Welcome to LCPDFR.com
Want to get involved? Make an account with us to start posting your own content, get full access to our massive downloads section, download files at a faster speed, and interact with 131,957 other members. Already a member? login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

advertise here

Photo

YT Partnership Offer

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

Reibu

Reibu

Upside-down Moderator

• Community Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hey guys, 

I recently got a message from a company called "Zoomin.TV" offering to partner my YouTube channel. I've never heard of this company before so I was very skeptical. I checked out their website and channel and they seemed legit but I'm honestly not sure if I should take the offer or not, it seems a little too good and I don't want to get screwed over. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this company because I did a Google search and read through some forums but the posters on them weren't sure if it was too good to be true or not either. 

Here's the original message I received, I removed the website links to not break the ToS :)

Spoiler

Edited by SharpCommand, 02 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

As this is an archived post, reputation is not available.

w3Yj2js.gif

Harper

Harper

Experienced Badass

• Community Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I've been offered many "partnerships" with these companies before and rejected every single one.

If you're planning to make money from youtube, stay solo. These companies will take a huge share of your earnings, if they are anything like machinia they'll have stupidly strict rules and can remove you from their company in a heartbeat but still keep your videos to gain views.

Stay with Youtube as a partner, its what I've done and although I'm not big enough to be making money just yet, its the best way to go imo. All those companies do is get you noticed.

ZsCaATH.jpg

Email: harper@lcpdfr.com
/u/Harpersaurus  | The only crew focused on All-American Muscle, featuring the best drivers. The Skid Marks, now in Los Santos.

Unofficial /r/LCPDFR subreddit

Reibu

Reibu

Upside-down Moderator

• Community Team
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the quick response Harper, I'll take your advice and stick with YouTube.

Once again, thanks for the advice.  :thumbsup:

w3Yj2js.gif

NicolaiB

NicolaiB

COPS was so much better in the nineties

• Community Team
  • 2,419 posts

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have been contacted by several "networks" offering me a  "partnership" with them, I investigate  each message, all of which were sent from channels that were trying to appear as either the official channel or as a subchannel for the network.

I have recieved two from "TGN", here's both messages in full:

Spoiler

I received that yesterday.

Spoiler

I checked with their "TGN recruiters page" both are not on that list.

I also received one from Zoomin.tv:

Spoiler

Zoomin.TV doesn't even apprear to be a gaming network or anything of the sort, it's a Dutch video sharing site.

Real networks will keep a record of anyone who they contact with offers, it will always be possible to verify this by contacting the real network.

There's two types of "fake" networks, the type as shown in the TGN messages where they appear as being from a large network, and the ones like zoomin.tv where they attempt to trick you into believing them.

Some of these are are credible than other, the first TGN message had a gmail address listed as well as a very strange Skype name, the second TGN message had the name he used as a skype name and his first name followed by @tgn.tv.

Their objective is to take money from you, they want a cut of your adense money, they will usually entice you by saying that you will get MORE than you would via adsense, this is simply not true, big networks such as machinima and the real TGN.tv will take a cut of your adense money, meaning you will make less than by partnering directly with YouTube, however the networks will grant you monetization licenses for all games out there.

Why would they send you an invitation, but still require you to fill out a normal application?

Don't trust anything that aren't sent from the official channels, and always attempt to verify their story before replying back.

You can always apply on one of the official websites or by partnering with YouTube directly.

u9B34Nb.png

WIP thread                     Gallery

Reibu

Reibu

Upside-down Moderator

• Community Team
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for clearing that up NB. That's really good to know since I'm not savvy when it comes to "partnerships" via YouTube and such. You guys have been a big help, I really appreciate it. 

I'll look around and try and find some official channels to partner with later in time once I get a bit bigger. I'm still quite a small channel atm.

Thanks again. :)

w3Yj2js.gif

NicolaiB

NicolaiB

COPS was so much better in the nineties

• Community Team
  • 2,419 posts

• Asst. Community Manager

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

A word of advice, YouTube are notorious for being hard with punishments, gaming videos are essentially a grey area, game companies hold power to shut down channels that have used  footage from their games, they do not have to present proof to YouTube itself, you're at the mercy of the company who created  the game once a video is flagged in the Content ID system, YouTube operates by a "three strikes" policy and it will be very hard to get a partnership with with YouTube or though partnership networks.

Your channel is shut down if you get three strikes, you can still access the backend, but all your videos will be gone and your channel inaccessible, this can happen as a result of the company flagging three videos for copyright infringement and issuing you with a strike for each, this can happen from one moment to the next, you will most likely be required to hire a solicitor and take the company to court if you wish to regain access to your channel.

u9B34Nb.png

WIP thread                     Gallery

Jay

Jay

Sam's maid (Go Germany!)

• Development Team
  • 2,448 posts

• Technical Manager

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Partnerships: We'll take all of your AdSense revenue, and other revenue, and we'll only give you a percentage!

It always ends in disaster. It's happened for a lot of big channels (e.g. RayWilliamJohnson) and most of them are now run by themselves.

Please don't PM me for LCPDFR support, use the support forum.
Want to donate to me? My bitcoin address is: 15mBNhg5vn37mYT8QgadBDYP7D1djqHQ6M

PursuitGamer6

PursuitGamer6

Im a yolostar ;p

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationFanegalaxy, North, Mars, Milkway, Mars.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

My advice: Do it not. And what @Jay says: "It always ends in disaster.". I know how it is.

<p>iam JuStFiRe- i lost my pass lol

sig.jpg

Whop whop... Im JuStFiRe-, but forget my pass

Warning!
Guest, the last post of this topic was over 30 days ago and you should not bump this topic, unless you have a very valid reason for doing so.
Bumping a topic for an invalid reason may be a community guidelines violation and your account may be sanctioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users