Hi all,

We've decided to remove the ability to create new status updates for everyone for now and hide them completely from our main navigation. Old status updates can still be found via search and activity feeds.
This decision is mostly driven by an uptake in drama and other issues stemming from this section of the website, which is further antagonized by lack of proper moderation tools for the section.

We apologize to all of this who this decision will affect, but rest assured that most content posted previously in this section still has a place on the website!

We hope that we will find time to add more powerful moderation features to statuses and allow them to return, but going forward the Gallery, Media forum, Showroom forums as well as our Community Discussion category are well placed for most content that was in statuses.

Cyan.

this is the worst decision i've seen in two years. the moderators are what led to statuses being used more to begin with. people like me were tired of having our shit moved from one part of the forum to the other, getting warned for posting in the wrong spot even though it clearly fit where it was, or moderators telling us that what we were posting in the main forum should be posted as a status update. what the hell is goin on around here? the status update was the only space some of us felt comfortable posting on and now we have nothing. un-fantastic :verymad:

36 minutes ago, jg45042 said:

this is the worst decision i've seen in two years. the moderators are what led to statuses being used more to begin with. people like me were tired of having our shit moved from one part of the forum to the other, getting warned for posting in the wrong spot even though it clearly fit where it was, or moderators telling us that what we were posting in the main forum should be posted as a status update. what the hell is goin on around here? the status update was the only space some of us felt comfortable posting on and now we have nothing. un-fantastic :verymad:

I'm sorry you feel that way. We had to remove the status updates due to the problems we've had in moderating them (lack of moderation tools and issues with member permissions). As Cyan said, we hope to bring them back in due course.

If you think a moderator has made a mistake in moving your topic somewhere, feel free to shoot me a PM where you show me where this took place so it can be solved. I have to say though, if this is the worst decision we've made, I feel pretty good about it - This hardly seems like the end of the world!

Original Light, Ben and Officer27 like this

4 minutes ago, ineseri said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. We had to remove the status updates due to the problems we've had in moderating them. As Cyan said, we hope to bring them back in due course.

If you think a moderator has made a mistake in moving your topic somewhere, feel free to shoot me a PM where you show me where this took place so it can be solved. I have to say though, if this is the worst decision we've made, I feel pretty good about it - This hardly seems like the end of the world!

i find it ironic that you would be the one replying since you are the single reason i stopped posting on the forum to begin with. you are the one who told me what i was posting should be a status update and not a forum post and you locked it. and i've never posted on the main forum since that day. having said that, i'm somewhat patient and we'll see how this status update situation goes. if i can hold off on posting on the forum for over a year, i can certainly wait this out..i think.

4 minutes ago, jg45042 said:

i can certainly wait this out..i think.

We'll of course try to bring Status Updates back if we can find a good way for everyone to implement it. 

If you wish to further discuss this, feel free to send me a PM.

2 hours ago, ineseri said:

We'll of course try to bring Status Updates back if we can find a good way for everyone to implement it. 

If you wish to further discuss this, feel free to send me a PM.

uh @Yard1 is still status updating.... is this implemented yet?

21 minutes ago, Darkmyre said:

lol, they had to remove status updates so they didnt have to ban bxbuggs. But there's no "old boys club" mentality, no siree!

what did buggs do?

It looks like this thread may be inciting some salt - I'll lock it for now and if anyone has further concerns they can contact me directly.

In response though;

1 hour ago, Darkmyre said:

lol, they had to remove status updates so they didnt have to ban bxbuggs. But there's no "old boys club" mentality, no siree!

Going through his content, I can't see anything in any status updates from him that may violate our rules.

47 minutes ago, FRGamer said:

+1

chrome_2016-09-10_21-13-46.png

Quite frankly nobody should be talking crap about anyone on this site. If someone violates our rules on site, there is a report button. If someone has done something elsewhere, then take it elsewhere. There is a difference between criticism and attacks, and we've never sanctioned anybody for valid criticism.

2 hours ago, Play3r2 said:

uh @Yard1 is still status updating.... is this implemented yet?

It looks like this should be sorted now.