Traffic Flow V5

53 posts in this topic

Posted

TRAFFIC FLOW V5

An update to Traffic Flow has been requested by quite a lot of people and today, after installing some car mods for the first time in ages - I felt motivated to update TFM.

Unlike previous versions, TFM V5 doesn't actually spawn any cars, instead it loads between 2 to 5 randomly selected vehicles from a configurable vehicle pool into GTA IV's memory, making the game prioritise those cars to be spawned rather than taxis. This results in the traffic becoming much more diverse and partially solves the 'taxi bug'.

In the TrafficFlow.ini, there is a vehicle pool with 20 models, you can change these models around as you please. The default TrafficFlow.ini file seems to provide a fairly balanced traffic composition, however.

Be warned, if you are running GTA IV with anything under 2GB of RAM, you shouldn't use this script or any car mods at all.

Download: http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13

xDodox, Sniper296 and Cyan like this

Posted

Are you going to put the update you made on the GPM site on this website?

Posted

Yay! Gotta download this later.

Posted

Unfortunately my game crashes more often now.

Is it a bug?

Having 3GB RAM, 1GB Graphic RAM, 2x 3.0 Ghz

-- Mythos

Posted

Fantastic. This pretty much irradiates the taxi glitch. Thanks for the work you put into it.

Posted

That's cool! Thanks for the great work!

Say, what Asiloader would you guys recommend?

I've been browsing the mod sites and have found links to Alexander's Asiloader, Xliveless and Yaasil.

Now, XLiveless does some other stuff too that I don't really need, and concerning the other two I haven't been able to determine whether they work with 1.0.7.0...

Or is an Asiloader included in LCPDFR?

Sorry if that question is a nooby one, but I am fairly new to all this stuff.

Posted

Try Alexander's Asiloader (dsound) first if that doesn't work try yaasil, both should work with 1.0.7.0, Dsound is included by default with LCPDFR.

Posted

Try Alexander's Asiloader (dsound) first if that doesn't work try yaasil, both should work with 1.0.7.0, Dsound is included by default with LCPDFR.

So with LCPDFR already installed, I don't need any other software (Asiloader, .NET scripthook) then?

Thanks for the fast answer and for taking the time to point everything out for me :biggrin:

Posted

Yes, LCPDFR will automatically install an asiloader and ScriptHook. You do however must have .NET Framework 4 and C++ 2010 Redistributable.

Posted

Possibly related to you mythos, it should be worth noting for those of you (like me) still on 32-bit platforms, that processes are limited to 2GB in a process max, period, without LAA enabled which will let it get up to around 3~.

As far as I recall I believe GTA IV is LAA capable (I think this may even be covered elsewhere in the forum), so you may want to do a fast google search for 'Large Address Aware' and your Windows version (I recall how to do it on XP, but not Vista/Win7)

Posted

Is it necessary to remove TrafficFlow to play non-Trainer Multiplayer? I've left it in and there seems to be no problem.

Posted

Is the link down?

Because i`ve got not the permission for the website

Posted

Is the link down?

Because i`ve got not the permission for the website

Try now.

Posted

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Sry but i can`t edit my post so i make a new one: How to install it, i read the readme but in my script folder only stands things from LCPDFR

Merged - Sniper296

Posted

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Sry but i can`t edit my post so i make a new one: How to install it, i read the readme but in my script folder only stands things from LCPDFR

Merged - Sniper296

Just place TrafficFlow.net.dll and TrafficFlow.ini in your Scripts folder.

Posted

Thats the Problem i understand what i should do but my scripts file look like that http://bluezeck.bl.funpic.de/bild.php/1933,scriptsfileQ95TX.jpg

Posted

That's fine, just put them in that folder with the other files.

Posted

i got no other file :ermm:

Sry but i cant edit :ermm:

Can you maybe show me a Screenshot or a video of the instalation?

Merged - Sniper296

Posted

Sry but i cant edit :ermm:

Can you maybe show me a Screenshot or a video of the instalation?

See attachment.

Exakt785 likes this

Posted

Used to use it, but it makes my textures disappear.

Posted

And without it it causes only taxis and police vehicles to spawn with ELS. Gotta have a trade-off somewhere

Posted

Thank yo, maybe im just to stupid for this but now it works :thumbsup:

Posted

And without it it causes only taxis and police vehicles to spawn with ELS. Gotta have a trade-off somewhere

Exactly

Posted (edited)

Just a heads up, I really like this mod. It's the only one that works for me when using high quality car packs.

However, I hate being limited to only 20 vehicles.

Why only 20? I'm forced to only see less than 1/5 of all the available cars because the game never touches any of the vehicles outside of the pool.

From doing a bit of digging, there should be 120+ regular vehicles in GTA IV. If the pool could be expanded to cover most of that, it would make the game much more realistic.

BTW, I figured out that you can make multiple copies of the .dll and .ini in the script folder. This way you can program each .ini with different vehicles.

However, whenever you have more than 2 .ini's, despite how you set the update interval, the game will eventually crash. I suspect this is because you cannot have too many .ini's accessing the game's memory at once.

Hopefully the author of this mod can take a look. If a much larger pool could be made into the next version, we'd have a 100% guaranteed fix for all the car mods out there. Or you could even have multiple pools of 20 within one .ini and let the user pick if the pools will be read in sequence or random selected.

Edited by thogan2012

Posted

What I do, is I use Traffic Flow V5 and Traffic Control at the same time. I use Traffic Flow to spawn the cars you would see most in NYC (LC) and responding emergency vehicles and Traffic Control to spawn buses and write random cars to the memory. That's probably the best solution, at least for me.