jplaz5465

Default vehicle components

Hi all- I've added a great CVPI model to my police vehicle inventory, but most times it spawns, it does as a slicktop rather than with the lightbar. After 4-5 spawns, the vehicle spawns with the lightbar. I can add the lightbar in the "vehicle component" section of the trainer, but I was wondering if there was a way to remove the slicktop from spawning, so the vehicle only spawns with the lightbar. I understanding adding vehicles and skins in OpenIV, but as far as modifying models or anything I've never done anything with it. Can this great community offer any advice? Thanks!

look below

Edited by Starmix

You need to modify your vehicles.meta file for that specific model (police I'm assuming).  Open vehicles.meta and find police model.  Then scroll down until you see requiredExtras line.  Find out what extra number the lightbar is then insert the line below (below EXTRA_1 is used as an example only, could be any number depending on what spot the lightbar is).

<requiredExtras>EXTRA_1</requiredExtras>

11john11 and Play3r2 like this

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

3 hours ago, Iggy Fresh said:

You need to modify your vehicles.meta file for that specific model (police I'm assuming).  Open vehicles.meta and find police model.  Then scroll down until you see requiredExtras line.  Find out what extra number the lightbar is then insert the line below (below EXTRA_1 is used as an example only, could be any number depending on what spot the lightbar is).

<requiredExtras>EXTRA_1</requiredExtras>

@Iggy Fresh, I have dozens of vehicles.meta files....how do I know which one to edit? I appreciate your help...I'm still pretty new to modding vehicles! Thanks

2 minutes ago, jplaz5465 said:

@Iggy Fresh, I have dozens of vehicles.meta files....how do I know which one to edit? I appreciate your help...I'm still pretty new to modding vehicles! Thanks

There should only be one.  Here's the location:  update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5/vehicles.meta

56 minutes ago, Iggy Fresh said:

There should only be one.  Here's the location:  update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta5/vehicles.meta

Perfect! Thank you so much for the help!

looking in that location i only see this line <requiredExtras />

if i want to remove all the components can i just delete the line <requiredExtras />

and add this instead ?  <requiredExtras>EXTRA_1</requiredExtras>

so my LED bar spawns only ?

Edited by joe25