Kallus Rourke

Standalone car crashing game when trying to spawn it in?

Hello,

I installed this vehicle as a standalone - http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/87518-declasse-rancher-los-santos-county-sheriff/

The game loads fine, all other vehicles spawn in fine.  However, when I try and spawn this in, it crashes, and the log says "cannot find model".  I'm looking at my meta and carvar..the files for this specific vehicle are there.  I had this issue before and it was due to a spelling mistake on my part.  Unless I'm utterly blind, there is no spelling error this time around. Any ideas?

Meta: http://pastebin.com/62xpsZ76

Carvar:  http://pastebin.com/4XhwRxLu

Thanks for any help.

Make sure the vehicle above and below in the vehicle.meta is fine. (starting with <Item> and ending in </Item> i've deleted them countless of times and spent 30 minutes wondering what went wrong.

Also, How many cars have you got added on. You may need a modified gameconfig file to support more vehicles

7 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

Make sure the vehicle above and below in the vehicle.meta is fine. (starting with <Item> and ending in </Item> i've deleted them countless of times and spent 30 minutes wondering what went wrong.

Also, How many cars have you got added on. You may need a modified gameconfig file to support more vehicles

Hi Couthink!

Unless I'm mistaken, the only time you know your game can't handle anymore standalone cars is if it crashes on the "loading and populating" screen.  This crashes when I try to spawn in this particular car only. All other cars spawn in fine.  I've looked over the meta and carvar multiple times...I can't see the problem.  I also checked the vehicle files, they (should) be fine.  I'm tempted to download another car, call it sherranch, throw it in the same slot and see if it still happens. I'm baffled as to why this is happening.

2 minutes ago, Arariel said:

Hi Couthink!

Unless I'm mistaken, the only time you know your game can't handle anymore standalone cars is if it crashes on the "loading and populating" screen.  This crashes when I try to spawn in this particular car only. All other cars spawn in fine.  I've looked over the meta and carvar multiple times...I can't see the problem.  I also checked the vehicle files, they (should) be fine.  I'm tempted to download another car, call it sherranch, throw it in the same slot and see if it still happens. I'm baffled as to why this is happening.

Any reason why you changed the light and siren settings? you've got the lights set at 1 and the sirensetting at 1.

Whereas in the readme/carvariation of the download it has lights set at 0 and siren set a 5. change it to that, and it might work. 

5 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

Any reason why you changed the light and siren settings? you've got the lights set at 1 and the sirensetting at 1.

Whereas in the readme/carvariation of the download it has lights set at 0 and siren set a 5. change it to that, and it might work. 

The carvar I used was my own template that I use for all standalone cars.  I've tried to install other people's meta and carvars, usually crashes my game due to how they have theirs formatted.  Unfortunately I am off to sleep, but I will change those settings real quick and try them tomorrow.

11 hours ago, CouthInk4 said:

Unfortunately this didn't fix it.  When I try to spawn it in via my trainer, it tells me the vehicle is spawned even though it didn't.  When I spawn it in via RPH console it crashes.  I am so very confused right now.

23 hours ago, CouthInk4 said:

I renamed the vehicle and changed the meta and carvar codes to be the most recent, and well la, it works now.  Thanks.

One more question, you mentioned changing the light and siren settings...what do those mean, anyhow?  How do they effect the car?

9 minutes ago, Arariel said:

I renamed the vehicle and changed the meta and carvar codes to be the most recent, and well la, it works now.  Thanks.

One more question, you mentioned changing the light and siren settings...what do those mean, anyhow?  How do they effect the car?

they affect on how the lightbar works, certain settings are for certain vehicles. 

<sirenSettings value="1" /> = This siren lights is used by Police Buffalo, Police Riot, Park Ranger SUV and Sheriff Granger.
<sirenSettings value="2" /> = This siren lights is used by Police Interceptor.
<sirenSettings value="4" /> = This siren lights is used by Ambulance. 
<sirenSettings value="5" /> = This siren lights is used by NYSP Police Roadcruiser, NYSP Police Rancher and LSPD Police Transporter.
<sirenSettings value="6" /> = This siren lights is used by Police Bike
<sirenSettings value="7" /> = This siren lights is used by Fire Truck
<sirenSettings value="9" /> = This siren lights is used by Tow Truck and one of Boxville models.
<sirenSettings value="10" /> = This siren lights is used by Lifeguard SUV.
<sirenSettings value="13" /> = This siren lights is used by Stanier Police Cruiser and Sheriff Cruiser.

42 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

they affect on how the lightbar works, certain settings are for certain vehicles. 

<sirenSettings value="1" /> = This siren lights is used by Police Buffalo, Police Riot, Park Ranger SUV and Sheriff Granger.
<sirenSettings value="2" /> = This siren lights is used by Police Interceptor.
<sirenSettings value="4" /> = This siren lights is used by Ambulance. 
<sirenSettings value="5" /> = This siren lights is used by NYSP Police Roadcruiser, NYSP Police Rancher and LSPD Police Transporter.
<sirenSettings value="6" /> = This siren lights is used by Police Bike
<sirenSettings value="7" /> = This siren lights is used by Fire Truck
<sirenSettings value="9" /> = This siren lights is used by Tow Truck and one of Boxville models.
<sirenSettings value="10" /> = This siren lights is used by Lifeguard SUV.
<sirenSettings value="13" /> = This siren lights is used by Stanier Police Cruiser and Sheriff Cruiser.

I was not aware of this at all, thanks.  In the event of standalone cars, do we just use the siren setting we think would best suit that specific model?

Also, what is the lightsetting value?