Lundy

How to "still" mod GTA V | For you dense morons

Original Light

Do not re-upload old versions of OpenIV, whether it's uploaded on this site or a third party (such as MediaFire) -- this violates our rules. Any posts containing such links will be immediately removed. 

Message added by Original Light

Posted (edited)

Maybe you should upload that to gta5-mods.com too, from what I've seen people are panicking over there

Edited by 11john11
Nevermind, I think someone already did this

how do you do dis again? can make tutorial on youtube? me no understand

MODERATOR NOTICE: I'd like to remind everyone not to publicly link re-uploaded versions of OpenIV, if you're going to do that, do it privately.  

10 minutes ago, Original Light said:
MODERATOR NOTICE: I'd like to remind everyone not to publicly link re-uploaded versions of OpenIV, if you're going to do that, do it privately.  

Why.  Why should we respect Rockstar game and take2 when they do not respect us the paying customer!  Rockstar and take 2 have declared war on paying customers!  Clearly, they believe modding a game you bought is illegal.    They have declared war with this move.

MrGalaxy. and HomerS like this

I didn't say you can't do it, I just said do it in private. Re-uploading files of a discontinued modification or program without the consent of the original creator is against our community guidelines. It doesn't matter what it is. 

I KNEW there was a reason on why I hated T2... Starting the second after I read that update... I don't see why T2 bothered with it though, GTA 4 is almost 10 years old at this point, although I guess T2 would do anything to get money so...

46 minutes ago, Roth said:

Why.  Why should we respect Rockstar game and take2 when they do not respect us the paying customer!  Rockstar and take 2 have declared war on paying customers!  Clearly, they believe modding a game you bought is illegal.    They have declared war with this move.

https://www.rockstargames.com/eula

AllenKennedy likes this

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Additionally if you check on gtaforums.com there are numerous people posting links to the offline installer if you don't already have OpenIV.

hey i had a look and cant find any there now any idea where abouts on the forum to look

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Pricefield said:

You mean the eula that never withstood a legal challenge yet are illegal in many ways?  https://www.eff.org/wp/dangerous-terms-users-guide-eulas   In my case I have the game on disk.  I own a copy of the game.  Rockstar can say what they want.  I did not buy a license I bought the game to play as I see fit.   There thing call laws the trump eulas

I didn't say you can't do it, I just said do it in private. Re-uploading files of a discontinued modification or program without the consent of the original creator is against our community guidelines. It doesn't matter what it is. 

Good answer.   but my question was more a rhetoric question.  But I had not thought about open iv.  Thought it mainly had to do with rockstar.   So I am glad I asked the question. 

Edited by Roth

Posted (edited)

SparkIV is still a thing too, just downloaded it as an alternative (That and I can actually save and rebuild the archives)

Although if I'm not allowed to mention SparkIV then that's my bad

Edited by WolfLCPD

1 minute ago, WolfLCPD said:

SparkIV is still a thing too, just downloaded it as an alternative (That and I can actually save and rebuild the archives)

Although if I'm not allowed to mention SparkIV then that's my bad

SparkIV is only for 4 though I believe.

Just now, phoenixpolice said:

SparkIV is only for 4 though I believe.

Ooooohhhhh yeah that makes sense now... Guess that's why T2 sent the message, since OpenIV involved 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Roth said:

I did not buy a license I bought the game to play as I see fit.   There thing call laws the trump eulas

No Roth, you bought a license to use the software. You do not own a single piece of software distributed with it. If you owned the software, you would also own the source code to the software. That's just how it works legally.

I'm by no means defending Rockstar or Take Two's actions here. If anything, I encourage people to fight back against it, but do not take the EULA as being irrelevant, because it's not. The reason I don't even play GTA anymore, or use Microsoft Windows, is because I would rather enjoy the freedom to customize my own machine and its software to fit my needs, rather than being controlled by the programs I use. This is what both Rockstar and OpenIV do to you. There is no reason for OpenIV to be closed software that cannot be developed and modified for people's own use: it is a tool. As are things like Microsoft Windows, and I do not appreciate tools controlling how I use them.

Edited by Pricefield
Vegas725 and vynlthrash like this