Everything changes.

Welcome to the brand new LCPDFR.com - we're on IPS Community Suite 4, ready for GTA 5.

IPS 4
We've been hard at work updating our community software to the brand new version, IPS Community Suite 4.

Current Status
Reconstructing: We're almost done reprocessing our community's data.

As we continue to work on the website, we hope you're all enjoying the newly released Grand Theft Auto V on PC!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SparkIV has stopped working....

Question

Posted

I've used Open IV when I mod the game. But the thing is, OpenIV still doesn't allow you to mod the sounds, which I REALLY REALLY want. I've done everything I've read on the internet. Just an FYI. I have GTA IV off of Steam. Ok, so I've manually updated GTA IV to the most recent update. I've installed the most recent Spark IV, and I've ran it on Administrator. I'm STILL getting the "SparkIV has stopped working" message RIGHT after I double click/or click run as admin. It doesn't even show it starting to work, it just does it RIGHT away.

So here are my specs so you know what I'm trying to run it on.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

System RAM: 8169 MB

CPU Name: Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

VRAM: 1023 MB

Primary Display Resolution: 1600x900

Free Hard Drive Space: 321160 MB

Total Hard Drive Space: 693400 MB

Can anyone help me out? This is absolutely stupid that I can't use this.

12 answers to this question

Posted

Try putting all spark iv files in the gta iv base folder.

Birdy1988 likes this

Posted

Try putting all spark iv files in the gta iv base folder.

Is the base folder the directory?

Posted

If I was you, I WOULD NOT put it in the directory.

Simple fix I use is to download sparkiv as a .rar/zip file. Instead of pulling out the .exe file, click extract to and extract it to a folder. (if the extracting doesnt work then pull out all of the files in the zip and put it in a folder by itself. Then highlight all the items and right click. Then click like make .rar file or something like that.)

So now when you want to use spark, you can open up the original .zip file using winrar everytime and you wont get an error. Its what i have been doing for about 6.5 months:D

If I have helped you out in any way, please click the green rep button to your right---->

Posted

Is the base folder the directory?

Yep :)

Posted

If I was you, I WOULD NOT put it in the directory.

Simple fix I use is to download sparkiv as a .rar/zip file. Instead of pulling out the .exe file, click extract to and extract it to a folder. (if the extracting doesnt work then pull out all of the files in the zip and put it in a folder by itself. Then highlight all the items and right click. Then click like make .rar file or something like that.)

So now when you want to use spark, you can open up the original .zip file using winrar everytime and you wont get an error. Its what i have been doing for about 6.5 months:D

If I have helped you out in any way, please click the green rep button to your right---->

I wish that helped me. That's what I WAS doing actually. I downloaded the mod and it gave me all the files in a zip folder. I extracted all the contents from the zip to a folder on my desktop and I would double click and also I would run as admin, the .exe and it wouldn't work.

Posted

For me, I wait a few seconds and it works. I'm not sure it will work for you though.

Posted

I wish that helped me. That's what I WAS doing actually. I downloaded the mod and it gave me all the files in a zip folder. I extracted all the contents from the zip to a folder on my desktop and I would double click and also I would run as admin, the .exe and it wouldn't work.

Keep it in winrar mode though. So you shouldnt have the exe file in a folder. It should be a folder, then SparkIV 0.6.9 with the stacked books winrar icon as the icon and then you double click that and it opens winrar's Sparkiv file which you can then open spark with. So you never move sparkiv.exe out of the actual winrar file.

Posted

uninstall spark 4 and then re install

Posted

Alright, @fschd1 I already did that. Like 6 times.

@beckugan1 Well isn't that the same as downloading it in BitZipper and opening the .exe in there? Because I do that and once again, I get not responding message.

Posted

What version are you using? 0.67 only works on EFLC. 0.68 works on GTA IV

Posted

0.69 works on both

Posted

Well I've stopped trying to use it.  I'm not going to go through the hassle even though it would be AWESOME if it worked.  Thank you everyone for the help.