F3nZ

Problem with installation (and my pc)

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english..

During the installation of LSPDFR, i find a problem: in my windows 10 pc, when i estract the file "exe" (installer) in GTA V folder WinRar And 7-zip says: http://prntscr.com/cdahha

(In English: Access denied).

When i estract the installation file in my desktop (with Winrar and 7-zip) , it disappear.

What can i do?

-F3nZ

Edited by F3nZ

47 minutes ago, Suffolk County Skin Co said:

Don't extract. Drag and drop. Also make sure that your PC account is an administrator account.

There's nothing wrong with extracting. It does the same thing as the drag and drop does. 

Also using an administrator account as the primary account on a computer is bad practice and quite blatant security risk. Your primary account should be a standard account, using run as admin only when necessary.

1 hour ago, F3nZ said:

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english..

During the installation of LSPDFR, i find a problem: in my windows 10 pc, when i estract the file "exe" (installer) in GTA V folder WinRar And 7-zip says: http://prntscr.com/cdahha

(In English: Access denied).

When i estract the installation file in my desktop (with Winrar and 7-zip) , it disappear.

What can i do?

-F3nZ

Hi F3nZ,

Please extract the files to somewhere you have permission to extract to, such as the desktop. Then drag and drop the files from there to the GTA V folder. The reason 7-zip is failing is because it doesn't have permission to access that directory. If you extract to the desktop, then drag all to the GTA V directory, UAC will ask for permission which you can then grant by entering the admin password.

1 hour ago, AlconH said:

There's nothing wrong with extracting. It does the same thing as the drag and drop does. 

Also using an administrator account as the primary account on a computer is bad practice and quite blatant security risk. Your primary account should be a standard account, using run as admin only when necessary.

Hi F3nZ,

Please extract the files to somewhere you have permission to extract to, such as the desktop. Then drag and drop the files from there to the GTA V folder. The reason 7-zip is failing is because it doesn't have permission to access that directory. If you extract to the desktop, then drag all to the GTA V directory, UAC will ask for permission which you can then grant by entering the admin password.

Hi, when i extract the file in the desktop, the file disappear.. Also everywhere in my pc it disappear..

20 hours ago, AlconH said:

Have you tried running 7-zip as an administrator (Right Click > Run As Administrator) and then opening the archive and attempting to extract?

Yes, but the extracted file disappear..

Edited by F3nZ

57 minutes ago, AlconH said:

Okay, how about using something other than 7-zip?

tried with win-rar. reason was about antivirus (windows defender, kaspersky). They say that installer contain a trojan.. it is true?

1 hour ago, F3nZ said:

tried with win-rar. reason was about antivirus (windows defender, kaspersky). They say that installer contain a trojan.. it is true?

No, that is a false-positive, provided you downloaded from the official website.