DCP1293

Horrible Framerate when on-duty

Hi all,

Today is the first day in months that I have played LSPDFR (busy schedule) and I decided it would be a perfect time to get everything going again. The problem is.. anytime I go on duty with LSPDFR my frames will drop by 10-20 FPS constantly, sometimes worse. this happens with and without any extra plugins.

As soon as I go off duty I get a constant 60FPS and it never drops. I am just not sure what it could be at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. and yes, I know how to install mods correctly :P

PC Specs:

i7-4790K CPU

16GB DDR3 Ram

GTX980Ti GPU

I wont list anything else as I don't see any point, if you need more details just ask.

Could, be some softwares in your background

Probably need to restart, if this is a common issue, ragehook will probably find a fix or lspdfr.

8 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

Open up Task Manager go to the details tab and look for gtav.exe and put it on high priority, that should fix the low framerate and any stuttering occurring  

Already tried, no help.

5 minutes ago, AlconH said:

Are you using KeepCalm?

As mentioned in the post, I tried with and without extra plugins. Keep Calm isn't one I ever use though.

4 minutes ago, MrMaticks said:

Could, be some softwares in your background

Probably need to restart, if this is a common issue, ragehook will probably find a fix or lspdfr.

Already did a reboot, used limited software, no help.

Go into you're nvidia control panel and go to manage 3D settings, then over to Program Settings then fight gta5.exe and go to the settings and find Power Management mode and set it to Prefer Maximum Performance 

17 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

Go into you're nvidia control panel and go to manage 3D settings, then over to Program Settings then fight gta5.exe and go to the settings and find Power Management mode and set it to Prefer Maximum Performance 

No improvement, sadly.

7 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

Man, I'm sorry I couldn't help you out, I'll keep trying to solve you're issue though. 

Thanks man, I greatly appreciate the help.

Edited by DCP1293

No point. I tried lowering them to the lowest settings with the same results. This isn't a problem with those settings. As EvilJack said above, it seems to be code Rockstar implemented in an effort to obstruct modding.

3 minutes ago, DCP1293 said:

No point. I tried lowering them to the lowest settings with the same results. This isn't a problem with those settings. As EvilJack said above, it seems to be code Rockstar implemented in an effort to obstruct modding.

Have you tried using ddu to uninstall you're nvidia drivers to rollback to a older driver and see if that does anything?

Ever since two updates ago mine has been doing the same thing. It ran perfect before the update, and now when I start lspdfr, its lags every now and then. If I run just the game it works perfect, even with all the car mods. I tried everything you did, like running just vanilla lspdfr and it still lags, showing its not one of the plugins or callouts. I have yet to find a fix so if you do please share because lots of people have this issue.

All the best,

Findus and DakotaM990 like this

4 minutes ago, olddutch7 said:

Ever since two updates ago mine has been doing the same thing. It ran perfect before the update, and now when I start lspdfr, its lags every now and then. If I run just the game it works perfect, even with all the car mods. I tried everything you did, like running just vanilla lspdfr and it still lags, showing its not one of the plugins or callouts. I have yet to find a fix so if you do please share because lots of people have this issue.

All the best,

Have you tried running gtav.exe in high priority in the task manager? 

3 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

Have you tried running gtav.exe in high priority in the task manager? 

Yeah, I've tried everything so far DCP has. I've just kinda accepted that this is how it's going to be and put up with it.

3 minutes ago, olddutch7 said:

Yeah, I've tried everything so far DCP has. I've just kinda accepted that this is how it's going to be and put up with it.

So even if you put the game on the lowest settings the game still stutters and drops fps?

5 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

So even if you put the game on the lowest settings the game still stutters and drops fps?

I lowered my setting considerably and yes, it still lags. Before the update that made it go down hill, I would run the game on max settings with no problems at all.

DakotaM990 likes this

8 minutes ago, Atwood16 said:

While I greatly appreciate you attempting to help out another user, I ask that you not hi-jack @DCP1293 topic.

@olddutch7 If you haven't done so you can create another thread for help with your issue if need be. :thumbsup:

Original Light likes this

3 minutes ago, JAMJustin35 said:

While I greatly appreciate you attempting to help out another user, I ask that you not hi-jack @DCP1293 topic.

@olddutch7 If you haven't done so you can create another thread for help with your issue if need be. :thumbsup:

Sorry didn't mean to hi-jack the post. I just wanted to mention that DCP was not alone. 

Findus and JAM like this

4 minutes ago, JAMJustin35 said:

Ah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause any trouble just trying to lend a hand 

JAM likes this

57 minutes ago, DCP1293 said:

Already tried, no help.

As mentioned in the post, I tried with and without extra plugins. Keep Calm isn't one I ever use though.

Already did a reboot, used limited software, no help.

could most likely be a rockstar issue, try downgrading your game

As mentioned before, it seems like quite a few users are affected by this. I haven't noticed any decrease in FPS whilst playing LSPDFR, but I know that there are countermeasures in place. 

Atwood16 and Starmix like this