Everything changes.

Welcome to the brand new LCPDFR.com - we're on IPS Community Suite 4, ready for GTA 5.

We've upgraded our community software to IPS Community Suite 4.

Current Status: Development Recent Images Download Filtering Featured Downloads Forum Reorganisation Profiles & Avatars

We will soon be launching a news feed for GTA V, containing the latest information on developments in the modding community. Also, once mods start to be released and projects undertaken, we'll be inviting developers to contribute towards this feed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDLC MOD

80 votes

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I've seen for a while now that people have been looking for some thing that let's you be a fire fighter similar to LCPD:FR letting you be a police officer. I've just finished one year of C#/C++ Scripting class's and I'm ready to take the challenge! I'm not making any promise's yet. However I am going to begin working on making something like this. Some features I'm planning on including in the alpha version are very basic, just basic enough to play with it a bit, some simple things to do would be making it possible for fire trucks/ambulances to automatically spawn in all the fire stations. As far as interiors go for the fire station, I might need some help with that, I'm no good with Zmodeler and things like that. If anyone else would like to help, it would make this project take about 1-2 months as opposed to 3-9 months. I will make a full pack of Liberty City Emergency Services regardless of if this script is released or not. Thank you! Please leave you thoughts/feeling/comments bellow!

Posted

Sounds like a great mod but im not any help with that stuff ^

Posted

Yeah, it'll be a challenge all right, but it'll be pretty dang epic when it's done! :turned:

Posted

Maybe i can help with the zmodeler part, am not a expert but i can do all the basics and more so yeah.

Posted

Great!

Posted

Mordecki is already doing one.

Posted

Mordecki is already doing one.

for ambulance. I have seen it and it is sick

Posted

Be warned... The FDLC idea is cursed. Many have tried, none succeeded. But if you actually make it through, Ill be downloading it! The FDLC mod is kind of like and Indiana Jones adventure, save for the fact that it hasn't ended positively for Indy.

GtaGamerCop and Double Doppler like this

Posted

I just talked to mordecki personally yesterday, he still isn't sure if he will release his medic mod or not. he is having some issues with some things and nobody is willing to help him. so if you know anyone with modidng/coding skills, get with him if you are willing to help him out...

Posted

Haha, I'd be willing to help him, if he were willing to help me :)

Posted

Personally, I would love both a FDLC and EMS mod, I would gladly incorporate these in to my clan if they where to be released.

Posted

Awesome, Faracus, I'll try and make that happen! xD

Posted

Sounds like it should be a great mod! Hopefully you actually finish it!

Good luck!

Posted

Any help you can count one me

Posted

Great! I'll send you some PM's later

Posted

This sounds great. I plan of being a firefighter in real life

GtaGamerCop likes this

Posted

Me too, Andrew!

Russ1544 likes this

Posted

This has great potential. I'd definatly download it. I have no scripting or modding skills at all though, so I can't help you haha. I think burning cars would get boring after a while. Hardest part would be incorporating burning buildings into this.

Posted

Personally i'm not very interested in Fire Dept. stuff. BUT i think it will be great for people who are.

Posted

Me too, Andrew!

Awsome !!! (:

Posted

Burning buildings would be easy to do. Spawn the fire objects and place them on the building, and then set them to dissapear once water has been on it for a certain amount of time.......

I can also help with modelling should you need me.

Posted

You should also add a failure condition, if the fire consumes the whole building it is considered as destroyed, add a random chance for the fire to jump within a set range (this should simulate the protocol for spraying close by objects with water), add a random chance that a point can re-ignite.