[REQUEST] Centralized Menu API

Bluscream

If you are a regular user and you feel annoyed by all this different menus you need to bind to different keys, please show support and like this thread or tell everyone that you want less menus and our wet dream may come true. If you want to help the idea even more you can visit the github link below and comment how much you want this ♥

I've noticed this when I first started using LSPDFR plugins ( about half a year ago) and I was sure you we're doing something about it. Now, half a year later still nothing so I want to have it here black on white.

The idea is providing functions to add entries to the "Interaction" and "Backup" menu. (Used code examples might not have correct syntax, I just write them out of my head)

Why would one need that?: Cause I don't want to buy a keyboard with 500keys and remember each one cause there are way too many. If LSPDFR would suggest devs to use it, most of them would modify their plugins so the amount of needed keys would cut in half at least.

For example if someone creates a "Tow Truck" plugin they could call

Functions.RegisterBackup(menuPage=backup.page.ADDITIONAL, code=backup.code.THREE, name="Tow Truck", callback=callTowTruckToCurrentPosition());

(I know there already is the CustomBackup plugin. But that's a bypass, not a solution...)

If you want to add menu entries for special callouts where you would need them:

Functions.RegisterInteraction(menuPage=interaction.page.CURRENTCALLOUT, text="Engage", callback=startEngage(pedAtAimPoint(), callout=callouts.Hostage);
Functions.RegisterInteraction(menuPage=interaction.page.GENERAL, text="Binoculars", callback=equipBinoculars());

And when the plugin gets unloaded or crashes all entries registered by the plugin get removed, simple (in my mind :)

P.S. Please also add the following items to the interaction menu:

• Start Callout: [all registered callouts]
  • Start World Event: [all registered events]
  • Stop Callout
  • Force Stop Callout

Thanks for reading and let's hope this will get implemented soon or G17Media sponsors some Logitech keyboards with 50 G-Keys :P

Related Github Issue: https://github.com/LMSDev/LSPDFR-API/issues/15

Edited by Bluscream