Spitfire7

Just got GTA V (way behind I know). Getting the right patch and version HELP!

Hey guys,

I know I am way behind, but after GTA IV which I still play and love, I thought I would move on from games for a while, but I just couldn't do it.  So here I am way behind, but its not too late. 

Its been a really long time since I modded/cracked a game for mods, so can you guys walk me through the steps of what I need to do one by one?  I looked through the GTA V files and there are no common or data file to work with and everything seems packed up.  So whats the first step for a brand new fresh copy out of the box?

My final goals that I hope to achieve with your help are:

1.  To install LCPDFR,

2.  Install best Trainer, please give links to the best one,

3.  Police car add-ons, Please give links to best LAPD cars

4.  100% save game (Don't really care about the story mode, bought for LCPDFR, exploring, and modding)

5.  And many more realism driving mods, ENB, and handling mods

So please help me get started into this awesome GTA V world that I have been missing out on for so long.  To be honest, its been so long I will need in depth info for each of these possible goals.  Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Spitfire7

A lot of these questions can be answered by using a search engine of your choice and the search function on our website. All mods on this site should have a readme attached to it (LSPDFR does). The simple native trainer from GTA IV is in GTA V too. 

JAM likes this

I really wish there was a simple sticky on here somewhere, but I couldn't find one.  I am currently doing google searches and some are helpful, but would be cool if this can be a centralized answer for all my questions.  I think this would still really be a big help to many especially with links. 

First you are going to want to download what I would call the 5 essentials

1. RagePluginHook
  2. LSPDFR
  3. ScripthookV
  4. Simplenativetrainer
  5. OpenIV

Next you want some extra plugins for LSPDFR

1. ArrestManager
  2. TrafficPolicer
  3. AssortedCallouts
  4. SecondaryCallouts
  5. LSPDFR+
  6. SirenMastery

(A google search of any of these should find what you need)

Of course after all this you probably want vehicle models

You probably want to look at Bxbugs123's vehicles as they are the best quality, Him1250's NMSP cars are good, as are BlackJesus's models.

7 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

First you are going to want to download what I would call the 5 essentials

1. RagePluginHook
  2. LSPDFR
  3. ScripthookV
  4. Simplenativetrainer
  5. OpenIV

Next you want some extra plugins for LSPDFR

1. ArrestManager
  2. TrafficPolicer
  3. AssortedCallouts
  4. SecondaryCallouts
  5. LSPDFR+
  6. SirenMastery

(A google search of any of these should find what you need)

Of course after all this you probably want vehicle models

You probably want to look at Bxbugs123's vehicles as they are the best quality, Him1250's NMSP cars are good, as are BlackJesus's models.

Wow, very impressive.  This is a huge help.  Thank you so much.  I am already on my way getting started.  Finding it a bit more complicated to initially get the game cracked for mods though.  I am finding that all mods must go through OpenIV or a mod manager since all the files are packed, is that right?

6 minutes ago, Spitfire7 said:

Wow, very impressive.  This is a huge help.  Thank you so much.  I am already on my way getting started.  Finding it a bit more complicated to initially get the game cracked for mods though.  I am finding that all mods must go through OpenIV or a mod manager since all the files are packed, is that right?

As in packed, do you mean a .rar, .7z or .zip file? If so you need to go grab winrar or 7zip (both are free to use).

Any vehicle, ped, audio, texture, or data mods must go through openiv

Any scripts go right into the main directory

26 minutes ago, thegreathah said:

As in packed, do you mean a .rar, .7z or .zip file? If so you need to go grab winrar or 7zip (both are free to use).

Any vehicle, ped, audio, texture, or data mods must go through openiv

Any scripts go right into the main directory

I mean all files in the GTA V file are .rpf other than my .exe and Launch files. 

You still answered my question, thank you. 

I am thinking the first mod I want to install will be a trainer.  Do you recommend a good one?  I had one that no one else really used, but it was very simple and straight to the point and didn't have a billion and one things going on.  Just the essentials.  Do you know of one like that?

Found this packaged deal with Scripthook V and Trainer.  Looks pretty good and easy to use.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/script-hook-v

Edited by Spitfire7

4 minutes ago, falcon3y said:

Ah, thank you so much.  Yes I remember this one, it was always a crowd favorite, but it was always a little too cluttered and too much to work with.  I chose a slightly more straight forward one in the past.  Have you tried this one? https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/script-hook-v

Yeah, I never liked it personally, plus it caused some troubles in form of bindings when using plugins in the game that I decided to just roll with Simple Trainer. 

Hey would it be safe to do a trainer first before anything else?  There are many things I want to do in just exploring first before I join the police force. 

Also, do I need a 100% save game for many features that I might be missing out on in my 10% progress?

Edited by Spitfire7

Yeah it's safe to install the trainer. You won't miss any features as the trainer will give you the ability to spawn/use everything you'd have access to in a 100% savegame, apart from driving/shooting experience that level up as you progress and of course the new house for Franklin for example. Also, vehicle mods and so forth won't be unlocked in the pay'n'spray but you can set that on cars using the trainer, at least Simple Trainer. 

Have fun :D

4 minutes ago, falcon3y said:

Yeah it's safe to install the trainer. You won't miss any features as the trainer will give you the ability to spawn/use everything you'd have access to in a 100% savegame, apart from driving/shooting experience that level up as you progress and of course the new house for Franklin for example. Also, vehicle mods and so forth won't be unlocked in the pay'n'spray but you can set that on cars using the trainer, at least Simple Trainer. 

Have fun :D

Hum, I think I might install a 100% save game then.  Sounds like I will be missing out on some cool features how they were meant to be used. 

Whats the siren that the LAPD use?  SmartSiren?

13 minutes ago, Spitfire7 said:

Hum, I think I might install a 100% save game then.  Sounds like I will be missing out on some cool features how they were meant to be used. 

Whats the siren that the LAPD use?  SmartSiren?

FS Smart Siren 2000

Thank you.

Thank you all.  This has given me a good start. 

I think I will do the trainer first, then a 100% save game, then LSPDFR

Anyone have a recommendation for a good 100% save game?

Also, forgive me since I am all new to GTA V, but I am assuming ELS haven't been released yet right?  From google searches that is what I have found, but do you guys have more information that I may not be seeing such as a release beta version or even a release date for the full version?

Trainer: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simple-trainer-for-gtav

LAPD:

And if you think the 1998 is a bit "old", trust me, I still see those at least once a week. 97's were still in use as of 2013. No idea as of now.

Save: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/100-save-game

LAPD Siren:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/l-a-roads-oiv-open-iv-package-installer

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/real-posters-graffiti-and-tags-for-la   < That one takes hours to manually install

LAPD Peds: https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/los-angeles-police-patrol-officers

Officer27 likes this

Thank you so much Lundy.  I found a save game from "Ultimate 100% Perfect Game Save Rev2.4 by Flava0ne".  Someone said that was the best no?

Thank you so much for all the help.  I have a lot of installing to do.  Just made a backup copy.  Will keep you posted.  Thank you guys.

Lundy likes this

4 hours ago, Spitfire7 said:

Thank you so much Lundy.  I found a save game from "Ultimate 100% Perfect Game Save Rev2.4 by Flava0ne".  Someone said that was the best no?

Thank you so much for all the help.  I have a lot of installing to do.  Just made a backup copy.  Will keep you posted.  Thank you guys.

I have no idea. I can send you my save game if you wish.

8 hours ago, Lundy said:

I have no idea. I can send you my save game if you wish.

I think I will give this one a shot first.  Thank you.

Lundy likes this

On 9/27/2016 at 2:12 PM, Joker5656 said:

Is there a way to copy your GTA V files from steam to a new file and mod the copy so i don't go online and get banned?

I don't have the steam version, but there should be a steam folder on your Hard drive and in there should be the GTA V files.  Is that not the case?  If so, yes you can just copy and paste that. 

On 9/30/2016 at 8:04 AM, Spitfire7 said:

I don't have the steam version, but there should be a steam folder on your Hard drive and in there should be the GTA V files.  Is that not the case?  If so, yes you can just copy and paste that. 

I finally got it to work.  Ended up the first time i copy and pasted the files something I think was corrupted or didn't copy over right.  But i got it working the second time.  Pretty sweet mod.    

I am having a problem here.  I can't get rage to work.  It says "current game version is not supported." 

Installed game version 791

Latest game version 877

Supported game version 877

I thought we didn't have to keep updating our game?  I currently have it so I am playing in offline mode.  Is this not the case?  Or is there a rage version that works for my 791 install?  Do I have to update to the latest 877 version of GTA V?

So then I thought, Why don't I just update to the latest 877 version.  Now I can't even seem to update anymore. I am so lost.  When i try to update I get an error message saying my scripthookv is incompatible. 

Edited by Spitfire7

So great news I finally got the game running.  That was intense and ridiculous.  Okay so I installed my first LAPD car and why are my police lights barely noticeable?  They are just a color, but not really illuminating.  Is there another light mod I need to install?  I assume this is normal for everyone?

Second question, is there a good LAPD siren for GTA V?

Also, some people are talking about a spot light on the police car, is that another mod?

On 2016-10-12 at 4:25 PM, Spitfire7 said:

So great news I finally got the game running.  That was intense and ridiculous.  Okay so I installed my first LAPD car and why are my police lights barely noticeable?  They are just a color, but not really illuminating.  Is there another light mod I need to install?  I assume this is normal for everyone?

Second question, is there a good LAPD siren for GTA V?

Also, some people are talking about a spot light on the police car, is that another mod?

RadianceV for the lights

This for the LAPD siren (using it myself really loving it)

And this is the spotlight mod