FirstDue Digital

Game will not load with latest updates

Hi y'all,

Yesterday night I attempted to bring my GTA V and all LSPDFR files to their latest versions. I started by backing up version 757, which is what I was still on, and then did a "verify integrity of game cache" as suggested. Took about 30min for Steam to finish that up. Once that was done, I copied the latest update.rpf into my mods folder, and downloaded and installed the latest RPH. I installed the latest scripthook v, and then I tried to load up the game via RPH. I did not have any plugins installed... just LSPDFR, RPH, the OpenIV ASI and Scripthook.

I only made it to "Loading and populating game world" before my game crashed. Checked everything and made sure I hadn't forgotten anything dumb, and tried again. Same result. I then went in and removed the OpenIV.asi and temporarily renamed the "mods" folder, just to be sure that none of my custom files were crashing the game, and once again, it didn't make it past "loading and populating game world." I tried Albo's troubleshooter, and it said everything looked fine... glanced over all of my files again, and everything seemed alright... so I got sick of trying, gave up, and reverted everything back to my backup of 757, which again works flawlessly.

Does anyone know right off the bat what stupid thing I probably forgot to do that caused my crashes? I don't have a log right now as this happened last night, and I don't really want to go through the trouble again today without the hope that it'll actually work this time...

If it's not a no-brainer mistake that someone can recognize right off the bat, I'll probably try to update everything again tomorrow night to be able to submit a crash log.

I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Edited by FirstDue Digital
forgot to mention no other plugins installed

1 hour ago, Suffolk County Skin Co said:

You have to delete your mods folder and reconstruct it one vehicle at a time.

I find that incredibly hard to believe considering the game wouldn't load even WITHOUT my mods folder...

You mean with version 757 build 757, when yes then you need to update your GTAV because you need to have Build 791.1

and LSPDFR  0.3.1   RagePluginHook 0.45 is the newest.

20 minutes ago, Madmex said:

You mean with version 757 build 757, when yes then you need to update your GTAV because you need to have Build 791.1

and LSPDFR  0.3.1   RagePluginHook 0.45 is the newest.

Yeah, I updated from 757 up to 791.1, which is what I'm having the issues with. Had the most up-to-date versions of all of it. That's why I'm not understanding what's wrong.