Sign in to follow this  
SkillfulCorpse

Mods going to the top of the download section when updated.

Hello,

I've just gone through all of my mods to update the terms, and noticed that they are all on the first page of the downloads section. I think this is a little unfair to the people who have just uploaded their skins, and seeing as the amount of textures that are uploaded each day is pretty high, a spot on the front page is very valuable so people actually see your texture.

What i'm suggesting is, that mods only get a spot on the front page if a new version has been uploaded, not just an edit to the information.

I hope that this is something that is considered, I think it could also remove the possibility to take advantage of the system by just changing a small part of the description (adding a full stop for example) to get back to the front page.

Thanks,
SkillfulCorpse

2 hours ago, SkillfulCorpse said:

Hello,

I've just gone through all of my mods to update the terms, and noticed that they are all on the first page of the downloads section. I think this is a little unfair to the people who have just uploaded their skins, and seeing as the amount of textures that are uploaded each day is pretty high, a spot on the front page is very valuable so people actually see your texture.

What i'm suggesting is, that mods only get a spot on the front page if a new version has been uploaded, not just an edit to the information.

I hope that this is something that is considered, I think it could also remove the possibility to take advantage of the system by just changing a small part of the description (adding a full stop for example) to get back to the front page.

Thanks,
SkillfulCorpse

We're aware and we're working on a solution.

SkillfulCorpse likes this

4 hours ago, SkillfulCorpse said:

Hello,

Thanks,
SkillfulCorpse

Or you make sure everything is as its supposed to be so you don't have to update ;)

Jokes aside. I see where you are coming from, since people can abuse it just to get back to the front page as you said.

Maybe make it that you get back to the front page if you update the file? Since alot of times someone might forget credits or something and then its on the front page again just becuse someone forgot credits.

Edited by Slendis

Yeah I noticed this myself. It's actually made me hesitant to update my files over small and simple things as I don't want my file pushed to the top again for no good reason.

3 hours ago, TheDmac said:

Yeah I noticed this myself. It's actually made me hesitant to update my files over small and simple things as I don't want my file pushed to the top again for no good reason.

Same, but I had too seeing as it was pretty important.

12 hours ago, Slendis said:

Or you make sure everything is as its supposed to be so you don't have to update ;)

Jokes aside. I see where you are coming from, since people can abuse it just to get back to the front page as you said.

The reason I was updating it was; there is a lot of new Australian clans out, and I don't want them using my skins and distributing them themselves. It wasn't really an issue when I first uploaded them. And yeah, it will stop any abuse of the system too.

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

We're aware and we're working on a solution.

Good to here :)

TheDmac likes this

Please note that answers from non-staff members in the Website Problems, Feedback & Suggestions forum may be removed if we find it irrelevant.