Homework

Issues replacing cop car models

I really need help, for some reason everytime I replace any of the police car models, they stay the same.

And my textures I added to them are on the roof of the car....

Why is this happening? There's not much information I can supply here. I am just getting frustrated with this crap.

I've replaced ALL of the cop car models in EVERY DLCpack and x64e.rpf.

3 hours ago, Homework said:

I really need help, for some reason everytime I replace any of the police car models, they stay the same.

And my textures I added to them are on the roof of the car....

Why is this happening? There's not much information I can supply here. I am just getting frustrated with this crap.

I've replaced ALL of the cop car models in EVERY DLCpack and x64e.rpf.

Do you have a steam or a rockstar copy of the game?

Homework likes this

4 minutes ago, ACop said:

Do you have a steam or a rockstar copy of the game?

Steam.

I'm verifying the game cache now. Going to replace them all from scratch.

Can you tell me where they go? Police, police2, and police3. Are they all in x64e.rpf?

I never replace them in x64e.rpf cause it doesn't work. I don't have the folder memorized of where those vehicles go. Almost every vehicle will come with a read me telling you where to put it.

4 minutes ago, ACop said:

I never replace them in x64e.rpf cause it doesn't work. I don't have the folder memorized of where those vehicles go. Almost every vehicle will come with a read me telling you where to put it.

Yeah see the problem is, the installation said patchday9ng or something, and there was no police.ytf or any police models in there.

4 minutes ago, Homework said:

Yeah see the problem is, the installation said patchday9ng or something, and there was no police.ytf or any police models in there.

Just drag them in there it will be fine.

5 hours ago, ACop said:

Alright sounds good

Nope, see the attachments?

My cop cars get messed up everytime I do it. And it doesn't even work. Could it be the models?

20160918003018_1.jpg

16 hours ago, Homework said:

Nope, see the attachments?

My cop cars get messed up everytime I do it. And it doesn't even work. Could it be the models?

20160918003018_1.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response. Did you replace the texture on it? Idk that's a bad angle I can't really see much.

Edited by ACop
Type o

3 hours ago, ACop said:

Sorry for the delayed response. Did you replace the texture on it? Idk that's a bad angle I can't really see much.

Yep, replaced the texture and that's the second problem. The texture isn't even showing.

So first issue is that the car models aren't working, and then the textures.

And no problem, everyone has busy moments and can't respond right away.

4 minutes ago, Homework said:

Yep, replaced the texture and that's the second problem. The texture isn't even showing.

So first issue is that the car models aren't working, and then the textures.

And no problem, everyone has busy moments and can't respond right away.

Well if the textures are all misplaced it could be that the texture isn't compatible with the vehicle

Just because Police or any vehicle file is not in a patchday does not mean you cannot add it. Simply put: If you put all the police2 car files into patchday 10, and then put different police2 car files into patchday 11, it will take the car files from patchday11 instead of 10. If you quickly want to go back to the police2 model you had before you overwrote them by placing new files into patchday11, simply remove the police2 car files from patchday11. I suggest this: using the vanilla files for the x64 things, replace all of them. Then go into your latest patchday (It should be patchday11) and put all your vehicle files in there. They should work. As for textures, simply go into the .ytd's and drag and drop the new ones. Youtube is always a great place to learn, though most videos are old. It wont matter though, installation process is the same.

5 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

Just because Police or any vehicle file is not in a patchday does not mean you cannot add it. Simply put: If you put all the police2 car files into patchday 10, and then put different police2 car files into patchday 11, it will take the car files from patchday11 instead of 10. If you quickly want to go back to the police2 model you had before you overwrote them by placing new files into patchday11, simply remove the police2 car files from patchday11. I suggest this: using the vanilla files for the x64 things, replace all of them. Then go into your latest patchday (It should be patchday11) and put all your vehicle files in there. They should work. As for textures, simply go into the .ytd's and drag and drop the new ones. Youtube is always a great place to learn, though most videos are old. It wont matter though, installation process is the same.

14 minutes ago, ACop said:

Well if the textures are all misplaced it could be that the texture isn't compatible with the vehicle

Okay, it has to be the models.

I'm not dumb guys, I've been modding GTA series (including V) for many years. Pretty confident I was also the first one in the modding scene to discover how to add cars instead of replacing. Unless there's someone who figured it out and didn't release a tutorial.

That being said, these models must not work because I put them all in patchday9ng and it's still not working. They're still default and as you can see it messes up some things such as making the brake lights green colored. 

These are the models I used:

I have used those models in the past. They worked fine for me.. I have absolutely no clue as to whats causing them to not work.

It may sound obvious... but are you sure that you put all the files in the patchday folder? (Sometimes people are sure they did but really didnt ;))

8 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

I have used those models in the past. They worked fine for me.. I have absolutely no clue as to whats causing them to not work.

It may sound obvious... but are you sure that you put all the files in the patchday folder? (Sometimes people are sure they did but really didnt ;))

Yes, as seen here with the Toronto Police texture installed:

This is police3.yft:

2e47afa6c1cf37756fdef8a5b7c52c6e.png

4 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

I have no clue why it wont work then.. Sorry D:

It's alright man, hopefully someone else can suggest a solution.

Thanks for your effort bro!

One more thing also, are you using those car mods currently? If not, could you give them a try for me and see if they work for you?

Unfortunately i am without a GPU.. apparently 1070s like to break 2 months into using them. I should be getting my new one this week. If your problem isnt worked out by time i get it ill be sure to check it out for you.. but hopefully someone will be able to help solve your problem :)

5 minutes ago, GGN Crazy said:

Unfortunately i am without a GPU.. apparently 1070s like to break 2 months into using them. I should be getting my new one this week. If your problem isnt worked out by time i get it ill be sure to check it out for you.. but hopefully someone will be able to help solve your problem :)

Alright well thanks for your help man, I'll try to be patient and wait.

Still no help, very disappointed that out of all the members here none know this issue.

f60c21f4f9da14221b081ab9bfeff19b.png

Something is really messing shit up.