Sign in to follow this  
vt1032

Bad Texture Popping after Installing Cars

I just converted to real cars and I'm now getting really bad texture popping.  I had been using just stock gta 5, rde, some custom ped textures and bunch of plugins and had no problems.  As soon as I installed custom car models for all of my emergency vehicles, I get horrible texture popping, that basically makes it unplayable.  I tried changing the priority to high in task manager and it had no effect whatsoever.

Any ideas besides reinstall my game?   

20160902080941_1.jpg

20160902080955_1.jpg

20160902081057_1.jpg

20160902081137_1.jpg

20160902081142_1.jpg

20160902081145_1.jpg

Edited by vt1032

My Pc can normally run gta on pretty high settings.  It has a Nvidia gtx 745 and a quad core 3.60 cpu.  Are there any other Pc specs that could cause this?  I've noticed in task manager that my disk is at 100% or high like that when it happens.

I'm having a similar problem, I have the beta addon that adds LSSD and BCSO as two different departments and my sheriff vehicles look like this.  It's a carvariations issue and I have no idea where I'm supposed to put it, I've tried adding a sheriff2 entry in the RDE dlc carvariations and the mpluxe carvariations.

vfoU64b.png

@Officialjake That seems to be a separate issue. The OP's texture popping happens due to memory issues.

@vt1032 I had this problem as well. I have a ton of new police cars due to the many police agencies I've been adding to my game, but I didn't want to remove them. The texture pop would happen literally minutes after I go on duty, it was that bad.

However, I did increase my page file a couple of gigs and the texture pop doesn't happen as often anymore. I can patrol for a couple of hours with no worry and the popping issue only comes back during script-heavy callouts. Also, you could try to change your settings in your nvidia control panel for gtav.exe.

These are pretty much my changes:

• Maximum pre-rendered frames - 1
  • Multi-displayed/mixed-GPU acceleration - Single Display
  • Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum
  • Threaded Optimization - On

Worth a shot.

Edited by Beren

5 hours ago, Beren said:

@Officialjake That seems to be a separate issue. The OP's texture popping happens due to memory issues.

@vt1032 I had this problem as well. I have a ton of new police cars due to the many police agencies I've been adding to my game, but I didn't want to remove them. The texture pop would happen literally minutes after I go on duty, it was that bad.

However, I did increase my page file a couple of gigs and the texture pop doesn't happen as often anymore. I can patrol for a couple of hours with no worry and the popping issue only comes back during script-heavy callouts. Also, you could try to change your settings in your nvidia control panel for gtav.exe.

These are pretty much my changes:

• Maximum pre-rendered frames - 1
  • Multi-displayed/mixed-GPU acceleration - Single Display
  • Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum
  • Threaded Optimization - On

Worth a shot.

Thanks.  I'll give that a shot when I get back from vacation.  

When you sat it's a memory issue, does that mean I don't have eenough vram?  

7 hours ago, vt1032 said:

Thanks.  I'll give that a shot when I get back from vacation.  

When you sat it's a memory issue, does that mean I don't have eenough vram?  

That seems to be the likely culprit, yes.

After playing for a while or during intense scripted situations, GTA V eats up a chunk of my memory and that's when the texture usually starts happening. Doesn't happen as much when I remove my custom car models.

I just finished decking out all my departments in vehicles with 4k skins and now I get this when I go on duty.  I'll try the page file suggestion and I'm switching my skins to 2k instead.

The only thing that makes this issue incredibly infuriating is that once it starts occurring, there doesn't seem to be a way of reversing it. It'll continue to gradually get worse until the majority of the game world disappears. You can find yourself the quietest spot with no cars or peds and things will never get back to normal unless you restart the game.

Another thing you guys can try is disabling hyper-threading. There's an option for it on the ragehook launcher under Game Settings>Command Line Switches. I did notice that it seemed to have given me a couple more FPS in game.

Interestingly, I found a strong correlation between plugins and missing textures.  I'm still playing around with it, trying to figure out if a particular one is causing it, but removing all plugins completely fixed the issue for me.  obviously, I'm going to be needing my plugins so I'll have to figure something else out, but just something to look at.