LtRob

Adding livery support to stock cars

Hello,
a friend of mine is starting to use Zmodeler and there's a stock car he wants to change to a police car. He added the lights and sirens but we don't know how to add livery support. Some tutorial or any help is appreciated thanks.

2 hours ago, Hank Voight said:

You have to A) find its carvariations.meta a vehicles.meta locations (I forget which one contains livery data), and if there isn't one, you have to write an entry into the .meta to make liveries supported.

Isn't there something to do in zmodeler to make it support liveries on top of what you said? I know vehicles.meta has FLAG_HAS_LIVERY and that I already done.

47 minutes ago, LtRob said:

Isn't there something to do in zmodeler to make it support liveries on top of what you said? I know vehicles.meta has FLAG_HAS_LIVERY and that I already done.

Not to my knowledge. I've never actually used Zmodeler.

There definitely is something you have to do with setting up a model to be set to reference multiple textures like that. Should be a tutorial somewhere around, if not on this site.

You need to UV map it, which is how you would get the template and then make sure it is set up correctly in the materials editor. I think it's vehicle_paint_3 you have to assign it too. I'm no expert though.

LtRob likes this

11 hours ago, SkillfulCorpse said:

You need to UV map it, which is how you would get the template and then make sure it is set up correctly in the materials editor. I think it's vehicle_paint_3 you have to assign it too. I'm no expert though.

Do u have a tutorial video on this?