Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bait Car!

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Was curious, if it would work to spawn a car say around firefly projects and leave the drivers door open if a ped would steal it? Could make for some nice vids, also if someone has worked this before could you give me a good location ect?

Posted

There's a criminal acts script, makes peds steel cars.

You can use the SNT to spawn a car.

Posted

You can also use simple native trainer to shut down the engine remotely.

Posted

You can also use simple native trainer to shut down the engine remotely.

To expand on that, save the car using the option in the car menu, then exit it and when someone steals it, you can turn the engine on/off and lock the doors to stop them from getting out.

Posted

Make sure you aren't in your crusier.

Otherwise It'll turn your engine off.

Somebody really needs to make an actual bait car script.

Posted (edited)

Yes, use use the vehicle cleanup mod to get gang members to steal it off the street.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=476701

I have already tried this... They stole the cars but LCPDFR wouldn't let me pull over the vehicle that was stolen. Everytime i hit the pull over key nothing would happen.

Edited by A.Bowers

Posted

That would be cool

Posted

This actually sounds really good. I gotta try some of the stuff that people above have said. Sounds awesome :D

Posted

Well it does work with just spawning a random vehicle park it near gang members ect, you can use the function in SNT to open drivers door and get out and get back to your car took only about 3 mins for a testy gang member to get in vehicle and drive off...

Posted

Well it does work with just spawning a random vehicle park it near gang members ect, you can use the function in SNT to open drivers door and get out and get back to your car took only about 3 mins for a testy gang member to get in vehicle and drive off...

cool find.

May I ask what area you tried it in?

Posted (edited)

I have already tried this... They stole the cars but LCPDFR wouldn't let me pull over the vehicle that was stolen. Everytime i hit the pull over key nothing would happen.

But you can stop the vehicle (using your tactics and block him of course) and make an arrest, they have rifles and arms :)

Edited by Pedro Rios

Posted

chinatown and firefly project area's good place is the "Pool hall" right in front of it

Posted

Will the criminal acts script AI allow pullovers? Or do they not respond when you hit SHIFT?

Posted

The mod he mentioned isn't actually Criminal Acts, so it may be different.

Posted

Yeah the other one mentioned didn't work, but I was curious if anybody tried criminal acts to see if it would work. I'm going to try it myself pretty soon.

Posted

Will the criminal acts script AI allow pullovers? Or do they not respond when you hit SHIFT?

You can't pull them over but I find it more realistic as a criminal is highly unlikely to pull over after stealing a vehicle.

The trick to arresting them is to pin the car against the wall and pull the driver out, quickly arresting him before he tries to get back inside the vehicle.

Posted (edited)

What's up guys just made a bait car video using the criminal acts script. Enjoy the video guys. [media=]

Edited by Makinofaman

Posted

I tried it. The only time I saw a car stolen is when I was traveling back to my CVPI after busting someone else. I had just climbed into my car and was about to put it into drive when some mexican gang-banger tried to rip me out of my cruiser and take off with it! Needless to say I pulled him back out, tased him and arrested him. lol Then later on, some guy bumped into me on foot, supposedly took my $1000 and then tried to shoot me to death. I pulled out my pistol and returned the favor. Dropped him, took back my money and kept walking.

Kinda fun kinda not. Hopefully someone in this community reading this thread will make a version of this that will allow pullovers and suspects to surrender.