!

This is very easy to do and has been done a lot.  I have arranged most of the cars I have to already do this for ELS V6.  I can use just front lights or just rear lights.  In ELS V6 we have 3 lighting options, but the 3rd is harder to get to.  This is what they made easier in ELS V7 I believe.  Here is another examples of this being done in ELS V6.

Edited by Spitfire7, 19 April 2013 - 09:33 AM.

Break

Break

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Testing Team
  • 2757 posts

• Retired moderator

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Is that changing between patterns on it's own?

Changing siren mode -> changing light pattern.

untitled-11ps4m.jpg
Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4,4 GHz - 1,18 V Thermalright HR-02 Macho - 140mm PWM ASUS Z87-A2 x 8 GB Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600MHz (XMP) ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II Plextor M5 Pro 256 GB 

EFox

EFox

The Foxiest modder alive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Changing siren mode -> changing light pattern.

Yeah, I saw that in the new video. I really can't wait for this.

BETA_signature.jpg

Beta Tester for:

NickieB

EVI

thejoel3803

thejoel3803

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

OMG!!! I WANT THIS SOOO BAD!!

Edited by thejoel3803, 20 April 2013 - 03:32 PM.

efjk

efjk

Officer Friendly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I still love ELS 4....stable. Great job guys on the new ELS so far. :turned:

Interested in joining a GTA Online crew? Go here, http://sanandreasstatepolice.enjin.com

TheLocalKing

TheLocalKing

Police Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

still takes no damage and millions of parts come off

TheLocalKing
@Corey_Nase

oldouglas

oldouglas

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

cant wait!!!

Spitfire7

Spitfire7

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

still takes no damage and millions of parts come off

A cool little trick for this is to use ELS A-07.  Parts wont come off.  The idea is that everytime a light refreshes it re-fixes the car.  Most light patterns actually flash and nothing is on for a moment and at that point the car is acceptable to damage and door loss.  In A-07 there is always a light on and the car is pretty much always protected and no more falling off doors.  Just a little trick to get rid of all the doors flying into the streets.  Caine and other modders working on this project, you might want to take this into consideration.  hint hint.

Carrythxd

Carrythxd

I have no idea what to write here.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

I freaking cant wait for this!

R28MeFX.jpg

Full HD LCPD:FR 1.0 Videos: https://www.youtube....EowYwrBjrwi_m0_

Xbox Live GT: Carrythxd

PSN: Carrythxd

Steam: Carrythxd

maj. stevie shae

maj. stevie shae

Volunteer Fire Fighter(Upstate NY)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

So its in my personal opinion that we the people are entitled to a release date. Its not fair to say that this is coming soon, every single week. We in clans are debating even using it because we don't know when it is released. We need more information to a timeframe and what's the current state

5ecfc755.png

Harper

Harper

Experienced Badass

• Community Team
  • 3182 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

POPULAR

So its in my personal opinion that we the people are entitled to a release date. Its not fair to say that this is coming soon, every single week. We in clans are debating even using it because we don't know when it is released. We need more information to a timeframe and what's the current state

Are you paying to use the modification?

No.

Therefore you aren't "entitled" to a release date. He's doing this for free and as such, you shouldn't pressure him

ZsCaATH.jpg

Email: harper@lcpdfr.com
/u/Harpersaurus  | The only crew focused on All-American Muscle, featuring the best drivers. The Skid Marks, now in Los Santos.

Unofficial /r/LCPDFR subreddit

Break

Break

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Testing Team
  • 2757 posts

• Retired moderator

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Like anyone cares if you use it or not.

untitled-11ps4m.jpg

EFox

EFox

The Foxiest modder alive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's attitudes like that that turn people off from modding. Caine is taking HIS free time to make an outstanding mod. I understand that you want to use it. Trust me, we all do. But you really aren't entitled to anything. As stated above, it's not like YOU are purchasing the mod. It is being made for free, it is being released for free, and it is going to be an amazing mod. So instead of asking "Are we there yet?" just sit back and enjoy the ride with the rest of us.

BETA_signature.jpg

Beta Tester for:

NickieB

EVI

MyHogs

MyHogs

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

If it's not too late for this...

Dual Siren Capabilities. Not sure how it would be implemented, but it would be REALLY cool if there was some way to implement the ability to control two sirens manually, or to offset them.

Something like this:

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users