Ryan9295

Incredibly Slow Bandwidth

Hello Community, recently I have noticed that the bandwidth between me and LCPDFR.com is incredibly slow. Like less than 100kb/s slow. I know this is not on my end. I just recently did a speed test of my router and it's operating at normal speeds. On non peak times, I used to get 500kb/s a sec, more or less. But the most I get now, regardless of the time of day is around 30kb/s. I even dusted the cobwebs off of Microsoft Edge and tried that. Same speeds. 

I understand that servers are expensive, so if this is the result of cut backs. I understand. But I wanted to report this issue anyway just in case something is acting funny server side, or if anyone else is having this issue. 

Thanks,

Ryan9295

2016-09-05_1551.png

Edited by Ryan9295
Title edit

Can't replicate this myself. It may help to know your ISP; it could be a contention issue between your ISP and our frontend provider (if so, there's nothing we can do really than alert them to it).

DB0uU9Q.png

First of all. I am super jealous of your download speed. I live in the US. Oklahoma to be more specific. My ISP is AT&T. This is peak time for them. So that must be the issue. All other websites are fine though. 

2016-09-05_1603.png

Other users/devices in your house can cause this issue to. Other programs running in the back ground could be eating up you DL speeds with out you noticing but I'm going to assume you've already looked at that as being a possibility.

I use GlassWire to monitor all traffic on my computer. I can't speak for the entire router. But this has been an issue for me for a few days now. Even at times when I know I am the only user on the router. 

This is the server I'm connected to. It says 151kb, but I think it measures it in seconds. Google Chrome says 17kb/s.

I just downloaded another mod from a different website, and I got 600kb/s. So it can't be my computer or router. Somewhere between my ISP and your server, something is clogged up. And if I'm the only one in my region that has this issue, it must be closer on my end. Which sucks. Is it possible to connect to a different server? I know you have different infrastructures, I can see the different names. But is it possible to force my IP to a different one?

2016-09-05_1625.png

Edited by Ryan9295
Added more info

Please note that answers from non-staff members in the Website Problems, Feedback & Suggestions forum may be removed if we find it irrelevant.