Sign in to follow this  
falcon3y

[SOLVED] Can't overwrite current vehicle mod

Hello guys!

Some time ago I installed this CHP Mega-Pack for all my vehicles, turning each emergency police vehicle into Highway Patrol ones. Now that I want to focus my patrols more often in the city, I wanted to install some LAPD/LSPD vehicles on the slots they used to be, but whenever I install them they don't show up in-game, even though I overwrite the old files where I installed the pack and the latest dlc folder. 

Anyone got any tips?

Edited by falcon3y

Where did you install the pack's vehicles to? If you installed them to dlcpacks/patchday3ng, try to put the new vehicles to patchday9ng or a higher patchday, that may overwrite the other vehicle. Let me know if it worked!

2 hours ago, CrazySanitoeter said:

Where did you install the pack's vehicles to? If you installed them to dlcpacks/patchday3ng, try to put the new vehicles to patchday9ng or a higher patchday, that may overwrite the other vehicle. Let me know if it worked!

Hey mate, I tried to overwrite it in patchday9 but it didn't show up in-game, it has always worked for me to do it like that, but for some reason it won't. I have a really nice setup of plugins right now and it's stable so I really don't want to put in my backup and start again. 

Okay, that's strange...do you have installed the old vehicles in multiple patchday files? Do you use the mods folder of OpenIV? If yes, would it be very bad to delete the patchday files and copy it again?

I'm using OpenIV yeah, I haven't installed it in multiple patchdays folders, I used patchday9. I've tried many things, for example using the replace button, then opening up the police4 in view to check that the vehicle actually got replaced and it did, however it's still not showing up in-game even though I for sure replaced it. I installed the old pack manually too, so overwriting it shouldn't be a problem since I know where I put the files myself, so I honestly don't know what's going on. 

Just did a fresh installment of the mods directory, reverting all models back to the originals including the files assorted, now they are all stock. I tried to install new cars now in patchday9, they still don't show up....

I solved the problem.

Apparently the vehicle pack was still 'installed' even though the vehicles were completely removed, for some reason it stuck with the original files as well outside of the mod folder when I reverted back to them. I simply found dlclist.xml and removed the pack from it. That cleared it from the game and the mods showed up. 

Edited by falcon3y