PgUp

Month in Review: June

Welcome to the revamped Month in Review!  This month we’re focusing on every area of the site, including site uploads like vehicles, scripts, and textures as well as media that involves LSPDFR like gallery uploads and a video by one of our awesome players!  Get ready to go down memory lane, the Month in Review starts here!

June was no doubt one of the most action-packed months we’ve had so far this year in regards to Grand Theft Auto modding. June 2017 was no doubt forged into PC gaming and modding history book with Take Two Interactive’s brief ka-fuffle with OpenIV (the result of which you can read about here).

More localised though, it was a big month here on LCPDFR.com as well - we had some amazing releases as well as on June 27th we hit our 250,000 member milestone! Now more than a quarter of a million people call LSPDFR their community.

Alright now, time to have a gander at some of the good stuff that June had to offer!

Site Uploads

Vehicle Mods
LSPD Pack [ELS] by @thegreathah

Everybody loves car packs! They’re easy, convenient and always contain top-notch work. In June thegreathah graced us with a LSPD pack with some tough looking models made for ELS. I personally love car packs which use real life models, but with lore-friendly skins. Go check out the pack below.

Ford Police Responder Hybrid [ELS] by @heuuu

This one’s for you tree huggers! Have you found yourself concerned about your virtual carbon footprint within Los Santos while on duty? Angry that the department had only funded gas-guzzling V8’s and bulky SUV’s? No more! heuuu’s latest release has given us the opportunity to global warming into our own hands. Check it out!

MTL Botlle Nose Ladder 15EX Truck by @GlitchGamer

Ever felt like there was a ladder truck hole in your life or mods folder? You need not to feel that pain anymore. @GlitchGamer has released his almost fully functional WIP MTL, configured for ELS and all! The serious attention to detail is still to come, the mod page tells us that @alexguirre is working on a script which will allow users to utilise the ladder and legs of the truck. Simply amazing.

2016 Mustang GT350R [ELS] by @Masterschwag

We’re reaching a point in GTA:V where we’ve nearly seen everything - nearly, that is. You can stick to your crown vic’s and explorer’s, but I’ll be sure to wave to you as I scream past *respect the road rules and speed limits* and patrol these mean streets in style!
Disclaimer: Please don’t use this model near crowds.

Vehicle Textures

@BradM's texture pack(s)
If you’re one of those ‘officers’ that believe that policing is more about style than making a positive impact on the lives of the citizens of San Andreas, this pack is for you! BradM released this complete texture pack to suit a variety of our favourite cars. It features a wide range of different styled lore-friendly skins and it’s something you’ll want to have in your game ASAP!

BradM was an extremely busy man in June and also managed to release two WIP texture packs, so I’d like to briefly give a special spotlight to these texture packs as well:

Ped Textures

EUP 7.5 L&O + S&R by @Alex_Ashfold

Perhaps one of the most anticipated and biggest releases of the month of June was EUP 7.5. This version of the near-essential modification, EUP, brings us new or modified accessories and badges, completely new law enforcement uniforms AND an all new Serve & Rescue add-on pack which includes goodies ranging from private security outfits to coast guard uniforms! Check out both packs below.

Script Modifications

AmbientFX by @dilapidated

Grand Theft Auto’s graphics were almost unrivalled at release, it was truly a beautiful game and continues to be - that’s why it always amazes me when somebody finds a way to make it look or feel even better. AmbientFX does just that - it improves and enhances the effects with the aim giving the game a more natural and immersive feel. Without a doubt, this modification does just as it’s set out to do, and I'd wager that it's probably as essential to have in your game as VisualV by cvippack . Check out AmbientFX below.

EMS Mod Beta by @NDev

Emergency Medical Services and personnel no doubt hold a very special place in all of our hearts, they treat our boo-boo’s and look after us at our worst - while amongst all the chaos, pursuits and gunfire which San Andreas is famous for, it’s easy to forget about the guys and gals who rush out the pedestrians which you continue to mow down.
EMS Mod by NDev allows you to play as such, at times perhaps forgotten, angels! The script is a WIP in beta phase and features eight callouts so far and has some serious potential, I’m very keen to see the finished product and I’m sure you will be too!

Media

Gallery Screenshots

@Aquamenti

Aquamenti’s June additions to his ‘Aquamenti Police and Workshop and Museum’ album: "There can be no excuse", "Under control", "Fortune favors the bold", "End of the line" and "Catching up" take the cake this month, his repeated use of photographic techniques such as editing, filters and distinctive camera angles certainly earns a mention.
collage.thumb.png.9bd0654ff0d86c3c6f0128b2df753e13.png

@DakotaM990

I’d like to give a special mention to DakotaM990’s chaotic, action image "Someone is having a bad day", though. This image looks like it just came out of a Michael Bay movie, truly!
large.5738cdc030477_11Ahhhshit.jpg.5e3a5c5fa5c6697808a57f13be8d0367.thumb.jpg.b7ea3469ccffbde878c1d5beb2302a2d.jpg

Youtube Video of the Month

This month’s YouTube Video of the Month has to go to @STEVETHEGAMER for his stream featuring our very own snowman-loving, bunker transportation-vehicle-driving,  community manager @willpv23.

Any video which features the unofficial LSPDFR mascot (The Snowman) takes the cake!

That's a wrap for this review! A special thank you to @Fiskey111 for his contributions to the article.

@PgUp

Totally didn't expect to get mentioned in this Month in Review!

Gotta admit it was quite chaotic showing up to a suspect with a RPG

Thanks for the mention, it's much appreciated and I enjoy providing screenshots to the community

Mr.JonnhyCZG likes this

none are easy to install because no builds a program that can do it easier for people that can't really understand the vehicles installment process please make a easier way to install so we don't mess up our games anymore just like Gta 4 had for some of the other mods and stuff I think it sucks not being able to enjoy having better cars and suvs sucks for me because I really am not that great at learning the openIV thing and time i've tried to learn it it messes up my game please if anything someone please help me thanks again for not helping me at all and replying to my messages 

Chargo likes this

17 minutes ago, Dragonsword86 said:

none are easy to install because no builds a program that can do it easier for people that can't really understand the vehicles installment process please make a easier way to install so we don't mess up our games anymore just like Gta 4 had for some of the other mods and stuff I think it sucks not being able to enjoy having better cars and suvs sucks for me because I really am not that great at learning the openIV thing and time i've tried to learn it it messes up my game please if anything someone please help me thanks again for not helping me at all and replying to my messages 

It's honestly not hard at all modding.  I've never modded a game before until I came to GTA V on PC, and while I'm still learning, I understand the basics.  Most of the time, modding is just simple drag and drop.  All you need to do is pay attention and read the readmes/install instructions.  99% of the time the reason someone's installation failed was because they didn't put something in the right folder.

For your issue, please read this topic -

If you still struggle with something, create a topic in this section - https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/forum/877-support/

On 8/18/2017 at 5:11 AM, Kallus Rourke said:

It's honestly not hard at all modding.  I've never modded a game before until I came to GTA V on PC, and while I'm still learning, I understand the basics.  Most of the time, modding is just simple drag and drop.  All you need to do is pay attention and read the readmes/install instructions.  99% of the time the reason someone's installation failed was because they didn't put something in the right folder.

For your issue, please read this topic -

If you still struggle with something, create a topic in this section - https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/forum/877-support/

oh well I guess i will still be stuck forever i'm so confused for this program thing and every thing about the IVopen I had a mods folder i watch videos but they don't seem very not so clear all as the pictures and the way people that did those videos on youtube I still am not good at this so thanks again but i will never get it i guess 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dragonsword86 said:

oh well I guess i will still be stuck forever i'm so confused for this program thing and every thing about the IVopen I had a mods folder i watch videos but they don't seem very not so clear all as the pictures and the way people that did those videos on youtube I still am not good at this so thanks again but i will never get it i guess 

I remember being confused about it all too, trust me - just keep on watching those tutorials! Start with plugins, they're as simple as following a file path (usually the same one that came in the zip, so when you open plugins in your zip, open plugins in your GTAV directory and so on - otherwise there will be a readme directing you, or a note on the mod page).
Eventually, with the help of YouTube videos progress to vehicles using a mods folder (Easiest way to get files into your mods folder is to go to the original .rpf in OpenIV, open it in edit mode and click the button that'll say 'Copy to Mods Folder')

With vehicles, I only use ELS vehicles now because they're a simple drag & drop! I don't edit any of the .meta's anymore because it takes more effort than I'd like (Because I frequently switch out vehicles, I want to rack up hours in-game, not looking at a .meta file!) and I risk screwing up my game if I don't notice I've pasted it wrong or accidentally added a space or slash somewhere where it can't be, etc..
Drag & drop the vehicle files into latest patchday > Drag and drop the ELS vcf file into the folder where they go > Done, rinse and repeat for all ELS vehicles.

On your auto install note - you probably won't see that in like a pack way, because then you get one person who controls a whole install program for all these separate mods and it gets messy in the way of trust.. Ownership claims, malicious adverts etc become an annoying possibility, also everyone's updating their files at a difference pace. The best you'll see is like how mods such as VisualV and EUP do it, whereas you install the individual mods with a package installer inside OpenIV - easy as because OpenIV does it for you, but unfortunately not many mods do it that way.

Hope that all helped.

Edited by PgUp
Kallus Rourke likes this

2 minutes ago, PgUp said:

With vehicles, I only use ELS vehicles now because they're a simple drag & drop! I don't edit any of the .meta's anymore because it takes more effort than I'd like (Because I frequently switch out vehicles, I want to rack up hours in-game, not looking at a .meta file!) and I risk screwing up my game if I don't notice I've pasted it wrong or accidentally added a space or slash somewhere where it can't be, etc..
Drag & drop the vehicle files into latest patchday > Drag and drop the ELS vcf file into the folder where they go > Done, rinse and repeat for all ELS vehicles.

Just adding two points to this:

1)  Like PgUp, you don't have to touch the meta or carvariations if you don't want to, but that will limit you in various ways.   Ultimately, it comes down to how you want your game to be.  Do you want your police force to be similar to your local area?  If so, edits may need to be made to the meta or carvar.  Making edits for the handlingid is very, very simple and is the only thing you need to touch.

2) Some mods may say "drop the vehicle files into patchday3" or some other patchday, ignore them.  Only the very latest patchday with a vehicles.rpf will work.