Whatupdog2

Installing Car Models

Hey guys, Ive been trying to install car models but it seems like now you need to type in some form of code into the system with open 4. I think im doing it right but everytime I run the game it crashes on start. Can someone show/tell me how to install car models? 

You shouldn't have to type any code when you open OpenIV.  Read the readme, and follow the instructions.  For most cars, it's a very simple drag and drop operation.  Some cars will require modding your carvariations and vehicles.meta files (stay away from those if you're just getting started).  The game may crash if you messed something up with vehicles or carvariations.meta files.  Also, make sure you use the Mods folder, so you can always revert back to original files in case you mess up.

9 minutes ago, Iggy Fresh said:

You shouldn't have to type any code when you open OpenIV.  Read the readme, and follow the instructions.  For most cars, it's a very simple drag and drop operation.  Some cars will require modding your carvariations and vehicles.meta files (stay away from those if you're just getting started).  The game may crash if you messed something up with vehicles or carvariations.meta files.  Also, make sure you use the Mods folder, so you can always revert back to original files in case you mess up.

How do I install the template

Thread moved to GTA V > Support. If you feel this is the wrong section please report this post.

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

Edited by JAMJustin35

26 minutes ago, ScarletDraconis said:

Just wanna say, what you're looking for was pinned on top of the very page you should have posted your thread in :thumbsup:

Is there video for all that?

48 minutes ago, Whatupdog2 said:

Is there video for all that?

You don't need a video, dude, just read, and you'll understand what you need to know so you can do it all by yourself like a big guy! :)