Voice of Reason

Hello to the LSPDFR Community and a request for help.

Hello, this is my first time posting in the LSPDFR Community. I have to say that I have been enjoying this mod greatly ever since I discovered it. I have also enjoyed the variouse peices of content that the LSPDFR community has created, ranging from scrips to vehicle files and everything in between.

As I am sure many of you are awake that Grand Theft Auto V has had reported issues with a momory leak that occurs. I have been noticing this leak myself when ever I am playing LSPDFR. I would watch my Physical Memory Usage History in my Task Manager continue to slowly increase over time. Naturally, I feared that my system was suffering from Rockstar's memory leak as an attempt to deture hackers in the online component of the game, what I have seen in other forums, such as in the Steam community and I believe as well the Ragepluginhook's community. I had used a trial version (now expired) of SystemCacheBoost (I beleive this is what it was called) which seemed to help slow the leak, but not completely resolve it. 

A few days ago, I had the erge to play GTA Online again. So, I moved all of my custom content, which is nothing more than a few addon cars, such as Lundy's LSPD Premier, Gen. one Stanier, the templated Stanier being used in my Sheriff's slot and the Amber parking lights for the default Gen. two Staniers. 

I also use Simple trainer, or trainerV as I see it's files are named. So it too was removed. I then used Steam's verify integrity to ensure that all my files would comply with Rockstar's online terms. I was able to get into an online game with no issues at all. However, this time when I played the game, I noticed that there was no memory leak issues at all. The most Physical Memory used according to my Task Manager was about 8.00 or so GB's. Even when it reached this, it would often drop back down to Six point something. No frame rate issues, no stuttering, nothing. My average FPS is normally in the 60-80s running on high/very high settings. The only Ultra setting being reflections. This was after 3-4 hour play sessions mind you.

With LSPDFR and RPH running, this is sadly not the case. Often times when LSPDFR is in it's "On Duty" status. While I can keep my FPS within the 60 range, there is a noticeable stutter on occasion mostly during the day and it is most noticeable when driving in traffic, behaving. I often feel I can only go on duty for at max two hours before I feel the need to exit GTA, this is when my Physical Memory usages is at 10 of it's 16 GB's. Which is rather unfortunate for me, as I enjoy the "Quazi realistic" policeing of the game. Responding to the calls based on their priority level, and generally doing a thorough job when investigating an incident. I understand that as a mod, this means that the game will use more memory. Hoever, a memory leak is something else.

So, I believe the point I am trying to make here is that I do not believe GTAV itself is the problem, but rather that the, or should I say my preformance/memory issues seem to be with either Rageluginhooks, LSPDFR or Simple Trainer.
I am hoping that perhaps some of the members of the community can assist me in solving this memory leak issue.
I will post my system specs as well as the variouse aftermaket and related content.

According to my Dxdiag information
Processor: Inter Core i7-4820K @3.70Ghz (8 CPUs), 3.7Ghz
Memory 16284MB of RAM
DirectX 11
Video Card: AMD R9 290x Factory OC with 4095 MB total Memory (Drivers are up to date)

Plugin's used with LSPDfr:
Arrest Manager
ComputerPlus
EMSmod
LSPDFR+
PeterUCallouts
PoliceRadio
SearchWarrant
Police Partner
Traffic Policer
Other Plugin's used:
EUP

Vehicle related:
Undercover Taxi
Lundy's Retro LSPD Stanier, Premier and Sheriff car (As addons)
Amber Lights for Gen II Vapid Staniers
Templated Stanier in Sheriff's slot

Ragepluginhook Version 0.45.1000.9441

My thanks,
Voice.

Edited by Voice of Reason

RageHook is probably what's causing the stuttering. When I used to use it, it would give me some little issues like that. Now I can't even get it running. Just crashes the game as soon as I hook it in. Really does live up to it's name, lol.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lundy:

RageHook is probably what's causing the stuttering. When I used to use it, it would give me some little issues like that. Now I can't even get it running. Just crashes the game as soon as I hook it in. Really does live up to it's name, lol.

I had the same problem after an update some months ago, fixed it by setting RAGEPluginHook.exe and GTA5.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode, it actually fixed all the crashing for me

1 hour ago, Lundy said:

Perhaps I should have just called it micro stuttering. As it's an annoying hitch that happens every so often. For me, RageHook seems to crash to desktop when ever I am using real cars. Like Bxbugs123's Charger's or Crown Victoria's. A few weeks ago my game would crash when I went on duty, I found out the reason for this was a Sheriff's Crown Victoria. 

Non the less, I was searching for anything to do with memory leaks last night and someone had said that VocalDispatch has a memory leak in it? I noticed that the Police Radio addon I've got has a file called 'VocalDispatch' in it. Maybe deleting that would solve the issue, or or one of the issues. 

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Perhaps I should have just called it micro stuttering. As it's an annoying hitch that happens every so often. For me, RageHook seems to crash to desktop when ever I am using real cars. Like Bxbugs123's Charger's or Crown Victoria's. A few weeks ago my game would crash when I went on duty, I found out the reason for this was a Sheriff's Crown Victoria. 

Non the less, I was searching for anything to do with memory leaks last night and someone had said that VocalDispatch has a memory leak in it? I noticed that the Police Radio addon I've got has a file called 'VocalDispatch' in it. Maybe deleting that would solve the issue, or or one of the issues. 

I'd say that's Bugs's car mod acting up. I don't like the way he sets up his mods in an auto installer. It really just overrides some stuff that can cause issues.

26 minutes ago, Lundy said:

I'd say that's Bugs's car mod acting up. I don't like the way he sets up his mods in an auto installer. It really just overrides some stuff that can cause issues.

Indeed, I like the look of the cars and the light bars. However, the installation has caused issues with me in the past. Those cars are not installed at the moment, so it's currently a non issue. 11john11's suggestion sadly is not an option for me as I am using Window's 7.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Voice of Reason:

Indeed, I like the look of the cars and the light bars. However, the installation has caused issues with me in the past. Those cars are not installed at the moment, so it's currently a non issue. 11john11's suggestion sadly is not an option for me as I am using Window's 7.

My suggestion was directed at Lundy with his crashing issues, changing the compatibility mode won't fix performance issues sadly

Since the time of my last post I decided to do some testing. I thought that perhaps I should post some of my results to find a solution to my memory leak problem I have encountered, in the event anyone else is having a similar issue or perhaps to bring this issue to the attention of the Scripting community. I understand that modding a game can be a very difficult task, I commend those people for doing so and putting in so many man hours basically for free. So rather than complain I thought it better to show some of my findings.

I brought up my situation to the RPH forums, where I did receive some insightful information from one of the users there. It was suggested to me that, I should test each plugin individually to see if it causes the problem. I first ran LSPDfr in it's 'default' version which at the time of posting is 0.3.1 with an unmodified version of Grand Theft Auto V. The only other program I had added was Simple Trainer for the real in game time duration. I played the game 'On Duty' for nearly two hours straight without noticing any frame rate stuttering or hitching. I was periodically checking my task manager for memory usage and I did witness the game actually clean it's memory once or twice while playing. 

I should state that I run GTAV in borderless window so I can easily check other things if I need to.

I learned from the RPH assistance I received  that plugins do indeed take up a lot of memory and that modded cars aren't causing the issue. I tested this as well using a mixture of Civilian and Law Enforcement vehicles. There was no issue. 

I then started to test my plugins one at a time I decided to use the smaller ones at first. The very first one being Search Warrant by Darkmyre. It ran with no issues. 

I then added Police Radio by DCP1293. No issues. 

I then tried Aldo's Traffic Policer and Code 3 Callouts one at a time. (Two of my personal favorites I should add.) I ran Traffic Policer without the radio or search warrant scripts, I decided to test it for about an hour. Before I reached the end of said hour, I noticed stuttering and lag at about 30-45 minutes of game time. I checked my memory to see that it had been steadily been climbing over the hour and nearing the end of my play session it had eaten up 9.45 GB of memory. Code 3 Callouts was a similar story. 

What I have noticed is that any type of plugin that uses an extra file, Example being Aldo1125.common or the Stealth22.common, etc, seem to cause a leak in my systems memory. 

Yet oddly, Parkstools.DLL and DarkmyreAPI.DLL files don't cause such issues or if they do, it's so small that it's meaningless.

I am currently running BetterEMS Police Radio and Search Warrant without issue and for lengthy play sessions (of about 2 hours). 

So far, any callout scripts, even small ones cause a performance issue for me. I cannot even use EUP at all with out a having a memory leak. Although, I found a little work around for that issue.

So, basically, I have discovered that assorted minor script items are okay. However, anything that would greatly enhance the LSPDfr experience is an issue.

If the creators of any of these mods that happen to see this post and can offer any form of support or a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Voice.