Sign in to follow this  
SoarHawk

Dodge Charger Slicktop

Hey guys,

I saw this car on Instagram and I thought it would be really cool to have on LSPDFR. It's a Georgia State Police motor carrier compliance division. If someone takes my request, if you could please use coronas or a bright environmental lighting so it shows from a distance, tinted windows like shown and the other features shown such as ALPRs, antennas shown, and license plate lights. 

Picture Credits: georgialawenforcementdatabase and Georgia_Police_Fire_Pictures 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, SoarHawk said:

Hey guys,

I saw this car on Instagram and I thought it would be really cool to have on LSPDFR. It's a Georgia State Police motor carrier compliance division. If someone takes my request, if you could please use coronas or a bright environmental lighting so it shows from a distance, tinted windows like shown and the other features shown such as ALPRs, antennas shown, and license plate lights. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey, I can't help you on the modeling of the car part seeing as how I haven't modeled a car since GTA IV days, but if you don't hear from a modeler I may be of some help.

If you don't hear from somebody, try to find a charger model that you would be satisfied with using (possibly BxBugs123's chargers?) and send me the link, and I can make a texture for you (you can look on my profile for pictures of a North Carolina State Highway Patrol '15 charger I skinned). You (or I) could also replace Bxbugs123's charger hubcaps textures with a black ones to match the rims in the photos.

If you decide to go this route I could have the skin ready in a few hours - a day

SoarHawk likes this

1 hour ago, Obriant1929 said:

Hey, I can't help you on the modeling of the car part seeing as how I haven't modeled a car since GTA IV days, but if you don't hear from a modeler I may be of some help.

If you don't hear from somebody, try to find a charger model that you would be satisfied with using (possibly BxBugs123's chargers?) and send me the link, and I can make a texture for you (you can look on my profile for pictures of a North Carolina State Highway Patrol '15 charger I skinned). You (or I) could also replace Bxbugs123's charger hubcaps textures with a black ones to match the rims in the photos.

If you decide to go this route I could have the skin ready in a few hours - a day

Thank you! I will definitely keep this in mind. 

On 9/5/2016 at 9:51 PM, SoarHawk said:

Hey guys,

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is a really nice model, I would love to do this. But Im to busy with other models atm

Edited by OfficerWalters
SoarHawk likes this

I've had the pleasure of seeing one of these slicktops in person, and it is certainly a sight to behold for anyone that's a public safety geek like me! So pretty! Lol

Unfortunately, I've been requesting slick-top Chargers for a long time, and the one that was just released by Captain14 (I think I got that name right) the other day, which doesn't support liveries, is the only one that's come out yet... so, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one :( I'm sure it would definitely help any prospective modelers to get a few shots of the front of the car as well, if you can find some.

All that being said, I'd also be willing to make a texture for an existing model if Obriant1929 isn't able to get to it.

Model wise, I highly suggest BxBuggs V1.4RX charger. 

You can remove the light bar from the top and use it as a slicktop. Extras wise, I believe it has the ALPR modules on the trunk, antenna on the roof, full wrap push bar on the bumper and a texture wouldn't be that hard to make seeing as he includes templates with his files.

Edited by shadowdiver710